What are the 10 largest countries in South America?
The 10 Most Populated Countries in South America
- Brazil – 204.5 million. Brazil is the most populous country in South America and the fifth most populous in the world with a population of 204 million people.
- Colombia – 48.5 million.
- Argentina – 43.1 million.
- Peru – 31.2 million.
- Venezuela – 30.6 million.
- Ecuador – 16.3 million.
- Chile – 18 million.
- Bolivia – 10.5 million.
What is the largest and smallest country in South America?
The Smallest Countries in South America
- Suriname – 163,820 sq km. Suriname’s territory covers an area of 63,252 square miles to become the smallest state in South America.
- Uruguay – 181,034 sq km. Uruguay is South America’s smallest nation with an area of 69,898 square miles.
- Guyana – 214,969 sq km.
- Ecuador – 276,841 sq km.
- Paraguay – 406,750 sq km.
What is the largest Spanish speaking country in South America?
Spanish is the official language of Mexico, in addition to many countries in Central and South America. Two of the largest Spanish speaking countries in South America are Colombia (about 46 million Spanish speakers) and Argentina (about 41 million Spanish speakers).
Which country has the largest land area in North America?
Largest North American Countries: (by land area)
- Canada: 9,984,670 sq km.
- United States: 9,826,630 sq km.
- Mexico: 1,923,040 sq km.
- Nicaragua: 120,254 sq km.
- Honduras: 112,090 sq km.
- Cuba: 110,860 sq km.
- Guatemala: 108,890 sq km.
- Panama: 78,200 sq km.
What are the 3 biggest countries in South America?
Below is a list of all the South American countries, in order of geographical area. South America’s total geographical area is 17,835,252 km².
Which country is bigger Peru or Colombia?
Peru is around the same size as Colombia. Colombia is approximately 1,138,910 sq km, while Peru is approximately 1,285,216 sq km. Meanwhile, the population of Colombia is ~47.7 million people (16.7 million fewer people live in Peru). We have positioned the outline of Colombia near the middle of Peru.
What is the strongest country in South America?
What is the longest country in South America?
South American Countries with the Longest Coastlines
- Brazil. The longest coastline in South America is that of Brazil, which has a length of 7,941 kilometers.
- Chile. Chile is ranked the second South American country with a coastline of 6,435 kilometers long.
What is the largest city in South America?
The Five Largest Cities in South America By Population
- Sao Paolo – 21.7 Million. Sao Paolo is the largest city in Brazil as well as South America with a metropolitan population of around 21.7 million.
- Buenos Aires – 15 Million.
- Rio de Janeiro – 13.4 Million.
- Bogota – 10.6 Million.
- Lima – 12.1 Million.
Whats the 2nd biggest city in America?
For 1790 through 1990, tables are taken from the U.S Census Bureau’s “Population of the 100 Largest Cities and Other Urban Places in the United States: 1790 to 1990.”
|Notes||New York has ranked as the city with the highest population in every census count.|
10 more columns
What city in America has the largest population?
8.623 million (2017)
Whats the largest city in the Americas?
Largest cities in the Americas
46 more rows
What is the biggest country in the world 2018?
When all 10 of the world’s largest countries are taken together, they total 49% of the earth’s entire 149 million square kilometres of land.
- 7 – India.
- 6 – Australia.
- 5 – Brazil.
- 4 – People’s Republic of China.
- 3 – United States of America.
- 2 – Canada.
- 1 – Russia.
- 50 Largest Countries in the World By Area. Rank.
Which is the richest country in the world?
Top 10 Richest Countries in the World
- Kuwait. GDP per capita ($): 71,930.
- Norway. GDP per capita ($): 72,190.
- Ireland. GDP per capita ($): 75,790.
- Brunei Darussalam. GDP per capita ($): 77,700.
- Singapore. GDP per capita ($): 93,680.
- Luxembourg. GDP per capita ($):112,710.
- Macao. GDP per capita ($): 125,170.
- Qatar. GDP per capita ($): 129,360.
Which is the largest country in the world in 2018?
Largest Countries in the World by Area 2019
|4||United States||9,372,610 3,617,827|
75 more rows
What are the 2 biggest countries in South America?
The Largest Countries in South America
- Brazil. Brazil is the largest country in South America.
- Argentina. The Argentine Republic is the official name of the second largest country in South America which occupies a land area of 1,073,500 square miles.
Which are the two smaller Spanish speaking countries of South America?
Spanish Speaking Countries in South America. The Spanish-speaking countries in South America are: Argentina. Bolivia has two capitals, La Paz and Sucre.
In which South American country is English spoken?
|Languages by Countries|
|Country||Official and national Languages||Other spoken Languages|
|Belize||English||Spanish, Mayan, Garifuna (Carib), Creole|
|Bolivia||Spanish, Quechua, Aymara|
|Brazil||Portuguese||Spanish, English, French, American Indian languages|
41 more rows
What are the largest Spanish speaking countries?
To be exact, 21 countries have Spanish as their official language.
- El Salvador.
- Costa Rica.
- Puerto Rico.
- Equatorial Guinea.
Is Peru cheaper than Colombia?
Cost of Living. Overall, Colombia is cheaper than Peru. Bogota is cheaper than Lima. But, the cities most people visit in Peru will usually be a little pricier than those in Colombia.
What are the largest countries in Latin America?
Largest Countries in the Americas by Area 2019
|2||United States||Northern America|
49 more rows
What is the largest city in the South Pacific?
Suva, capital, chief port, and commercial centre of Fiji, in the South Pacific Ocean. The city lies on the southeast coast of Viti Levu, Fiji’s principal island. Founded in 1849, Suva became the capital in 1882 and was made a city in 1952; it is now one of the largest urban centres in the South Pacific islands.
Is Mexico City the largest city in the Americas?
Mexico City is the largest city in North America followed by New York City and Los Angeles. Mexico City is the largest city in North America followed by New York City and Los Angeles. Mexico City is capital of Mexico and seat of the federal powers of Mexico.
What country in South America has the smallest population?
Which is the cleanest Great Lake?
Lake Superior. The Great Lakes make up 20 percent of the Earth’s available (not in the ice caps) surface fresh water and half of that water is stored by Lake Superior. Superior is the cleanest and clearest of the Great Lakes.
Is Chicago the 3rd largest city in the US?
Of the five largest cities — which in order are New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston and Phoenix — only Chicago saw a population drop, according to census figures. In fact, Chicago lags behind Los Angeles, the second-most-populous city, by more than a million residents.
What is the fastest growing county in the US?
The fastest—and slowest—growing counties in the U.S. Immigration is a major factor driving population growth across America. Areas like Harris County, Texas, and King County, Washington, have experienced some of the largest increases in international migrants, according to new data from the U.S. Census Bureau.
Photo in the article by “Wikipedia”