Unfortunately without being weighed on a certified scale it’s hard to know how accurate the measurement is.
But if it was in fact correct it would have been the new state record largemouth bass for the state of Florida, eclipsing the current record fish of 17.27 pounds.
- 1 What is the largest bass ever caught?
- 2 Where was the biggest bass caught in Florida?
- 3 How much money is the world record bass worth?
- 4 Which state has the biggest bass?
- 5 How big can a largemouth bass get?
- 6 How old is a 28 inch striped bass?
- 7 What is the Florida state record for crappie?
- 8 What is the biggest freshwater fish in Florida?
- 9 Are bass native to Florida?
- 10 How long does the bass spawn last?
- 11 What is the biggest fish ever caught?
- 12 What is the largest freshwater fish ever caught?
- 13 How old is a 5 lb largemouth bass?
- 14 What is the best bass fishing lake in the world?
- 15 What’s the world record on largemouth bass?
- 16 What does a largemouth bass eat?
- 17 What’s the biggest smallmouth bass ever caught?
- 18 Is largemouth bass fish edible?
- 19 How old is a 40 lb striped bass?
- 20 How old do stripers live?
- 21 How much would a 20 inch bass weigh?
- 22 Where can I catch bass in Florida?
- 23 What is the lifespan of a largemouth bass?
- 24 How long does a largemouth bass live?
- 25 What’s the second biggest fish in the world?
- 26 What is the largest freshwater fish in the world?
- 27 What is the biggest fish in history?
What is the largest bass ever caught?
The current world record for the biggest largemouth bass was set by Manabu Kurita with a 22-pound, 5-ounce, 29-inch monster caught on Lake Biwa in Japan. The previous record had been standing since 1932 when George Perry caught a 22-pound, 4-ounce largemouth from Montgomery Lake in Georgia.
Where was the biggest bass caught in Florida?
Florida and California figure to be the likeliest states to produce a world-record bass. The unofficial Florida state-record largemouth weighed 20.13 pounds and was caught in Big Fish Lake in Pasco County in 1923.
How much money is the world record bass worth?
“(Perry) received $75 worth of sporting equipment for his record catch. He was a modest man who never boasted of the record, which now has stood over 70 years. The next world record bass will be worth 8 million dollars, plus endorsements.”
Which state has the biggest bass?
The Top 10 States for Bass Fishing
- New York.
- Georgia. The world-record largemouth bass – a 22-pound, 4-ounce specimen fished by one George Perry – was caught in Georgia.
- California. Photo via RBBassfishing.net.
How big can a largemouth bass get?
In comparison to age, a female bass is larger than a male. The largemouth is the largest of the black basses, reaching a maximum recorded overall length of 29.5 in (75 cm) and a maximum unofficial weight of 25 pounds 1 ounce (11.4 kg). The fish lives 10 to 16 years on average.
How old is a 28 inch striped bass?
All Stripers All The Time!!
|Length of fish||Approx. Weight of fish||Approx. Age of fish|
|26-27 inches||10 pounds||6 years|
|28 inches||11-12 pounds||7 years|
|29 inches||12-13 pounds||8 years|
|30 inches||14 pounds||9 years|
9 more rows
What is the Florida state record for crappie?
The current standing record for a black crappie in Florida was caught in 1992 by Ben Curry out of Lake Talquin, weighing in at an incredible 3.83 pounds. The world record crappie weighs in at five pounds flat.
What is the biggest freshwater fish in Florida?
The Mosquitofish is the most common freshwater fish in the Everglades and is even found in the brackish waters of Florida Bay.
Are bass native to Florida?
Scientists Recognize New Bass Species in Florida Waters. The Choctaw bass, which was long mistaken for spotted bass, is found in coastal rivers along the Florida Panhandle and southern Alabama.
How long does the bass spawn last?
10 to 14 days
What is the biggest fish ever caught?
The Biggest Fish Ever Caught
- No. 8: 1,298-Pound Sixgill Shark.
- No. 7: 1,376-Pound Pacific Blue Marlin.
- No. 6: 1,402-Pound Atlantic Blue Marlin.
