What are the 10 largest nations in Africa?
List of African countries by area
|1||Algeria||2,381,741 km2 (919,595 sq mi)|
|2||Democratic Republic of the Congo||2,344,858 km2 (905,355 sq mi)|
|3||Sudan||1,861,484 km2 (718,723 sq mi)|
|4||Libya||1,759,540 km2 (679,362 sq mi)|
50 more rows
Which country is bigger in Africa?
Which city is the largest in Africa?
Which is the richest country in Africa?
Currently, Equatorial Guinea is the richest country in Africa, with a per capita income of $34,865.
- Mauritius – $21,628.
- Gabon – $19,266.
- Botswana – $18,146.
- Algeria – $15,000.
- South Africa – $13,403.
- Egypt – $12,994.
- Tunisia – $11,987.
- Namibia – $11,528. Namibia can be found in Southern Africa.
What are the top 3 biggest countries?
When all 10 of the world’s largest countries are taken together, they total 49% of the earth’s entire 149 million square kilometres of land.
- 7 – India.
- 6 – Australia.
- 5 – Brazil.
- 4 – People’s Republic of China.
- 3 – United States of America.
- 2 – Canada.
- 1 – Russia.
- 50 Largest Countries in the World By Area. Rank.
What country are the 3 largest cities in Africa?
15 Biggest Cities In Africa
- Lagos, Nigeria – 21 million.
- Cairo, Egypt – 20.4 million. Cairo is Egypt’s largest city and its capital.
- Kinshasa, DR Congo – 13.3 million.
- Luanda, Angola – 6.5 million.
- Nairobi, Kenya – 3.5 million People.
- Mogadishu, Somalia – 2.1 million people.
- Abidjan, Ivory Coast – 4.707 million.
- Alexandria, Egypt – 4.7 million.
Which country is the smallest country in Africa?
The Five Smallest African Nations By Size
- Seychelles. Seychelles is an archipelago of 115 islands in the Indian Ocean and a major tourist destination.
- São Tomé and Príncipe. The second smallest country in Africa, São Tomé and Príncipe, is located in the Gulf of Guinea.
- Cape Verde.
What are the biggest country in the world?
The top ten largest countries, in square kilometers.
5 more rows
Which is the largest lake in Africa?
These are the largest lakes in Africa.
- Lake Kivu.
- Lake Mweru.
- Lake Rukwa.
- Lake Albert.
- Lake Turkana.
- Lake Nyassa.
- Lake Tanganyika.
- Lake Victoria. Lake Victoria is the largest freshwater body in Africa and the second largest in the world, smaller only than Lake Superior, which is one of North America’s Great Lakes.
Which is the richest city in Africa?
GALLERY: The wealthiest cities in Africa
- Accra Total city wealth US$38 billion.
- Johannesburg Total city wealth: US$276 billion.
- Cape Town Total city wealth US$155 billion.
- Cairo Tota city wealth: US$140 billion.
- Lagos Total city wealth: US$108 billion.
- Durban Total city wealth: US$55 billion.
- Nairobi Total city wealth US$54 billion.
What is the most common language in Africa?
It is also worth noting that most of the countries that speak Arabic in Africa are have Islam as the majority religion. Swahili or Kiswahili is the second most popularly spoken language on the Continent. This is a Bantu language that is spoken as the first language among the Swahili people of East Africa.
What is the largest island in Africa?
Which country will be the richest in 2050?
- 2 China – $25.33 trillion. The richest country in the world in 2050 is predicted to be China.
- 3 United States – $22.27 trillion.
- 4 India – $8.17 trillion.
- 5 Japan – $6.43 trillion.
- 6 Germany – $3.71 trillion.
- 7 United Kingdom – $3.58 trillion.
- 8 Brazil – $2.96 trillion.
- 9 Mexico – $2.81 trillion.
Is Tanzania a poor or rich country?
Tanzania has been spared the internal strife that has blighted many African states. Domestic stability has not translated into economic prosperity for Tanzanians, however. Many of its people live below the World Bank poverty line, although the country has had some success in wooing donors and investors.
Which country is the poorest in the world?
RANKED: The 28 poorest countries in the world — where people live on less than $1,000 per year
- Comoros — $869.
- Ethiopia — $909.
- Guinea-Bissau — $910.
- Mali — $917.
- Nepal — $918. Navesh Chitrakar/Reuters.
- Chad — $919. Reuters.
- Benin — $966. REUTERS/Akintunde Akinleye.
- Sudan — GDP per capita: $992. Mosa’ab Elshamy/AP.
Which country is the richest?
Another common characteristic of the wealthiest nations is all of the 25 richest countries have life expectancies at birth above the world average of 72 years.
- Qatar. • GNI per capita: $128,060.
- Singapore. • GNI per capita: $90,570.
- Brunei Darussalam.
- United Arab Emirates.
- Hong Kong SAR.
What country has the most debt?
Venezuela, which is currently undergoing serious economic difficulties, is also in the top five countries with the highest national debt, with a debt to GDP ratio of 161.99%. Several African countries also have high national debts, including Sudan (176.49%), Eritrea (129.43%) and Gambia (111.45%).
What is the safest country in the world?
The top 10 safest countries in the world are as follows:
- New Zealand.
- Czech Republic.
Are there any cities in Africa?
Some of the largest African countries, such as Nigeria and South Africa, have multiple cities with very large populations. In addition to Lagos, Nigeria is home to the cities of Kano and Ibadan, both of which have around 3.5 million residents, making them huge cities in their own right.
Which state is largest in Africa?
Largest Countries in Africa by Area 2019
53 more rows
Which country in Africa has the greatest population density?
List of African countries by population density
|Rank||Country or territory||Density|
56 more rows
What is the deepest lake in Africa?
Which is the highest lake in the world?
The World’s Highest Large Lake. Lake Titicaca, at an elevation of 12,507 feet (3,812 meters) in the Andean Altiplano, is the highest large lake in the world. More than 120 miles long and 50 miles wide, it was the center of the Incan civilization, and today straddles the boundary between Peru and Bolivia.
Is Lake Victoria the largest lake in Africa?
With a surface area of approximately 59,947 square kilometres (23,146 sq mi), Lake Victoria is Africa’s largest lake by area, the world’s largest tropical lake, and the world’s second largest fresh water lake by surface area after Lake Superior in North America. Lake Victoria occupies a shallow depression in Africa.