Here are the 11 metro areas that might wind up competing against each other for major-league sports franchises.
- Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA. Metro area population: 4,380,878.
- Las Vegas, NV.
- Austin, TX.
- Virginia Beach-Norfolk-Newport News, VA.
- Providence, RI.
- Louisville, KY.
- Richmond, VA.
- Hartford, CT.
What is the largest city without a professional sports team?
What is the smallest city with a professional sports team?
Green Bay, Wis., has a population just over 100,000, making it the smallest city (and metropolitan area) with a major professional sports team.
What cities have all 5 major sports?
These eight additional cities have all four major sports within the metropolitan area:
- Phoenix (NFL and NHL in suburban Glendale)
- Miami (NFL in suburban Miami Gardens, NHL in suburban Sunrise)
- Boston (NFL in suburban Foxborough)
- Minneapolis (NHL in St.
- New York City (NFL in New Jersey)
Which state has the most professional teams?
States by Number of Professional Sports Teams
- California (16) MLB: Los Angeles Angels, Los Angeles Dodgers, Oakland Athletics, San Diego Padres, San Francisco Giants.
- Florida (9) MLB: Miami Marlins, Tampa Bay Rays.
- New York (8)* MLB: New York Mets, New York Yankees.
- Texas (8)
- Pennsylvania (7)
- Ohio (6)
- Illinois (5)
Photo in the article by “CMSWire”