How big is a Venus fly trap?
Assuming that you grow your plant well, and assuming that you continue to grow it well for a few years, it will reach a maximum size of about 13 cm (5 inches) in diameter.
Mind you, that is the size of the entire plant!
A single leaf trap may be a tad larger than 3 cm (1 inch) in length.
What is the largest meat eating plant?
How do you make a Venus fly trap bigger?
How to Care for a Venus Flytrap
- Grow them in a plastic pot with good drainage.
- Use a 1:1 mixture of peat moss, and horticultural sand or gravel.
- Water them with distilled water or rainwater, not tap water.
- Give them 12 hours of direct sunlight.
- Feed them small insects if they appear unhealthy.
How many times can a Venus flytrap close?
Every Venus flytrap has delicate hairs on the inside of its flat leaves. These hairs have to be disturbed twice in 20 seconds in order for the plant to close. The trap closes only when an insect or spider crawling along the leaves comes into contact with one or more of the hairs twice in succession.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”