Australia’s land mass
Australia comprises a land area of about 7.692 million square kilometres.
Although this is just five per cent of the world’s land mass (149.45 million square kilometres), Australia is the planet’s sixth largest country after Russia, Canada, China, the United States of America and Brazil.
Which is the largest country in the world in 2018?
Largest Countries in the World by Area 2019
|4||United States||9,372,610 3,617,827|
75 more rows
Are there any countries in Australia?
Australia is also referred to as Oceania and in conjunction with Zealandia. Currently, there are 3 confirmed countries that divide the continent of Australia. It consists of the country of Australia by the same name, New Zealand, and Papua New Guinea.
Which are the 10 largest countries in the world?
When all 10 of the world’s largest countries are taken together, they total 49% of the earth’s entire 149 million square kilometres of land.
- 7 – India.
- 6 – Australia.
- 5 – Brazil.
- 4 – People’s Republic of China.
- 3 – United States of America.
- 2 – Canada.
- 1 – Russia.
- 50 Largest Countries in the World By Area. Rank.
Is Australia or USA bigger?
The USA has a land area of almost 10 million square kilometres. Australia’s land area almost 7.7 million. The 48 contiguous states if the US, which excludes Alaska and Hawaii is just slightly over 8 million square km. The US is the world’s fourth largest country; Australia is #6.
What is the smallest country in the world 2018?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
- Vatican City – 0.44 km² The world’s smallest country is the Vatican, also known as the Holy See.
- Monaco – 2 km²
- Nauru – 21 km²
- Tuvalu – 26 km²
- San Marino – 61 km²
- Liechtenstein – 160 km²
- Marshall Islands – 181 km²
- Saint Kitts and Nevis – 261 km²
What’s the biggest city in the world 2018?
These Are The World’s Top-300 Most Populous Cities, 2018
- Shanghai, China. City population: 24,153,000.
- Beijing, China. City population: 18,590,000.
- Karachi, Pakistan (Islamic Republic of) City population: 18,000,000.
- Istanbul, Turkey. City population: 14,657,000.
- Dhaka, Bangladesh. City population: 14,543,000.
- Tokyo, Japan.
- Moscow, Russia.
- Manila, Philippines.
Is NZ part of Australia?
New Zealand is not part of the continent of Australia, but of the separate, submerged continent of Zealandia. New Zealand and Australia are both part of the Oceanian sub-region known as Australasia, with New Guinea being in Melanesia.
Why Australia is not an island?
According to Britannica, an island is a mass of land that is both “entirely surrounded by water” and also “smaller than a continent.” By that definition, Australia can’t be an island because it’s already a continent. Unfortunately, there isn’t a strict scientific definition of a continent.
How many countries are there in Australia List?
List of all 14 countries in Australia / Oceania. The smallest continent in the world, called Australia and Oceania, is surrounded by the Indian, Southern and Pacific Oceans.
What are the 4 largest countries in the world?
The top ten largest countries, in square kilometers.
5 more rows
Which is the richest country in the world?
Top 10 Richest Countries in the World
- Kuwait. GDP per capita ($): 71,930.
- Norway. GDP per capita ($): 72,190.
- Ireland. GDP per capita ($): 75,790.
- Brunei Darussalam. GDP per capita ($): 77,700.
- Singapore. GDP per capita ($): 93,680.
- Luxembourg. GDP per capita ($):112,710.
- Macao. GDP per capita ($): 125,170.
- Qatar. GDP per capita ($): 129,360.
What are the best countries to live in?
According to a study conducted by the Legatum Institute in 2018, Norway is the best country to live in today.
The Top Ten Countries to Live In
- Norway. Having previously ranked first in recent years, Norway came in second in the most recent ranking.
- New Zealand.
- United Kingdom.
How much of Australia is uninhabited?
Reports say approximately 768,685 km2 of land is actually habitable in Australia. This means Australia’s habitable land takes up approximately 10% of the actual land mass, with 90% being ‘termed’ uninhabitable. In comparison The Unites States is made up of 40% habitable land, South Korea 30% and The United Kingdom 70%.
Is Australia bigger than China?
Australia’s Size Compared. Australia is the planet’s sixth largest country after Russia, Canada, China, the USA, and Brazil. At 7 692 024 km2, it accounts for just five percent of the world’s land area of 149 450 000 km2, and although it is the smallest continental land mass, it is the world’s largest island.
Is Europe or Australia bigger?
However, Europe is widely considered a continent with its comparatively large land area of 10,180,000 square kilometres (3,930,000 sq mi), while South Asia, with less than half that area, is considered a subcontinent. At those times Australia–New Guinea was a single, continuous continent.
What is the poorest country in the world?
The Poorest Countries in the World
- Democratic Republic of Congo. 2017 GDP per Capita: USD 439.
- Mozambique. 2017 GDP per Capita: USD 429.
- Uganda. 2017 GDP per Capita: USD 726.
- Tajikistan. 2017 GDP per Capita: USD 777.
- Yemen. 2016 GDP per Capita: USD 762.
- Haiti. 2017 GDP per Capita: USD 776.
- Ethiopia. 2016 GDP per Capita: USD 884.
- Tanzania. 2017 GDP per Capita: USD 1037.
Which country has the most people?
62 more rows
How many countries are in the World 2019?
What’s the biggest city in the world 2019?
The 10 Most Populous Cities in the World for 2019
- 8: Mumbai.
- 7: Dhaka.
- 6: Cairo.
- 5: Mexico City.
- 4: Sao Paulo.
- 3: Shanghai.
- 2: Delhi.
- 1: Tokyo. And the winner is: the most populous city in the world is the vibrant Japanese city of Osaka which has a staggering population of 37.4 million.
What is the most polluted city in the world?
Gurugram, a suburb of the Indian capital New Delhi, is the world’s most polluted city, according to Greenpeace and AirVisual, which found it had an average air quality index of 135.8 in 2018 — almost three times the level which the US Environmental Protection Agency regards as healthy.
What are the 10 largest cities?
The Top 10 Largest U.S. Cities by Population
- New York City, NY. Population: 8,550,405.
- Los Angeles, CA. Population: 3,971,883.
- Chicago, IL. Population: 2,720,546.
- Houston, TX. Population: 2,296,224.
- Philadelphia, PA. Population: 1,567,442.
- Phoenix, AZ. Population: 1,563,025.
- San Antonio, TX. Population: 1,469,845.
- San Diego, CA. Population: 1,394,928.
What are the 14 countries in Australia?
- Australia. Australia, the smallest continent and one of the largest countries on Earth, lying between the Pacific and Indian oceans in the Southern Hemisphere.
- New Zealand.
- Papua New Guinea.
- Marshall Islands.
Is Australia an island country?
An island is a land mass (smaller than a continent) that is surrounded by water. Although Australia is designated as a continent, it is often referred to as an island, as it has no land borders. Some declared island countries are not universally recognized as politically independent, such as Northern Cyprus.
How big can an island be?
Greenland is the world’s largest island, with an area of over 2.1 million km2, while Australia, the world’s smallest continent, has an area of 7.6 million km2, but there is no standard of size that distinguishes islands from continents, or from islets.
Photo in the article by “Wikipedia”