Hawaii’s Top 5 Commercial Airports
- Honolulu International Airport – Honolulu (airport code: HNL)
- Kahului Airport – Kahului (airport code: OOG)
- Kona International Airport at Keahole – Kailua/Kona (airport code: KOA)
- Lihue Airport – Lihue (airport code: LIH)
- Hilo International Airport – Hilo (airport code: ITO)
What is the biggest airport in Hawaii?
Kona International Airport
What airport in Hawaii is the cheapest to fly into?
Be Flexible with Airports. Oahu (Honolulu) and Maui (Kahului) tend to be the two cheapest Hawaiian airports to fly into from the continental United States, but this may not be the case for your particular route.
Which airport is closest to Hawaii?
There is also the option of flying into Honolulu International Airport (HNL) on Oahu first and then taking a short, 35-40 minute flight to the island of Hawaii. Getting to the island of Hawaii is easier than ever with daily direct flights into Kona International Airport.
What airport do you fly into for Waikoloa Hawaii?
Kona International Airport
What is the best Hawaiian island?
The 5 Best Islands in Hawaii
- Maui. There’s no sunset like a Maui beach sunset. Photo: Matt Anderson/Getty Images.
- Kauai. Kauai’s stunning Waimea Canyon. Photo: MartinM303/Getty Images.
- Oahu. The view of Honolulu from Diamond Head.
- Hawaii Island. Hapuna Beach on Hawaii Island.
- Molokai. Molokai’s ruggedly handsome Halawa Valley.
Can you still fly into Hawaii?
It’s by far Hawaii’s largest airport and hub. Most transpacific flights fly into Oahu. As you research flights from your home airport, you’ll likely discover that almost all your options require you to fly into Oahu first. From Oahu’s HNL, you can easily connect to any other island in Hawaii.
What is the cheapest time of year to visit Hawaii?
Here are the best times to visit Hawaii for low prices and great weather in 2018
- Flights to Hawaii can be up to $175 cheaper in January or February than during the typical high season.
- Hotel rooms in Hawaii are typically the cheapest from September through mid-December.
What is the best airline to fly to Hawaii?
The 6 Best Airlines That Fly to Hawaii
- Hawaiian Airlines. Fittingly, Hawaiian Airlines offers some of the best flights to Hawaii, providing daily service to Hawaii from more North American cities than any other airline.
- Alaska Airlines.
- American Airlines.
- United Airlines.
What is the best time of year to go to Hawaii?
The Best Time to Visit Oahu. The best months to visit Oahu are April (the first 3 weeks), May, September, and October for great weather, fewer crowds, and fair rates. Oahu’s temperatures range from 26°C to 31°C all year long, with hot summers (June through October) and pleasant winters (mid-December through late March)
Which is the best Hawaiian island to visit for the first time?
The best island to visit in Hawaii for first timers who want a top-end resort with amenities to match might be Maui or the Big Island. If this sounds like you, check out one of the Four Seasons properties on Maui, Lanai, or the Big Island. Hotels don’t come much more chic than these resorts.
What cities have direct flights to Hawaii?
Direct Flights to the Big Island into Kona (KOA)
- Alaska Airlines. Alaska flies non-stop to Kailua-Kona from Seattle (SEA), Portland (PDX), Oakland (OAK), San Jose (SJC), San Diego (SAN) and Los Angeles (LAX).
- American Airlines.
- Delta Air Lines.
- Hawaiian Airlines.
- United Airlines.
- Virgin America.
- Air Canada.
Can you drive to Hawaii?
The correct answer is no, it is not possible to drive to Hawaii. However, you can have your car transported there by freight (ship) and drive around the island you have it shipped to. Visiting more than one island with your car would incur additional charges. It had Hawaii plates on it.
What island is Waikoloa Hawaii on?
Feel the spirit of Aloha at Hilton Waikoloa Village, a spectacular oceanfront playground, set on the sunny Kohala Coast of Hawaii, the Big Island.
What airport is KOA?
Ellison Onizuka Kona International Airport at Keāhole
Which is the cheapest island to visit in Hawaii?
“That’s hard to answer,” according to Doughty. “Oahu has cheaper gas but room prices are pretty high. Kauai and Big Island [Hawaii Island] have some very cheap – by Hawaii standards – rooms but they’re mostly off the beaten path. And while Maui tends to be the most expensive, it’s also very cool.”
What is the best Hawaiian island to visit with family?
Choosing the Hawaiian Island That’s Right For Your Family
- Oahu. Best for: Families who want the “classic” Hawaii experience.
- Maui. Best for: Families who want to get off the beaten path to find adventure.
- Kauai. Best for: Families who know there is more to the Great Outdoors than the beach.
- Big Island.
What is the prettiest island in Hawaii?
The Hawaiian Islands
- Oahu – The Gathering Place. Oahu is the most visited of all the Hawaiian islands, at nearly 4.7 million visitors annually.
- Maui – The Valley Isle. Maui is the second most visited island with around 2.4 million visitors each year.
- Kauai – The Garden Island.
- Hawaii – The Big Island.
What is the big island of Hawaii called?
The Big Island of Hawaii is the third most popular Hawaiian island among visitors, hosting over 1.5 to 1.7 million travelers annually. Often called the “Big Island” to help distinguish it from the 1,500-mile long archipelago with which it shares its name, Hawaii, the Big Island has certainly earned its nickname.
How expensive is it to move to Hawaii?
Living in Hawaii and Housing Cost. To rent a place in Hawaii is significantly more expensive than in most places on the U.S. mainland. A studio on Oahu, for example, costs anywhere from $800-$1,200+ per month, depending on the location.
Does Southwest Airlines fly to Hawaii yet?
Southwest Airlines announced that it would start flying to Hawaii in October 2017. In Hawaii, the airline will fly to Honolulu (HNL) on Oahu, Kahului (OGG) on Maui, Kona (KOA) on the Island of Hawaii, and Lihue (LIH) on Kauai. According to The Points Guy, the flight launches will roll out as follows.
What is the rainiest month in Hawaii?
– Overall June is the driest month in Hawaii, while December is the wettest month. – When we plotted this data, the uptick in rain from February to March was surprising. It’s not quite as dramatic when you consider that February only has 28 days and March has 31 days.
What time of year is hurricane season in Hawaii?
Hurricane season in the Central Pacific region (where Hawaii is located) has officially ended. The season runs from June 1 to November 30, but these tropical cyclones can occur any time of the year.
How many days do you need in Hawaii?
Here are some ways to make more from your vacation if you have a week or two available: Consider visiting two islands. With a week, ten days, or two weeks, you can feel comfortable splitting up your time between two islands. To really enjoy an island, you should be able to spend at least three to five days per island.
Photo in the article by “Good Free Photos”