According to worldatlas.com
What are the 10 largest countries in South America?
The 10 Most Populated Countries in South America
- Brazil – 204.5 million. Brazil is the most populous country in South America and the fifth most populous in the world with a population of 204 million people.
- Colombia – 48.5 million.
- Argentina – 43.1 million.
- Peru – 31.2 million.
- Venezuela – 30.6 million.
- Ecuador – 16.3 million.
- Chile – 18 million.
- Bolivia – 10.5 million.
What are the 3 biggest countries in South America?
Below is a list of all the South American countries, in order of geographical area. South America’s total geographical area is 17,835,252 km².
What is the largest Spanish speaking country in South America?
Spanish is the official language of Mexico, in addition to many countries in Central and South America. Two of the largest Spanish speaking countries in South America are Colombia (about 46 million Spanish speakers) and Argentina (about 41 million Spanish speakers).
Which are the two smaller Spanish speaking countries of South America?
Spanish Speaking Countries in South America. The Spanish-speaking countries in South America are: Argentina. Bolivia has two capitals, La Paz and Sucre.
Which country is bigger Peru or Colombia?
Peru is around the same size as Colombia. Colombia is approximately 1,138,910 sq km, while Peru is approximately 1,285,216 sq km. Meanwhile, the population of Colombia is ~47.7 million people (16.7 million fewer people live in Peru). We have positioned the outline of Colombia near the middle of Peru.
What is the strongest country in South America?
What is the smallest country in South America?
The Smallest Countries in South America
- Suriname – 163,820 sq km. Suriname’s territory covers an area of 63,252 square miles to become the smallest state in South America.
- Uruguay – 181,034 sq km. Uruguay is South America’s smallest nation with an area of 69,898 square miles.
- Guyana – 214,969 sq km.
- Ecuador – 276,841 sq km.
- Paraguay – 406,750 sq km.
Do Filipinos speak Spanish?
In 2010 the Instituto Cervantes de Manila put the number of Spanish speakers in the Philippines in the area of three million, which included the native and the non-native Chavacano and Spanish speakers as well since there are some Filipinos who can speak Spanish and Chavacano as a second, third, or fourth language.
Is Spanish the second most spoken language?
By number of native speakers, Spanish is the second biggest language in the world (behind only Mandarin). By total speakers, it’s at number four. Spanish is also the second most-common language in the United States, which is home to a whopping 40 million native speakers.
What is the only country in continent South America that doesn’t speak Spanish?
In French Guiana, the official language is of course French. Suriname’s main language is Dutch, and Guyana’s official language is English. But by far the largest South American country where Spanish is not the official language is Brazil.
What are the 2 longest countries in South America?
South American Countries with the Longest Coastlines
- Brazil. The longest coastline in South America is that of Brazil, which has a length of 7,941 kilometers.
- Chile. Chile is ranked the second South American country with a coastline of 6,435 kilometers long.
What South American country speaks the best Spanish?
1. Mexico. Some may disagree, but I don’t have to be impartial: Mexico is the best Latin American country to learn Spanish. If you’re looking to learn the purest Spanish, Mexico is the place to go.
Photo in the article by “NASA Earth Observatory”