The 10 Most Populous Cities in the World for 2019
- 8: Mumbai.
- 7: Dhaka.
- 6: Cairo.
- 5: Mexico City.
- 4: Sao Paulo.
- 3: Shanghai.
- 2: Delhi.
- 1: Tokyo. And the winner is: the most populous city in the world is the vibrant Japanese city of Osaka which has a staggering population of 37.4 million.
What are the 10 largest cities in the world 2018?
Top 10 Largest Cities in the World of 2018
- Tokyo – 37 million. The Greater Tokyo Area is the most populous metropolitan area in the world and also the largest urban agglomeration economy.
- Delhi – 25 million.
- Shanghai – 23 million.
- Mumbai – 20.7 million.
- Beijing – 19.5 million.
- Dhaka – 17 million.
- Karachi – 16.1 million.
- Istanbul – 14 million.
What are the 10 largest cities in the world?
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
- Shanghai – 24.1 million. Shanghai’s population of 24.1 million makes it the top populous city proper not only in Asia but in the world as well.
- Beijing – 18.5 million.
- Karachi – 18 million.
- Istanbul – 14.6 million.
- Dhaka – 14.5.
- Tokyo – 13.6 million.
- Moscow – 13.1 million.
- Manila – 12.8 million.
What are the 50 largest cities in the world?
So, the top 50 largest built-up urban areas in the world, with a population of 500,000 and over are:
- Tokyo–Yokohama (Japan)
- Jakarta (Indonesia)
- Delhi (India)
- Seoul–Incheon (South Korea)
- Manila (Philippines)
- Mumbai (India)
- Karachi (Pakistan)
- Shanghai (China)
What is the population of Tokyo in 2018?
The 23 wards claim a population of 9.2 million, but the metropolis has a population that exceeds 13 million. The greater Tokyo metropolitan area, which is spread over 3 prefectures, is much larger and has a population that is estimated to be over 36 million.
What’s the biggest city in the world 2018?
These Are The World’s Top-300 Most Populous Cities, 2018
- Shanghai, China. City population: 24,153,000.
- Beijing, China. City population: 18,590,000.
- Karachi, Pakistan (Islamic Republic of) City population: 18,000,000.
- Istanbul, Turkey. City population: 14,657,000.
- Dhaka, Bangladesh. City population: 14,543,000.
- Tokyo, Japan.
- Moscow, Russia.
- Manila, Philippines.
What is the safest city in the world?
Here are the safest cities around the globe:
- Toronto, Canada.
- Melbourne, Australia.
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Amsterdam, Netherlands (Jeroen Swolfs)
- Sydney, Australia. ()
- Stockholm, Sweden. Overall score: 86.72.
- Hong Kong. (Anthony Wallace/AFP)
- Zurich, Switzerland. Overall score: 85.2.
- Frankfurt, Germany. (REUTERS)
What is the richest city in the world?
In terms of GDP rankings, here are the 10 wealthiest cities in the world today.
- 37 Comments » GGeronimo says:
- Tokyo, Japan. GDP: $1,520 billion.
- New York, USA. GDP: $1,210 billion.
- Los Angeles, USA. GDP: $789.7 billion.
- Seoul, South Korea. GDP: $779.3 billion.
- London, England. GDP: $731.2 billion.
- Paris, France.
- Osaka, Japan.
What’s the smallest city in the world?
The smallest city in the world by area is Vatican City with an area of 44 hectares (108.7 acre). It is a landlocked sovereign city state whose territory consists of a walled enclave within the city of Rome. It is officially called State of the Vatican City.
What are the 12 largest cities in the world?
Capital cities of the world – with population
118 more rows
What are the 10 largest metro areas in United States?
The Top 10 Largest U.S. Cities by Population
- Omaha, NE – 443,885.
- Miami, FL – 441,003.
- Oakland, CA – 419,267.
- Minneapolis, MN – 410,939.
- Tulsa, OK – 403,505.
- Wichita, KS – 389,965.
