Mississippi – Largest Cities
6 more rows
What’s the most populated city in Mississippi?
What’s the largest cities in Mississippi?
The Five Biggest Cities In Mississippi
- Jackson. With a population of 173,514 individuals, Jackson is Mississippi’s biggest city.
- Gulfport. Mississippi’s second biggest city, Gulfport, had a population of 67,793 in 2010.
- Southaven. The Mississippi city of Southaven is the state’s third largest city.
What is the best city to live in in Mississippi?
Best Places to Live in Mississippi
- Ocean Springs. With a reputation for its cultural arts venues, Ocean Springs is an upscale community where the median home value is $225,000.
What is the poorest county in Mississippi?
How many millionaires are in Mississippi?
Not Many Millionaires In Mississippi. JACKSON, MS (Ben Caxton) — An annual state-by-state millionaire ranking released yesterday finds Mississippi at the bottom at number 51.
What is Mississippi ranked in size?
List of US States By Size
|Rank||State Name||Square Miles|
46 more rows
What is the nickname for Mississippi?
The Magnolia State
What’s the biggest county in Mississippi?
Looking for a list of cities, counties or zips in Mississippi?
79 more rows
What’s the largest city on the Mississippi River?
Cities on the Mississippi River
- Memphis, TN. Memphis is the 2nd largest and most populous city in Tennessee with a population of 646,889.
- Minneapolis, MN. The city of Minneapolis in Minnesota enjoys so many accolades that explain why it is a favorite to many.
- New Orleans, LA.
- St. Louis, MO.
- Saint Paul, MN.
- Baton Rouge, LA.
- Davenport, IA.
What is the safest town in Mississippi?
The 5 Safest Cities in Mississippi
- #1. Madison. Population 26,339. Median Income $103,121. Violent Crime Rate (per 1,000) 0.42.
- #2. Brandon. Population 24,125. Median Income $72,529. Violent Crime Rate (per 1,000) 1.12.
- #3. Horn Lake. +1. Population 27,199.
- #4. Southaven. +1. Population 53,928.
- #5. Oxford. +3. Population 24,071.
How much does it cost to live in Mississippi?
An amount below 100 means Mississippi is cheaper than the US average. A cost of living index above 100 means Mississippi, Mississippi is more expensive.
105 Whispering Oaks Dr # 582MG.
|COST OF LIVING||Mississippi||United States|
|Median Home Cost||$129,200||$219,700|
4 more rows
What is the richest part of Mississippi?
Detailed List Of The Richest Cities In Mississippi
51 more rows
What’s the richest county in Mississippi?
Mississippi Counties Ranked by Per Capita Income
75 more rows
What is considered low income in Mississippi?
Mississippi Household Income. According to the Census ACS 1-year survey, the median household income for Mississippi was $43,529 in 2017, the latest figures available. Compared to the median US household income, Mississippi median household income is $16,807 lower.
What is a living wage in Mississippi?
The current Mississippi minimum wage of $7.25 per hour is the lowest amount a non-exempt employee in Mississippi can legally be paid for hourly work.
Who is the richest net worth 2018?
The 25 Richest People in the World 2019
- Mark Zuckerberg. Net Worth: $61 Billion.
- Carlos Slim Helu. Net Worth: $61.7 Billion.
- Larry Ellison. Net Worth: $64.1 Billion.
- Amancio Ortega. Net Worth: $67 Billion.
- Warren Buffett. Net Worth: $82.7 Billion.
- Bernard Arnault. Net Worth: $83.7 Billion.
- Bill Gates. Net Worth: $98.3 Billion.
- Jeff Bezos. Net Worth: $145.3 Billion.
What is the average household income in Mississippi?
What’s the population in Mississippi?
2.987 million (2018)
What percent of Mississippi is white?
What is the life expectancy in Mississippi?
Mississippi has the 55th-highest life expectancy among all U.S. states (75.0 years). The top 10 U.S. states and territories by life expectancy are: Hawaii, Minnesota, Puerto Rico, Connecticut, California, Massachusetts, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, New Jersey.
What is the literacy rate in Mississippi?
As of 2003, the most recent National Assessment of Adult Literacy, at least 15 percent of adults in Mississippi were found to be illiterate, with rates soaring as high as 30 percent in some of the most impoverished and rural counties.
How deep is the Mississippi River at Memphis?
How far does the Mississippi River go?
How deep is the Mississippi River?
Is Long Beach MS a good place to live?
Long Beach is a town in Mississippi with a population of 15,446. Long Beach is in Harrison County. Many families and young professionals live in Long Beach and residents tend to lean conservative. The public schools in Long Beach are highly rated.
Is Clinton MS a good place to live?
Clinton is a town in Mississippi with a population of 25,398. Clinton is in Hinds County and is one of the best places to live in Mississippi. Many families and young professionals live in Clinton and residents tend to be liberal. The public schools in Clinton are highly rated.
Was Jackson Mississippi named after Andrew Jackson?
Named for Andrew Jackson, the city had been established in 1821 as the seat of state government, the site chosen because of the merging of several transportation routes, most notably the Pearl River and the Natchez Trace. Jackson quickly became the center of the political, economic, and social activity in Mississippi.
What is the minimum wage in Mississippi 2017?
$7.25 per hour
What is the minimum wage in Mississippi 2019?
|State||2018 Minimum Wage||2019 Minimum Wage|
|Mississippi||$7.25 (Federal, no state minimum)||$7.25 (Federal, no state minimum)|
47 more rows
Are lunch breaks required by law in Mississippi?
Mississippi Law Doesn’t Require Meal or Rest Breaks. Some states require employers to provide a meal break, rest breaks, or both. In other words, although breaks are not required, employers must pay employees for time they spend working and for shorter breaks during the day.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”