Who hits the longest six in the world?
Shahid Afridi holds the record for longest six in International cricket lasting as long as 158 meters against South Africa, 3rd ODI at Johannesburg on March 17, 2013.
There’s nothing quite as spectacular as watching someone hit a six in cricket.
Who has hit the longest six in IPL history?
IPL: 5 of the Longest Sixes in IPL History
- Robin Uthappa. Nicknamed as the walking assassin, Robin Uthappa smashed one of the longest sixes in IPL history when he lashed out a 120m six off a length delivery from CSK’s Dwayne Bravo.
- Adam Gilchrist. It is no wonder that this Aussie wicket keeper/batsman features in this elite list of longest six.
Who hit the first 6 in cricket?
Who hit most sixes in cricket history?
Here, below is list of top 10 Batsmen with most sixes in ODI cricket.
- Shahid Afridi – 351 Sixes.
- CH Gayle – 314 Sixes.
- ST Jayasuriya – 270 Sixes.
- MS Dhoni – 224 Sixes.
- RG Sharma – 218 Sixes.
- AB de Villiers – 204 Sixes.
- BB McCullum – 200 Sixes.
- SR Tendulkar – 195 Sixes.
Who has scored 6 sixes in an over?
The batsmen to have hit six sixes in an over
- Sir Garfield Sobers. Rest of the World’s Gary Sobers (l) batting.
- Ravi Shastri. On January 19, 1985, Ravi Shastri became the second ever cricketer to hit six sixes in an over.
- Herschelle Gibbs. For Herschelle Gibbs, hitting six sixes in an over seemed to be written in the stars.
- Yuvraj Singh.
- Jordan Clark.
Who has hit most sixes in an ODI innings?
Rohit Sharma has hit 16 sixes in his innings of 209(158) against Australia on 2nd November,2013. AB de Villiers hit 16 sixes against West Indies in his innings of 149(44) on January 18,2015 and Chris Gayle hit 16 sixes to Zimbabwe scoring 215(147) in 2015 World Cup.
Who has hit the longest six in cricket history?
As shahid Afridi hit longest and huge six in the cricket history, ball touch the roof over the Melbourne cricket ground and umpire Holder give 12 runs on one ball by making cross signal through his hands. Shahid Afridi also hit Biggest six of 158 meter against South africa, which is also a World record in cricket.
Who has hit the longest six in cricket?
Shahid Afridi holds the record for longest six in International cricket lasting as long as 158 meters against South Africa, 3rd ODI at Johannesburg on March 17, 2013. There’s nothing quite as spectacular as watching someone hit a six in cricket.
Who has hit the longest six in IPL 2018?
Longest six in ipl 2018 Cricket History. Top 10 biggest six Biggest sixes Cricket IPL 2018: RCB hitman AB de Villiers smashes longest six of the season in 23-ball half-century. Royal Challenger Bangalore batsman AB de Villiers smashed 90 runs off 39 balls, helping his team to 6 wicket victory over Delhi Daredevils.
Who was the first player to hit 6 sixes in an over?
Sir Garfield Sobers
Who is the first batsman to hit 6 sixes in a over?
Sir Gary Sobers
Why are there 6 balls in an over?
Historical number of balls per over in Test cricket. Since 1979/80, all Test cricket has been played with six balls per over. From the 1980 code onwards, law 17.1 was amended to read, “The ball shall be bowled from each end alternately in overs of 6 balls”.
Who scored fastest 100 in cricket?
Five fastest ODI centuries
- AB de Villiers (RSA) – 31 balls v West Indies, 2015.
- Corey Anderson (NZ) – 36 balls v West Indies, 2014.
- Shahid Afridi (PAK) – 37 balls v Sri Lanka, 1996.
- Mark Boucher (RSA) – 44 balls v Zimbabwe, 2006.
- Brian Lara (WI) – 45 balls v Bangladesh, 1999.
Who hit the most sixes in t20?
Sixers play a major role in making big scores in this format and here we will look at the top 5 batsmen with most sixes in T20Is.
- #1 Chris Gayle ( West Indies) Chris Gayle is the biggest name in T20 cricket.
- #2 Martin Guptill (New Zealand)
- #3 Brendon McCullum (New Zealand)
- #4 Rohit Sharma (India)
Which player has highest six in IPL?
Countdown to IPL 2019: Players with most sixes in IPL history
- ‘Six machine’ Chris Gayle sits at the top of the list with 292 sixes.
- MS Dhoni and AB de Villiers share the second spot 186 sixes.
- Virat Kohli (RCB) is at the fifth spot with 178 sixes in 163 matches.
How many times has Sachin got out on 99?
India’s most renowned cricketer Sachin Tendulkar has scored in 90s 17 times in ODIs and 10 times in Test cricket and holds the record for highest number of dismissals in the 90s (a total of 27 times) across all forms of international cricket.
Who is the highest score in cricket one day?
The highest individual knocks in One-day internationals. Rohit Sharma made history on Thursday with a scintillating 264, the highest individual ODI score, as India amassed 404 for five in the fourth one-dayer against Sri Lanka at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata.
How long does a 50 over match last?
A typical one-day match is scheduled as follows: The first 50-over innings – scheduled for 3.5 hours of play. A 45-minute meal break. The second 50-over innings – another 3.5 hours.
Who has hit the fastest century in t20 cricket?
Rohit Sharma of India equalled the record of the fastest century in T20 international cricket against Sri Lanka on 22 December 2017. Rohit Sharma got his century in 35 balls then equalling the record. On 22nd April 2019 George Munsay of Scotland created a new milestone in the history of cricket.
Who has hit the most sixes in Test cricket?
Top 5 Batsman with most sixes in Test cricket
- #5. Virender Sehwag, India.
- 91 sixes.
- #4. Jacques Kallis, South Africa.
- #3. Chris Gayle, West Indies.
- #2. Adam Gilchrist, Australia.
- #1. Brendon McCullum, New Zealand.
Who hit more sixes in ODI career?
ODI – Batting Records – Most Sixes in Caree
|Player||Total Sixes||Career Runs|
46 more rows
Which player has highest 6 in IPL 2019?
IPL 2019 Most Sixes
|2||AB de Villiers||154|
6 more rows
Which team has hit most sixes in IPL 2019?
Most Sixes in IPL 2019
|4||AB de Villiers||154.00|
29 more rows
How many sixes are there in IPL 2018?
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”