Here are some examples of the longest words by category.
- METHIONYLTHREONYLTHREONYGLUTAMINYLARGINYL …
- LOPADOTEMACHOSELACHOGALEOKRANIOLEIPSAN …P TERYGON.
- PARASTRATIOSPHECOMYIA STRATIOSPHECOMYIOIDES.
- 1 What are the 10 longest words in the English language?
- 2 What are the 5 longest words in the English language?
- 3 What are the top 10 longest words?
- 4 What is the biggest word in history?
- 5 What’s the shortest word in the world?
- 6 What is the shortest sentence using all 26 letters?
- 7 What is the most misspelled word in the world?
- 8 Is Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious a real word?
- 9 What is the longest piece of English literature?
- 10 Is there a word with all 26 letters?
- 11 What is the longest English word that doesn’t repeat a letter?
- 12 What is the hardest word to pronounce?
- 13 What is the hardest language to learn?
- 14 What’s the longest last name?
- 15 What word takes 3 hours to say?
- 16 What is the shortest movie ever made?
- 17 Which English word has all 5 vowels?
- 18 What is the shortest sentence in the world?
- 19 What is the 27th letter of the alphabet?
- 20 What sentence uses every letter in the alphabet?
- 21 Why are there 26 letters in the alphabet?
- 22 How long is the longest piece of literature?
- 23 What is the longest book ever written?
- 24 How many words are in Harry Potter?
- 25 What is the most difficult word in the world?
- 26 What is the weirdest word in the world?
- 27 What is the hardest word in English?
What are the 10 longest words in the English language?
Take a look at these 10 longest words in the English language that are enlisted in the dictionary.
- Pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism (30 letters)
- Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (34 letters)
- Hepaticocholangiocholecystenterostomies (39 letters)
- Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis (45 letters)
What are the 5 longest words in the English language?
The longest words in Oxford Dictionaries are:
- antidisestablishmentarianism – opposition to the disestablishment of the Church of England – 28 letters.
- floccinaucinihilipilification – the estimation of something as worthless – 29 letters.
- pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis – a supposed lung disease – 45 letters.
What are the top 10 longest words?
Here are the top 10 longest words in the English Language.
What is the biggest word in history?
The longest word in any of the major English language dictionaries is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis, a word that refers to a lung disease contracted from the inhalation of very fine silica particles, specifically from a volcano; medically, it is the same as silicosis.
What’s the shortest word in the world?
Eunoia, at six letters long, is the shortest word in the English language that contains all five main vowels. Seven letter words with this property include adoulie, douleia, eucosia, eulogia, eunomia, eutopia, miaoued, moineau, sequoia, and suoidea. (The scientific name iouea is a genus of Cretaceous fossil sponges.)
What is the shortest sentence using all 26 letters?
The quick brown fox jumps over lazy dog. One of the shortest sentences that contain all the 26 letters is: Blowzy night-frumps vex’d Jack Q.
What is the most misspelled word in the world?
Here are the top 10 most misspelled words in the English language, according to the Oxford Dictionary:
- Publically. Whether you use it privately or publicly, this is one you want to make sure is correct.
Is Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious a real word?
“Obnoxious” is an ugly word so we said “atrocious,” that’s very British. The word supercalifragilisticexpialidocious in Mary Poppins is said to be simply a word used as “something to say when you have nothing to say,” but the mouthful of nonsensical syllables certainly has brought cheer to audiences for decades.
What is the longest piece of English literature?
Thus begins the longest work of fiction ever written. Nope, it’s not Proust’s À la recherche du temps perdu (In Search of Lost Time). It’s The Subspace Emissary’s Worlds Conquest, and it’s a Super Smash Bros. WIP (work-in-progress) on fanfiction.net. As of July, the fic is 3,548,615 words long.
Is there a word with all 26 letters?
I doubt there is a single word in the English language that includes all 26 letters, but the following sentence does: The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. An individual character from an alphabet is a “letter”.
What is the longest English word that doesn’t repeat a letter?
What is the longest English word which doesn’t repeat a letter? There are two 15-letter words that meet this criterion: uncopyrightable, referring to something for which it is not possible to secure copyright, and dermatoglyphics, meaning ‘the study of skin markings’.
What is the hardest word to pronounce?
The 10 hardest English words to pronounce, according to Reddit
- Anemone. Pronunciation: Uh-nem-uh-nee.
