The largest city in the world by population is Tokyo, Japan, with a population of 38,001,000.
Tokyo is followed by Delhi, India (population 25,703,168) and Shanghai, China (population 23,740,778).
Capital cities of the world – with population.
|Population (Metropolitan Area)||38,001,000|
121 more columns
What are the 10 largest cities in the world 2018?
Top 10 Largest Cities in the World of 2018
- Tokyo – 37 million. The Greater Tokyo Area is the most populous metropolitan area in the world and also the largest urban agglomeration economy.
- Delhi – 25 million.
- Shanghai – 23 million.
- Mumbai – 20.7 million.
- Beijing – 19.5 million.
- Dhaka – 17 million.
- Karachi – 16.1 million.
- Istanbul – 14 million.
What are the 10 largest cities in the world?
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
- Shanghai – 24.1 million. Shanghai’s population of 24.1 million makes it the top populous city proper not only in Asia but in the world as well.
- Beijing – 18.5 million.
- Karachi – 18 million.
- Istanbul – 14.6 million.
- Dhaka – 14.5.
- Tokyo – 13.6 million.
- Moscow – 13.1 million.
- Manila – 12.8 million.
What are the 50 largest cities in the world?
So, the top 50 largest built-up urban areas in the world, with a population of 500,000 and over are:
- Tokyo–Yokohama (Japan)
- Jakarta (Indonesia)
- Delhi (India)
- Seoul–Incheon (South Korea)
- Manila (Philippines)
- Mumbai (India)
- Karachi (Pakistan)
- Shanghai (China)
What are the top 10 largest cities in the United States?
The Top 10 Largest U.S. Cities by Population
- New York City, NY. Population: 8,550,405.
- Los Angeles, CA. Population: 3,971,883.
- Chicago, IL. Population: 2,720,546.
- Houston, TX. Population: 2,296,224.
- Philadelphia, PA. Population: 1,567,442.
- Phoenix, AZ. Population: 1,563,025.
- San Antonio, TX. Population: 1,469,845.
- San Diego, CA. Population: 1,394,928.
What’s the biggest city in the world 2018?
These Are The World’s Top-300 Most Populous Cities, 2018
- Shanghai, China. City population: 24,153,000.
- Beijing, China. City population: 18,590,000.
- Karachi, Pakistan (Islamic Republic of) City population: 18,000,000.
- Istanbul, Turkey. City population: 14,657,000.
- Dhaka, Bangladesh. City population: 14,543,000.
- Tokyo, Japan.
- Moscow, Russia.
- Manila, Philippines.
What’s the biggest city in the world 2019?
The 10 Most Populous Cities in the World for 2019
- 8: Mumbai.
- 7: Dhaka.
- 6: Cairo.
- 5: Mexico City.
- 4: Sao Paulo.
- 3: Shanghai.
- 2: Delhi.
- 1: Tokyo. And the winner is: the most populous city in the world is the vibrant Japanese city of Osaka which has a staggering population of 37.4 million.
What are the 12 largest cities in the world?
Capital cities of the world – with population
118 more rows
What is the safest city in the world?
Here are the safest cities around the globe:
- Toronto, Canada.
- Melbourne, Australia.
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Amsterdam, Netherlands (Jeroen Swolfs)
- Sydney, Australia. ()
- Stockholm, Sweden. Overall score: 86.72.
- Hong Kong. (Anthony Wallace/AFP)
- Zurich, Switzerland. Overall score: 85.2.
- Frankfurt, Germany. (REUTERS)
What are the largest cities in Florida?
What’s the smallest city in the world?
The smallest city in the world by area is Vatican City with an area of 44 hectares (108.7 acre). It is a landlocked sovereign city state whose territory consists of a walled enclave within the city of Rome. It is officially called State of the Vatican City.
What is the richest city in the world?
In terms of GDP rankings, here are the 10 wealthiest cities in the world today.
- 37 Comments » GGeronimo says:
- Tokyo, Japan. GDP: $1,520 billion.
- New York, USA. GDP: $1,210 billion.
- Los Angeles, USA. GDP: $789.7 billion.
- Seoul, South Korea. GDP: $779.3 billion.
- London, England. GDP: $731.2 billion.
- Paris, France.
- Osaka, Japan.
What are the 20 largest cities in the world?
- Tokyo-Yokohama, Japan (20/20) (Source: Reuters)
- Jakarta, Indonesia (19/20) (Source: Reuters)
- Delhi, India (18/20) (Source: Shutterstock)
- Manila, Philippines (17/20) (Source: Reuters)
- Seoul-Incheon, South Korea (16/20) (Source: Reuters)
- Shanghai, China (15/20)
- Karachi, Pakistan (14/20)
- Beijing, China (13/20)
What are the top 5 major cities in Canada?
