According to worldatlas.com
View 3+ moreView 3+
Great Salt Lake
Lake of the Woods
What are the 10 largest freshwater lakes in the world?
Top 10 Largest Freshwater Lakes In The World
- 9) Great Slave Lake.
- Lake Malawi.
- 7) Great Bear Lake.
- 6) Lake Baikal.
- 4) Lake Michigan.
- 3) Lake Huron.
- 2) Lake Victoria.
- 1) Lake Superior. The largest freshwater lake in the world, Lake Superior, is also the second largest lake in the world if one takes into account the saline Caspian sea.
What’s the biggest lake in the world?
What is the Largest Lake in the World?
- Lake Baikal – 31,500 Square Kilometers.
- Lake Tanganyika – 32,893 Square Kilometers.
- Lake Michigan – 58,016 Square Kilometers.
- Lake Huron – 59,596 Square Kilometers.
- Lake Victoria – 69,485 Square Kilometers.
- Lake Superior – 82,414 Square Kilometers.
- Caspian Sea – 371,000 Square Kilometers.
What are the top 10 largest lakes in the United States?
Largest Lakes In The US
- Lake Superior. The largest lake in the US and the biggest among the Great Lakes of North America, Lake Superior spans an area of 82,103 km2, roughly the size of Austria or the US state of South Carolina.
- Lake Huron.
- Lake Michigan.
- Lake Erie.
- Lake Ontario.
- Great Salt Lake (salt)
- Lake of the Woods.
- Iliamna Lake.
What are the top 10 deepest lakes in the United States?
Baikal Lake in Russia at 5,387 feet deep is the worlds deepest lake. It is around 2,000 feet deeper than the Caspian Sea which is 3rd.
- Lake Baikal – 5,387 feet.
- Lake Tanganyika – 4,823 feet.
- Caspian Sea – 3,363 feet.
- Lake Vostok – 3,300 feet.
- O’Higgins-San Martin Lake – 2,742.
- Lake Malawi – 2,315.
Photo in the article by “Max Pixel”