The Biggest Cities In Montana
- Billings. Billings is the largest city in Montana with a population of 104,170, although the entire metropolitan area has approximately 166,855 people.
- Missoula. Missoula is second on the list of the biggest cities in Montana with a population size of 66,788.
- Great Falls.
- 1 What are the largest cities in Montana?
- 2 Are there any big cities in Montana?
- 3 What is the smallest town in Montana?
- 4 What is Montana well known for?
- 5 What’s the most popular city in Montana?
- 6 What is the most popular city in Montana?
- 7 What should I see in Montana?
- 8 What was the first town in Montana?
- 9 What is the population of Montana 2019?
- 10 What state is Montana close to?
- 11 How old is the state of Montana?
- 12 What is the population of Montana cities?
- 13 What is the main religion in Montana?
- 14 Does it snow in Montana?
- 15 What is special about Montana?
- 16 What is the main city in Montana?
- 17 What is the population of Helena Montana 2018?
- 18 Is there a Kansas City in Montana?
- 19 What is the warmest city in Montana?
- 20 Is Montana a safe place to live?
- 21 What is the best city to live in Montana?
- 22 What is the safest city in Montana?
- 23 What is the richest city in Montana?
- 24 Is it expensive to live in Montana?
- 25 How many Indians are in Montana?
- 26 What percentage of Montana is white?
- 27 What is the largest county in Montana?
What are the largest cities in Montana?
Are there any big cities in Montana?
Montana has 0 cities with more than a million people, 1 cities with between 100,000 and 1 million people, and 6 cities with between 10,000 and 100,000 people. The largest city in Montana is Billings, with a population of 110,668 people.
What is the smallest town in Montana?
Montana’s Largest and Smallest Cities. The largest city in Montana is Billings, with 100,148 inhabitants (2006 census). Ismay is the smallest city, with 25 inhabitants (2005 census).
What is Montana well known for?
“Treasure State” refers to the importance of mining in Montana – copper, lead, zinc, silver, coal, and oil. Yellowstone National Park in southern Montana and northern Wyoming was the first national park in the nation. Glacier National Park has 250 lakes within its boundaries.
What’s the most popular city in Montana?
10 Biggest Cities in Montana: How Well Do You Know the Treasure State?
- Missoula (2013 pop. 62,157)
- Bozeman (2013 pop. 43,164)
- 5. ( City and County of) Butte-Silver Bow (2013 pop.
- Helena (2013 pop. 45,055)
- Kalispell (2013 pop. 31,785)
- Belgrade (2013 pop. 13,797)
- Havre (2013 pop. 9.657)
- Miles City (2013 pop. 9,604)
What is the most popular city in Montana?
Billings is the largest city in Montana with a population of 104,170, although the entire metropolitan area has approximately 166,855 people.
What should I see in Montana?
12 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Montana
- 1 Glacier National Park. Glacier National Park.
- 2 Editor’s Pick Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument. Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument.
- 3 Museum of the Rockies.
- 4 Big Sky Resort.
- 5 Helena.
- 6 The C.M.
- 7 The Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center.
- 8 The World Museum of Mining.
What was the first town in Montana?
What is the population of Montana 2019?
What state is Montana close to?
Montana borders the Canadian provinces of British Columbia, Alberta, and Saskatchewan to the north and the U.S. states of North Dakota and South Dakota to the east, Wyoming to the south, and Idaho to the west.
How old is the state of Montana?
After the discovery of gold in the region, Montana was designated as a United States territory (Montana Territory) on May 26, 1864 and, with rapid population growth, as the 41st state on November 8, 1889.
What is the population of Montana cities?
Montana – Largest Cities
6 more rows
What is the main religion in Montana?
Montana accommodates diverse religions within its population. Christianity is the dominant religion in Montana with 65% of the adult religious population professing Christianity, while 30% of the state’s adult population has no religious affiliation.
Does it snow in Montana?
Annual snowfall in Montana reach up to 300 inches (25 feet) in the Rocky Mountains in the western half of the state; the east may get as little as 20 inches.
What is special about Montana?
Montana Facts and Trivia. Montana has the largest migratory elk herd in the nation. The state boasts the largest breeding population of trumpeter swans in the lower United States. The Montana Yogo Sapphire is the only North American gem to be included in the Crown Jewels of England.
What is the main city in Montana?
What is the population of Helena Montana 2018?
Helena, Montana Population 2018. Helena, Montana’s estimated population is 31,169 according to the most recent United States census.
Is there a Kansas City in Montana?
Montana is a state located in the Western United States. Montana is divided into 56 counties and contains 129 incorporated municipalities consisting of cities and towns.
What is the warmest city in Montana?
WARMEST: BILLINGS, MONTANA. The largest city in Montana is also the warmest. Billings has an average annual high of 60 degrees, which is perhaps why so many people live there.
Is Montana a safe place to live?
For a lot of people who live in the fine state of Montana, safety isn’t a problem, but we don’t all get to live in the safest cities — unless of course you live in Baker. In all, we analyzed 31 cities in Montana with a population of more than 2,000 using the latest FBI crime data.
What is the best city to live in Montana?
Best Places to Live in Montana
- Great Falls. Taking its name from five waterfalls, Great Falls is near the Missouri River.
- Butte-Silver Bow. In 1977, the city of Butte and the county of Silver Bow consolidated and formed the sole community of Butte-Silver Bow.
What is the safest city in Montana?
According to the study, Violent Crimes are up 16.3 percent in Billings while Property Crimes rose by 5.1 percent. CLICK HERE to see individual city stats for the 25 Safest Cities in Montana.
New Study Has Dillon, MT As States Safest City; Billings #23
- Great Falls.
What is the richest city in Montana?
Detailed List Of The Richest Cities In Montana
29 more rows
Is it expensive to live in Montana?
Our cost of living indices are based on a US average of 100. An amount below 100 means Montana is cheaper than the US average. A cost of living index above 100 means Montana, Montana is more expensive.
How many Indians are in Montana?
Montana is home to 7 Indian reservations and the state-recognized Little Shell Tribe of Chippewa Indians.
What percentage of Montana is white?
The census counted 60,725 American Indians, or 6.43 percent of the population. Just over 90 percent of the rest of the state falls into the category “white alone.” That can make being black in Montana a solitary experience.
What is the largest county in Montana?
Photo in the article by “National Park Service”