- Isthmus. Pronunciation: Is-muss.
- Sixth. Pronunciation: Siks.
- Penguin. Pronunciation: Pen-gwen.
- Colonel. Pronunciation: Ker-nal.
- Otorhinolaryngologist. Pronunciation: Oto-rhino-laryng-ologist.
- Rural. Pronunciation: Rurr-rol (the “rurr” syllable rhymes with “purr”)
What is the hardest language to learn?
The Hardest Languages For English Speakers
- Mandarin Chinese. Interestingly, the hardest language to learn is also the most widely spoken native language in the world.
What’s the longest last name?
The longest name used by anyone is Adolph Blaine Charles David Earl Frederick Gerald Hubert Irvin John Kenneth Lloyd Martin Nero Oliver Paul Quincy Randolph Sherman Thomas Uncas Victor William Xerxes Yancy Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorff, Senior, who was born at Bergedorf, near Hamburg, Germany, on 29 Feb. 1904.
What word takes 3 hours to say?
The longest word in English has 189,819 letters and would take you three and a half hours to pronounce correctly. Seriously. It’s the chemical name of Titin (or connectin), a giant protein “that functions as a molecular spring which is responsible for the passive elasticity of muscle.”
What is the shortest movie ever made?
Fresh Guacamole is a 2012 American animated short film written and directed by PES, (Adam Pesapane). The film was nominated for the Best Animated Short Film award of the 85th Academy Awards, losing to Paperman. At one minute 40 seconds, it is the shortest film ever nominated for an Oscar.
Which English word has all 5 vowels?
The word Iouea, a genus of sea sponges, contains all five regular vowels and no other letters.  There are many words that feature all five regular vowels occurring only once in alphabetical order, the most common being abstemious and facetious.
What is the shortest sentence in the world?
In short, “Go” is the shortest sentence in the English language that also has the longest implied meaning.
What is the 27th letter of the alphabet?
There are 26 letters to the English alphabet, with two of the letters — “A” and “I” — themselves also constituting words. But as seen above, another character — the ampersand (&) — also, at times, was included among the current 26. And amazingly, the word “ampersand” is probably a byproduct of the symbol’s inclusion.
What sentence uses every letter in the alphabet?
A pangram, or holoalphabetic sentence, is a sentence that contains every letter of the alphabet at least once. The most famous pangram is probably the thirty-five-letter-long “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog,” which has been used to test typing equipment since at least the late 1800s.
Why are there 26 letters in the alphabet?
The alphabet was made up of 22 letters, all of the consonants. When the Roman Empire was ruling parts of the world, they introduced the Roman alphabet derived from the Latin version, although the letters J, U/V and W were still omitted.
How long is the longest piece of literature?
The Subspace Emissary’s Worlds Conquest is a fanfic loosely based on Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and it’s over 3,500,000 words long. That’s longer than In Search of Lost Time, a seven-volume and 1,267,069 word long novel that’s considered by some to be the longest ever published.
What is the longest book ever written?
It is supposedly the world’s longest published novel in English at 2.5 million words. If you have some extra time, you can read it at marienbadmylove.com. 4. A la recherche du temps perdu by Marcel Proust.
How many words are in Harry Potter?
Only one book (Order of the Phoenix) topped 200,000 words, but there were two books that came close with more than 190,000 words (Goblet of Fire and Deathly Hallows). When added all together, the Harry Potter books contain 1,084,170 words.
What is the most difficult word in the world?
Before we get too deep into the search for the world’s most difficult word to pronounce, we’ll have to start with a bit of soul-searching around that question.
The Most Difficult English Word To Pronounce
What is the weirdest word in the world?
Have a look at these weird English words and try them out as you speak with people:
- Poppycock (ˈpɒpɪkɒk)
- Discombobulate (ˌdɪskəmˈbɒbjʊleɪt)
- Flummox (ˈflʌməks)
- Curmudgeon (kəːˈmʌdʒ(ə)n)
- Lackadaisical (ˌlakəˈdeɪzɪk(ə)l)
- Woebegone (ˈwəʊbɪɡɒn)
- Lollygag (ˈlɒlɪɡaɡ)
- Frankenfood (ˈfraŋk(ə)nfuːd)
What is the hardest word in English?
The 15 Hardest Words to Pronounce in the English Language
Photo in the article by “CMSWire”