- New Orleans, LA – 389,617.
- Arlington, TX– 388,125.
What is the biggest city in the world by size?
Largest Cities in the World By Land Area
- New York City. The City of New York is a vast metropolitan region, occupying a total of 8,683 square kilometers.
- Tokyo. Tokyo was established in May 1889 as a municipality headquarter.
- Chicago. Chicago, in the United States, has a massive land area.
Is London bigger than New York?
As of 2013, London and NYC had comparable populations. London’s stood at 8.3 million, while NYC stood at 8.4 million. London, however, has much more room for its inhabitants — it’s 138 square miles bigger than NYC. So it’s pretty safe to say that New York is way more crowded than London.
What is the population of Tokyo today?
9.273 million (2015)
Is Tokyo bigger than New York City?
Tokyo is the most populated metropolitan area in the world, so it’s appropriate that it’s much larger than NYC in terms of land area. Still, it’s noteworthy that Tokyo is SO large that its population density is 15,604 people per square mile, as compared to New York’s 27,578 people per square mile.
Why is Japan so heavily populated?
The reasons why Japan is densely populated are: 1. It is an island nation which means that there is not a lot of territories for the Japanese to spread out and inhabit. Japan is three times more densely populated than Europe as a whole and 12 times more densely populated than the U.S.
What is the most heavily populated city in the world?
Here are the 10 most populated cities in the world, as reported by Time.
- Shanghai, China.
- Mumbai, India.
- São Paulo, Brazil.
- Beijing, China.
- Mexico City, Mexico.
- Osaka, Japan.
- Cairo, Egypt.
- New York-Newark, United States.
What is the most populated country in the world 2019?
The World: Population (2019) – Top 100+
|3.||United States of America||333,928,672|
96 more rows
What is the least populated city in the world?
The World’s Least Populated Capital Cities
6 more rows
What is the world’s most dangerous city?
The following 50 cities have the highest murder rates in the world of all cities not at war, with a population of at least 300,000 people, and all relevant data available online.
List of cities by murder rate.
|Homicides per 100,000||111.33|
49 more columns
What is the most dangerous city in the world 2018?
- Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, had 85.56 homicides per 100,000.
- Ciudad Victoria, Mexico, had 86.01 homicides per 100,000 residents.
- Caracas, Venezuela, had 99.98 homicides per 100,000 residents.
- Acapulco, Mexico, had 110.5 homicides per 100,000 residents.
- Tijuana, Mexico, had 138.26 homicides per 100,000 residents.
What is the cleanest city in the world?
The world’s cleanest cities
- #1: CALGARY. Calgary in Canada is the world’s cleanest city, and with a population of more than a million, that’s quite something.
- #2: ZURICH. Zurich in Switzerland attracts thousands of tourists every year, especially those who enjoy the winter snow.
- #3: LUXEMBOURG.
- #4: ADELAIDE.
- #5: SINGAPORE.
Was Mexico City the largest city in the world?
Mexico City is ranked 12th largest in the world. Mexico’s capital has experienced a roller coaster ride in urban area rankings since the middle of the last century. In 1950, Mexico City ranked 17th in the world, according to United Nations estimates. By 2000, Mexico City was second in the world to only Tokyo Yokohama.
What is the most common city name?
Most Common City Names in the US
- Washington. With 88 different cities and towns throughout the country named Washington, this names takes 1st place.
- Springfield. Springfield comes in 2nd place with 41 different cities and towns sharing its name.
- Franklin. Number 3 on the list is Franklin.
What are the 20 largest cities in the world?
- Tokyo-Yokohama, Japan (20/20) (Source: Reuters)
- Jakarta, Indonesia (19/20) (Source: Reuters)
- Delhi, India (18/20) (Source: Shutterstock)
- Manila, Philippines (17/20) (Source: Reuters)
- Seoul-Incheon, South Korea (16/20) (Source: Reuters)
- Shanghai, China (15/20)
- Karachi, Pakistan (14/20)
- Beijing, China (13/20)