Among the deadliest days to drive are: August 2, which is the single deadliest day on American roads, according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). St. Patrick’s Day, where the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reported 30 traffic deaths in 2015 alone.
What is the most dangerous day in the world?
The day with the most deaths in human history was 23 January 1556. That was the day of the Shaanxi earthquake in China, which killed about 830,000 people.
What is the most dangerous month?
- July, August, September, and October are the 4 deadliest months on the road.
- August is the deadliest month of the year. From 2010-2015, 18,630 people have died due to car accidents in August.
- July is the second deadliest month, at 18,439 deaths between 2010 and 2015.
What is the most dangerous night of the year?
New Year’s Eve is the deadliest night of the year when it comes to drunk driving. The odds that somebody will be drunk behind the wheel and cause a fatal accident on New Year’s Eve is 232% spike in fatalities relative to the seasonal trend and day of the week where it falls.
What day of the year has most car accidents?
July 4th, Independence Day
That’s right, the most traffic fatalities happen on our nation’s birthday, the 4th of July.
What event killed the most humans?
Table ranking “History’s Most Deadly Events”: Influenza pandemic (1918-19) 20-40 million deaths; black death/plague (1348-50), 20-25 million deaths, AIDS pandemic (through 2000) 21.8 million deaths, World War II (1937-45), 15.9 million deaths, and World War I (1914-18) 9.2 million deaths.
What Holiday has the highest death rate?
New Year’s is typically associated with lots of partying and alcohol, so it’s no surprise that this event is at the top of the list of the most deadly holidays. According to the NHTSA, over 460 auto-accident fatalities occurred in 2009 and 40 percent of those were attributed to alcohol.
What is the riskiest time of day to drive?
The Most Dangerous Time of the Day to Drive
The most dangerous time of the day on the road is the two hours from 5 pm to 7 pm. During evening rush hour, the roads are congested.
What is the safest time of day to drive?
While we’re all usually in our rush to get to work in the morning, from a statistical standpoint, morning hours are the safest time to be driving. The numbers of fatalities from car crashes are the lowest during the time period from 6:00 am until 11:59 am.
What is the safest day of the week to drive?
Saturday is most dangerous day of the week to drive; afternoon rush hour worse than morning. Despite several years of steady declines, deadly vehicle crashes are on the rise, according to the most recent data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The safest day to be on the road: Tuesday.
Is it safer to drive at night?
It’s not just paranoia: Driving at night is actually more dangerous. Fatal accidents are three times more likely at night compared with the daytime, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). … But other factors add to the challenge of driving at night.
What state has the most car accidents?
US States With the Most Car Accidents
- Florida is the state with the most car accidents, but Texas had the most fatal accidents in 2018.
- Around six million automobile collisions occur in the US every year.
- The leading causes of collisions throughout the country are speeding, distracted driving, and driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
16 сент. 2020 г.
Where do the most car accidents happen?
Where do Most Car Accidents Happen?
- Close to Home. According to a Progressive Insurance study published in 2004, as many as 52 percent of all nonfatal car accidents occur within five miles of a person’s home. …
- Rural Roads. …
- Intersections. …
- Rush Hour Traffic. …
- Call Today to Speak With an Experienced Car Accident Attorney.