According to founditemclothing.com
View 5+ moreView 5+
Indiana Jones and the Last
Back to the Future
Beverly Hills Cop
Beverly Hills Cop
What was the number one movie in the 80s?
Here are the highest grossing films, by year, of the 1980s: 1980: Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back – $538,375,067. 1981: Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark – $389,925,971. 1982: E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial – $792,910,554.
What 80s movie was the highest grossing film of the decade?
Which 80s movie was the highest grossing film of the decade? The 1982 movie surpassed Star Wars to become the highest grossing film of all time. The movie held that record for 11 years until it was surpassed by Jurassic Park in 1993.
What was the highest grossing movie of the 70s?
- Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope (1977) PG | 121 min | Action, Adventure, Fantasy. 8.6.
- Jaws (1975) PG | 124 min | Adventure, Drama, Thriller. Rate.
- The Exorcist (1973) R | 122 min | Horror. Rate.
- Grease (1978) PG-13 | 110 min | Musical, Romance. 7.2.
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977) PG | 138 min | Drama, Sci-Fi. 7.7.
What was the most popular movie in 1980?
- Return of the Jedi (1983), $309 million.
- The Empire Strikes Back (1980), $290 million.
- Batman (1989), $251 million.
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981), $245 million.
- Ghostbusters (1984), $238 million.
- Beverly Hills Cop (1984), $234 million.
- Back to the Future (1985), $210 million.
What are some of the best 80s movies?
When you think of the ’80s, a few images come to mind: shoulder pads, big hair, and all-cheesy-everything—essentially summed up in the Teen Witch “Top That!”
- After Hours (1985)
- Broadcast News (1987)
- Gremlins (1984)
- Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982)
- Near Dark (1987)
- First Blood (1982)
- The Untouchables (1987)
What popular movies came out in the 80s?
- Raging Bull (1980) R | 129 min | Biography, Drama, Sport. 8.2. Rate.
- E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982) PG | 115 min | Family, Sci-Fi. 7.9.
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) PG | 115 min | Action, Adventure. 8.5. Rate.
- Amadeus (1984) R | 160 min | Biography, Drama, History. 8.3. Rate.
- Platoon (1986) R | 120 min | Drama, War. 8.1. Rate.
What was the most popular movie in the 1990s?
Feature Film, Released between 1990-01-01 and 1999-12-31 (Sorted by Popularity Ascending)
- The Shawshank Redemption (1994) R | 142 min | Drama.
- Jurassic Park (1993)
- Pulp Fiction (1994)
- Titanic (1997)
- The Green Mile (1999)
- The Matrix (1999)
- The Lion King (1994)
- American Pie (1999)
Which was the highest grossing movie of the 90s?
Feature Film, Released between 1990-01-01 and 1999-12-31 (Sorted by US Box Office Descending)
- Titanic (1997) PG-13 | 194 min | Drama, Romance.
- Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace (1999)
- Jurassic Park (1993)
- Forrest Gump (1994)
- The Lion King (1994)
- Independence Day (1996)
- The Sixth Sense (1999)
- Home Alone (1990)
What was the most popular movie in the 60s?
Feature Film, Released between 1960-01-01 and 1969-12-31 (Sorted by Popularity Ascending)
- Mary Poppins (1964)
- The Greatest Story Ever Told (1965)
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)
- King of Kings (1961)
- Psycho (1960)
- The Music Man (1962)
- The Sound of Music (1965)
- Valley of the Dragons (1961)
What was the highest grossing movie of the 1960s?
Highest-grossing films adjusted for inflation
|1||Gone with the Wind||1939|
6 more rows
What was the top grossing movie of 1990?
Released between 1990-01-01 and 1990-12-31 (Sorted by US Box Office Descending)
- Home Alone (1990) PG | 103 min | Comedy, Family.
- Ghost (1990)
- Dances with Wolves (1990)
- Pretty Woman (1990)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)
- The Hunt for Red October (1990)
- Total Recall (1990)
- Die Hard 2 (1990)
What was the highest grossing movie in 2010?
Looking Back: The Top 10 Highest Grossing Movies from 2010!
- Toy Story 3 – $415 Million Domestic / $1.06 Billion Worldwide.
- Alice in Wonderland – $334 Million Domestic / $1.02 Billion Worldwide.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 – $278 Million Domestic / $865 Million Worldwide.
- Inception – $293 Million Domestic / $825 Million Worldwide.