The Largest Cities in Canada
- Montreal – 3,519,595. The second most populated city in Canada is Montreal.
- Vancouver – 2,264,823. Coming in 3rd place, Vancouver has a population of 2,264,823 in its cities and surrounding areas.
- Calgary – 1,237,656.
- Edmonton – 1,062,643.
- Ottawa-Gatineau, Ontario/Quebec – 989,657.
What state has the smallest population 2018?
|49||District of Columbia||703,608|
47 more rows
What is the smallest city in the United States?
What is the most heavily populated city in the world?
Here are the 10 most populated cities in the world, as reported by Time.
- Shanghai, China.
- Mumbai, India.
- São Paulo, Brazil.
- Beijing, China.
- Mexico City, Mexico.
- Osaka, Japan.
- Cairo, Egypt.
- New York-Newark, United States.
What’s the biggest city in the world by area?
Largest Cities in the World By Land Area
- New York City. The City of New York is a vast metropolitan region, occupying a total of 8,683 square kilometers.
- Tokyo. Tokyo was established in May 1889 as a municipality headquarter.
- Chicago. Chicago, in the United States, has a massive land area.
What is the most populated country in the world 2018?
The World: Population (2018) – Top 100+
|3.||United States of America||331,026,400|
96 more rows
Which is the beautiful city in the world?
1. Venice. Among those who’ve seen it in person, the conclusion is unanimous: Venice is the most beautiful city in the world, and the only one that can truly be described as unique.
Who is world biggest city?
The world’s largest cities and urban areas in 2020 Urban areas ranked 1 to 100
84 more rows
Is Mexico City the largest city?
Mexico City is ranked 12th largest in the world. Mexico’s capital has experienced a roller coaster ride in urban area rankings since the middle of the last century. In 1950, Mexico City ranked 17th in the world, according to United Nations estimates. By 2000, Mexico City was second in the world to only Tokyo Yokohama.
What is the most common city name?
Most Common City Names in the US
- Washington. With 88 different cities and towns throughout the country named Washington, this names takes 1st place.
- Springfield. Springfield comes in 2nd place with 41 different cities and towns sharing its name.
- Franklin. Number 3 on the list is Franklin.
What is the least populated city in the world?
The World’s Least Populated Capital Cities
6 more rows
What is the most popular city in the world?
The world’s most-visited cities
- Bangkok 20.05 million.
- London 19.83 million.
- Paris 17.44 million.
- Dubai 15.79 million.
- Singapore 13.91 million.
- New York 13.13 million.
- Kuala Lumpur 12.58 million.
- Tokyo 11.93 million.
What is the most dangerous city in the world 2018?
- Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, had 85.56 homicides per 100,000.
- Ciudad Victoria, Mexico, had 86.01 homicides per 100,000 residents.
- Caracas, Venezuela, had 99.98 homicides per 100,000 residents.
- Acapulco, Mexico, had 110.5 homicides per 100,000 residents.
- Tijuana, Mexico, had 138.26 homicides per 100,000 residents.
What is the world’s most dangerous city?
The following 50 cities have the highest murder rates in the world of all cities not at war, with a population of at least 300,000 people, and all relevant data available online.
List of cities by murder rate.
|Homicides per 100,000||111.33|
49 more columns
What is the cleanest city in the world?
The world’s cleanest cities
- #1: CALGARY. Calgary in Canada is the world’s cleanest city, and with a population of more than a million, that’s quite something.
- #2: ZURICH. Zurich in Switzerland attracts thousands of tourists every year, especially those who enjoy the winter snow.
- #3: LUXEMBOURG.
- #4: ADELAIDE.
- #5: SINGAPORE.
What’s the smallest city in Florida?
One of the smallest towns on this list, St. Marks has a population of less than 300, but it makes up for its size with an abundance of alluring natural attractions. A waterfront village just 20 miles south of Tallahassee, this historic town was one of the important early ports in Florida on the Gulf of Mexico.
What’s the top 10 largest cities in Florida?
The Largest Cities in Florida
- Jacksonville. Jacksonville is Florida’s largest city with a population of about 853,382 people.
- Miami. With a population of 430,332 people, Miami is the second-largest city in Florida.
- Tampa. Tampa is the third largest city in Florida with a population of around 358,699 people.
What city in Florida has the largest black population?
According to a 2011 estimate from the US Census Bureau, the city had a population of 109,680, and it is the largest city in Florida that has a majority African American population. It is a principal city of the Miami metropolitan area, which was home to an estimated 6,012,331 people at the 2015 census.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”