What Are Some Major Social Problems in the Philippines?
- Corruption. Corruption is a decades-old problem in the Philippines.
- Poverty. Poverty is a major social problem in the Philippines with 21.6 percent of the Filipino population earning an income below the poverty line, according to the Philippine Statistics Authority.
- Human Rights.
What are the major problems in society?
major problems in the society today are: unemployment, violence, and pollution.
What is the biggest problems in the world?
Approximately 3.2 billion individuals are vulnerable to Malaria — this is half of the world’s population. Young children are the most susceptible, and about 445,000 people died from Malaria in 2016. Air Pollution: Air Pollution is a global environmental problem that causes health issues and food shortages.
What are the major problems in the Philippines?
The following sections list out some of the economic problems of the Philippines.
- Unemployment. In 2012, 10 million Filipinos were either unemployed (three million) or underemployed (seven million).
- Poor Infrastructure.
- Heavy Dependence on Remittances.
What problems should be solved?
Problems We Want Solved
- Low-cost, reliable internet access.
- Next-gen children’s toys.
- (Ambitious) Low-energy, low-cost, scalable, desalination.
- Traffic lights.
- Civic engagement tools to hold politicians accountable.
- A media company devoted to helping you understand the everyday lives of people outside your socioeconomic group.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”