What was the highest grossing movie of 2018?
Here Are the Top Ten Highest-Grossing Movies of 2018
- Black Panther. U.S. total: $700.06 million.
- Avengers: Infinity War. U.S. total: $678.82 million.
- Incredibles 2. U.S. total: $608.58 million.
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. U.S. total: $416.77 million.
- Deadpool 2. U.S. total: $318.49 million.
- The Grinch.
- Mission: Impossible — Fallout.
- Ant-Man and the Wasp.
What is the highest grossing movie of all time?
The 20 Highest-Grossing Movies of All Time (Adjusted for Inflation)
- GONE WITH THE WIND (1939)
- STAR WARS (1977)
- THE SOUND OF MUSIC (1965)
- E.T.: THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL (1982)
- TITANIC (1997)
- THE TEN COMMANDMENTS (1956)
- JAWS (1975)
- DOCTOR ZHIVAGO (1965)
What was the most popular TV show in 1980?
What were the most popular TV shows in the 1980s?
- Dallas (1980)
- Dallas (1981)
- 60 Minutes (1982)
- Dallas (1983)
- Dynasty (1984)
- The Cosby Show (1985)
- The Cosby Show (1986)
- The Cosby Show (1987)
What was the biggest movie of the 80s?
Top 10 Highest Grossing Movies Of The 80s
- Top Gun – $176.8 million.
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade – $197.2 million.
- Back to the Future – $210.6 million.
- Beverly Hills Cop – $234.8 million.
- Ghostbusters – $238.6 million.
- Raiders of the Lost Ark – $242.4 million.
- Batman – $251.2 million.
- The Empire Strikes Back – $290.2 million.
Was grease in the 80s?
3. Grease. Grease, the 1978 musical romantic comedy about two 1950s high school lovers, stars John Travolta, Olivia Newton-John, and Stockard Channing. The film is based on the 1971 musical of the same name.
Is back to the future on Netflix?
Since leaving Netflix back in 2016 the Back to the Future franchise is yet to return to the streaming service. To watch the films you’ll need to rent or purchase the films through the various VoD services available.
What was the 1980s known for?
The 1980s. For many people in the United States, the late 1970s were a troubled and troubling time. In response, many Americans embraced a new conservatism in social, economic and political life during the 1980s, characterized by the policies of President Ronald Reagan.
What movie came out in 1983?
Feature Film, Released between 1983-01-01 and 1983-12-31 (Sorted by Popularity Ascending)
- The Outsiders (1983)
- Scarface (1983)
- Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi (1983)
- National Lampoon’s Vacation (1983)
- Christine (1983)
- Octopussy (1983)
- Never Say Never Again (1983)
- Risky Business (1983)
What movies came out 1980?
Feature Film, Released between 1980-01-01 and 1980-12-31 (Sorted by Popularity Ascending)
- The Shining (1980) R | 146 min | Drama, Horror.
- Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
- The Blues Brothers (1980)
- The Blue Lagoon (1980)
- Friday the 13th (1980)
- Cannibal Holocaust (1980)
- Superman II (1980)
What was the best movie in 1960?
100 Greatest Movies of the 1960s
- Lawrence of Arabia (1962) Rotten Tomatoes® 99%
- Psycho (1960) Rotten Tomatoes® 96%
- Dr. Strangelove Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964)
- 8½ (1963)
- 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) Rotten Tomatoes® 96%
- Once Upon a Time in the West (1968)
- To Kill a Mockingbird (1962)
- Midnight Cowboy (1969)
What TV shows were on in the 60’s?
- The Twilight Zone (1959–1964) TV-PG | 51 min | Fantasy, Horror, Mystery.
- Star Trek (1966–1969) TV-PG | 50 min | Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi.
- Bewitched (1964–1972) TV-G | 25 min | Comedy, Family, Fantasy.
- I Dream of Jeannie (1965–1970) TV-G | 30 min | Comedy, Family, Fantasy.
- The Flintstones (1960–1966)
Who were famous celebrities in the 1960s?
15 Biggest Stars of the 1960s
- John Wayne. Actor | True Grit.
- Doris Day. Soundtrack | Pillow Talk.
- Elizabeth Taylor. Actress | Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
- Cary Grant. Actor | Charade.
- Rock Hudson. Actor | Giant.
- Jack Lemmon. Actor | The Apartment.
- Paul Newman. Actor | The Hustler.
- Julie Andrews. Actress | The Sound of Music.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”