- No. 5: 1,496-Pound Bluefin Tuna.
- No. 4: 1,560-Pound Black Marlin.
- No. 3: 1,708-Pound Greenland Shark.
- No. 2: 1,785-Pound Tiger Shark.
- No. 1: 2,664-Pound White Shark.
What is the largest freshwater fish ever caught?
Thailand, it turns out, is home to some massively large freshwater fish. The country currently holds the world record in the category thanks to a 646-pound catfish hooked in 2005, but last week, researchers caught and released a giant freshwater stingray in the Mae Klong River that may set a new record.
How old is a 5 lb largemouth bass?
A 15-inch bass might be an average four-year-old, a fast growing three-year-old or a slow growing five-year-old. A big bass, say five pounds, might be anywhere between six and 16 years old.
What is the best bass fishing lake in the world?
The Top 25 Best Bass Fishing Lakes Of 2017
- Sam Rayburn Reservoir, Texas. Deep in the heart of East Texas lies the 114,000 acres of bass fishing heaven that is Sam Rayburn Reservoir.
- Lake Mille Lacs.
- Clear Lake, California.
- Falcon Lake, Texas.
- Lake Berryessa, California.
- Lake Erie.
- Lake St. Clair.
- California Delta.
What’s the world record on largemouth bass?
World’s Record & Biggest Largemouth Bass. The world record largemouth bass was caught by George Perry in Montgomery Lake in Georgia in 1932. The world record bass was 22 pounds and 4 ounces. That world record has held up for 8 decades!
What does a largemouth bass eat?
Adult largemouth bass prefer to feed on small fish like perch, sunfish, and minnows. However, they are also known to eat crayfish, insects, frogs, and even small aquatic birds. A bass under two inches, known as a “fry,” will do not act as predators but instead feed on zooplankton and insect larvae.
What’s the biggest smallmouth bass ever caught?
Official Largemouth World Record: George Perry’s Undefeated Bass. On June 2nd, 1932, George Perry caught the current world record bass out of Lake Montgomery, an oxbow lake off the Ocmulgee River in southern Georgia. The fish (the whopper) weighed 22 pounds, 4 ounces.
Is largemouth bass fish edible?
In fact, it may harm the largemouth bass resource more if you don’t take small fish where legal. It’s different with anglers who target catfish, crappie and any small sunfish generally referred to as bream (pronounced brim). They do enjoy the serenity and challenge of fishing, but they like to eat fish.
How old is a 40 lb striped bass?
Striped Bass Length – Age – Weight Chart©
22 more rows
How old do stripers live?
How much would a 20 inch bass weigh?
Bass and Trout
|Length||Smallmouth Bass||Largemouth Bass|
|19.5||3 lb. 9 oz.||4 lb. 4 oz.|
|20||3 lb. 14 oz.||4 lb. 10 oz.|
|20.5||4 lb. 3 oz.||5 lb. 1 oz.|
25 more rows
Where can I catch bass in Florida?
10 Great Bass-Fishing Lakes in Florida
- Lake Okeechobee.
- Lake George.
- Lake Ocklawaha (Rodman Reservoir)
- Everglades Water Conservation Areas 2 and 3.
- Tenoroc Fish Management Area.
- Mosaic Fish Management Area.
- Lake Tohopekaliga (Toho)
- Lake Talquin.
What is the lifespan of a largemouth bass?
Their lifespan is on average 16 years. Immature largemouth bass may tend to congregate in schools, but adults are usually solitary. Sometimes several bass will gather in a very small area, but they do not interact. Largemouth bass hide among plants, roots or limbs to strike their prey.
How long does a largemouth bass live?
A largemouth bass can live up to 15 years, but fish over 10 years old are rare.
What’s the second biggest fish in the world?
What is the largest freshwater fish in the world?
The beluga sturgeon in Russia is the largest freshwater fish in the world. The white sturgeon is the largest freshwater fish in North America. White sturgeon have been reported to reach lengths of 15-20 feet and weights of nearly one ton. The second largest freshwater fish in North America is the alligator gar.
What is the biggest fish in history?
Photo in the article by “National Park Service”