Singapore Airlines (SIA) is reclaiming the world’s longest non-stop flight.
From October, passengers will be able to fly from Singapore to Newark, New Jersey – a journey that will take nearly 19 hours.
The longest non-stop flight available at the moment is Qatar’s 17.5-hour Auckland to Doha route.
How long is the longest commercial flight?
Non-stop flights (top 30, by great circle distance)
|1||Newark||15,344 km (9,534 mi; 8,285 nmi)|
|2||Auckland||14,535 km (9,032 mi; 7,848 nmi)|
|3||Perth||14,499 km (9,009 mi; 7,829 nmi)|
|4||Auckland||14,200 km (8,823 mi; 7,667 nmi)|
28 more rows
What is the longest flight in the world 2018?
The 10 Longest Flights In The World – 2018 Edition…
- Qatar – Auckland to Doha – Boeing 777-200LR – 9,025 miles.
- Qantas – London to Perth (Beginning in March) – Boeing 787-900 – 9,008 miles.
- Emirates – Auckland to Dubai – Airbus A380 – 8,818 miles.
- United – Los Angeles To Singapore- Boeing 787-900 – 8,770 miles.
- United – Houston to Sydney – Boeing 787-900 – 8,596 miles.
What is the longest flight possible?
The longest nonstop commercial flight in the world is scheduled at 17 hours and 50 minutes. This route from Los Angeles to Singapore serviced by United Airlines isn’t the longest by distance, but it has the longest duration due to commonly strong headwinds.
Photo in the article by “Wikipedia”