According to worldatlas.com
View 3+ moreView 3+
What are the 10 largest cities in the world 2018?
Top 10 Largest Cities in the World of 2018
- Tokyo – 37 million. The Greater Tokyo Area is the most populous metropolitan area in the world and also the largest urban agglomeration economy.
- Delhi – 25 million.
- Shanghai – 23 million.
- Mumbai – 20.7 million.
- Beijing – 19.5 million.
- Dhaka – 17 million.
- Karachi – 16.1 million.
- Istanbul – 14 million.
What are the 12 largest cities in the world?
Capital cities of the world – with population
118 more rows
What are the world’s most populous cities?
What Are The Top 10 The Most Populous Cities In The World?
- 2015 Population: 37.26 million.
- Delhi. Country: India. 2015 Population: 25.87 million.
- Shanghai. Country: China. 2015 Population: 23.48 million.
- Mexico City. Country: Mexico. 2015 Population: 21.34 million.
- São Paulo. Country: Brazil.
- Mumbai. Country: India.
- Kinki major metropolitan area (Osaka and Kyoto) Country: Japan.
What are the largest cities in the world by area?
Largest Cities in the World By Land Area
- New York City. The City of New York is a vast metropolitan region, occupying a total of 8,683 square kilometers.
- Tokyo. Tokyo was established in May 1889 as a municipality headquarter.
- Chicago. Chicago, in the United States, has a massive land area.
What’s the biggest city in the world 2018?
These Are The World’s Top-300 Most Populous Cities, 2018
- Shanghai, China. City population: 24,153,000.
- Beijing, China. City population: 18,590,000.
- Karachi, Pakistan (Islamic Republic of) City population: 18,000,000.
- Istanbul, Turkey. City population: 14,657,000.
- Dhaka, Bangladesh. City population: 14,543,000.
- Tokyo, Japan.
- Moscow, Russia.
- Manila, Philippines.
What is the Top 10 biggest cities in the world?
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
- Shanghai – 24.1 million. Shanghai’s population of 24.1 million makes it the top populous city proper not only in Asia but in the world as well.
- Beijing – 18.5 million.
- Karachi – 18 million.
- Istanbul – 14.6 million.
- Dhaka – 14.5.
- Tokyo – 13.6 million.
- Moscow – 13.1 million.
- Manila – 12.8 million.
What is the most common city name?
Most Common City Names in the US
- Washington. With 88 different cities and towns throughout the country named Washington, this names takes 1st place.
- Springfield. Springfield comes in 2nd place with 41 different cities and towns sharing its name.
- Franklin. Number 3 on the list is Franklin.
What are the 10 largest metro areas in United States?
The Top 10 Largest U.S. Cities by Population
- Omaha, NE – 443,885.
- Miami, FL – 441,003.
- Oakland, CA – 419,267.
- Minneapolis, MN – 410,939.
- Tulsa, OK – 403,505.
- Wichita, KS – 389,965.
- New Orleans, LA – 389,617.
- Arlington, TX– 388,125.
What is the richest city in the world?
In terms of GDP rankings, here are the 10 wealthiest cities in the world today.
- 37 Comments » GGeronimo says:
- Tokyo, Japan. GDP: $1,520 billion.
- New York, USA. GDP: $1,210 billion.
- Los Angeles, USA. GDP: $789.7 billion.
- Seoul, South Korea. GDP: $779.3 billion.
- London, England. GDP: $731.2 billion.
- Paris, France.
- Osaka, Japan.
What’s the smallest city in the world?
The smallest city in the world by area is Vatican City with an area of 44 hectares (108.7 acre). It is a landlocked sovereign city state whose territory consists of a walled enclave within the city of Rome. It is officially called State of the Vatican City.
What is the least populated city in the world?
The World’s Least Populated Capital Cities
6 more rows
What is the most visited city in the world?
The World’s 10 Most-Visited Cities (And What It Costs to Spend a Day There)
- Bangkok: 20 million visitors a year ($173 per day)
- London: 19.8 million visitors a year ($153 per day)
- Paris: 17.4 million visitors a year ($301 per day)
- Dubai: 15.8 million visitors a year ($537 per day)
What is the only major city located on two continents?
What is the biggest city in the US by land area?
Jacksonville also has the distinction of being the largest city by land area in the lower 48 states. We all know Alaska is big, but it may not be as well known that it is home to the four largest cities in the United States. The smallest of the top 4 is Anchorage with “only” 1,704.7 square miles to its name.
Which is the world biggest island?
The best of both worlds can be found on some of the biggest islands in the world.
- Greenland. Area: 2,130,800 sq km (822,700 sq miles)
- New Guinea. Area: 785,753 sq km (303,381 sq miles)
- Borneo. Area: 743,330 sq km (288,869 sq miles)
- Baffin Island.
- Victoria Island.
What is the most heavily populated city in the world?
Here are the 10 most populated cities in the world, as reported by Time.
- Shanghai, China.
- Mumbai, India.
- São Paulo, Brazil.
- Beijing, China.
- Mexico City, Mexico.
- Osaka, Japan.
- Cairo, Egypt.
- New York-Newark, United States.
What is the most populated country in the world 2018?
The World: Population (2018) – Top 100+
|3.||United States of America||331,026,400|
96 more rows
What’s the biggest city in the world 2019?
The 10 Most Populous Cities in the World for 2019
- 8: Mumbai.
- 7: Dhaka.
- 6: Cairo.
- 5: Mexico City.
- 4: Sao Paulo.
- 3: Shanghai.
- 2: Delhi.
- 1: Tokyo. And the winner is: the most populous city in the world is the vibrant Japanese city of Osaka which has a staggering population of 37.4 million.
What is the safest city in the world?
Here are the safest cities around the globe:
- Toronto, Canada.
- Melbourne, Australia.
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Amsterdam, Netherlands (Jeroen Swolfs)
- Sydney, Australia. ()
- Stockholm, Sweden. Overall score: 86.72.
- Hong Kong. (Anthony Wallace/AFP)
- Zurich, Switzerland. Overall score: 85.2.
- Frankfurt, Germany. (REUTERS)
Which is bigger London or Paris?
So, yes, Paris is small – smaller than inner London, and not much bigger than its old rival’s central business district. That looks much more like it – suddenly, London is all but invisible. Greater Paris will actually be bigger than Greater London, once the deed is done.
What are the top 10 biggest states?
10 Largest States In The United States
- Alaska – 1,723,337 km2 (665,384 mi2) – Alaska is by far the largest state in the USA.
- Texas – 695,662 km2 (268,596 mi2) – The Lone Star State is the second largest state, but it’s less than half the size of Alaska.
- California – 423,967 km2 (163,694 mi2) – The Golden State is the third largest state in the United States.
Which city has the most billionaires?
In 2015, Forbes Magazine listed New York City with the most billionaires at 78 persons, followed by Moscow with 68 billionaires, and Hong Kong in third place with 65 billionaires. The report also states that the US has the most billionaires per capita of any country.
What is the most powerful city in the world?
Top Ten Most Powerful Cities In the World
- 1 London London is the capital and most populous city of England and the United Kingdom.
- 2 New York.
- 3 Tokyo Tokyo, officially Tokyo Metropolis, one of the 47 prefectures of Japan, has served as the Japanese capital since 1869.
- 4 New Delhi New Delhi is the capital and seat of government of India.
What is the wealthiest city in the United States?
Raleigh is by far the wealthiest metro area in North Carolina and the 25th wealthiest in the United States.
25. Raleigh, N.C.
- Median household income: $71,685.
- Households earning $200,000 or more: 8.0%
- Adults with at least a bachelor’s degree: 47.2%
- March unemployment rate: 3.8%
What is the smallest city in the USA?
What’s the smallest town in the world?
What are the 10 least populated states?
Least Densely Populated States
- Alaska. Alaska is by far the least densely populated of the US states and has 1.3 persons per square mile.
- Wyoming. The second least densely populated state is Wyoming with six people per square mile.
- North Dakota.
- South Dakota.
- New Mexico.
What are the top 5 tourist destinations?
5 Best Tourist Destinations in the World
- Cape Town, South Africa.
- Sydney Australia.
- Machu Picchu, Peru.
- Paris, France.
- Rio De Janeiro, Brazil.
What is the #1 tourist destination in the world?
Most visited destinations by international tourist arrivals
|Rank||Destination||International tourist arrivals (2017)|
|3||United States||76.9 million|
6 more rows
What is the most visited place in the world 2018?
- Singapore — 14.47 million international visitors.
- Dubai, UAE — 16.66 million international visitors.
- Paris, France — 17.95 million international visitors.
- London, UK — 20.42 million international visitors.
- Bangkok, Thailand — 21.98 million international visitors.
Photo in the article by “President of Russia”