Cities by population density
42 more rows
What city has the highest population density?
The World’s Most Densely Populated Cities
- Manila – 41,515 People/Sq Km. Manila is the earth’s most densely populated city proper and the capital city of Philippines.
- Mumbai – 28,508/Sq Km. Mumbai is the capital of the state of Maharashtra, India and a large city with over 12,478,447 residents.
- Dhaka – 28,410/Sq Km.
- Caloocan – 27,916/Sq Km.
- Chennai – 25,854/Sq Km.
What is the most densely populated city in the world 2018?
As of 2018, with 24.1 million inhabitants, Shanghai is the world’s most populous city, according to the data released by the City Mayors Foundation, while Beijing (18.6 million people) ranked number two on the list.
Which country has largest population density?
What’s the most crowded city in the world?
Here are the 10 most populated cities in the world, as reported by Time.
- Shanghai, China.
- Mumbai, India.
- São Paulo, Brazil.
- Beijing, China.
- Mexico City, Mexico.
- Osaka, Japan.
- Cairo, Egypt.
- New York-Newark, United States.
What is the most crowded city in the world?
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
- Manila – 12.8 million.
- Moscow – 13.1 million.
- Tokyo – 13.6 million.
- Dhaka – 14.5.
- Istanbul – 14.6 million.
- Karachi – 18 million.
- Beijing – 18.5 million.
- Shanghai – 24.1 million. Shanghai’s population of 24.1 million makes it the top populous city proper not only in Asia but in the world as well.
What’s the smallest city in the world?
The smallest city in the world by area is Vatican City with an area of 44 hectares (108.7 acre). It is a landlocked sovereign city state whose territory consists of a walled enclave within the city of Rome. It is officially called State of the Vatican City.
What is the most populous city in the world 2018?
By 2050, the world will be home to almost 10 billion people, two-thirds of which will live in cities.
The 20 Largest Cities in the World of 2018
- Tokyo-Yokohama, Japan. Save this picture!
- Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Delhi, India.
- Manila, Philippines.
- Seoul, South Korea.
- Shanghai, China.
- Mumbai, India.
- New York City, USA.
What are the 10 largest cities in the world 2018?
Top 10 Largest Cities in the World of 2018
- Tokyo – 37 million. The Greater Tokyo Area is the most populous metropolitan area in the world and also the largest urban agglomeration economy.
- Delhi – 25 million.
- Shanghai – 23 million.
- Mumbai – 20.7 million.
- Beijing – 19.5 million.
- Dhaka – 17 million.
- Karachi – 16.1 million.
- Istanbul – 14 million.
What is the most overpopulated country in the world?
Enter your birthdate to continue:
|1||China The majority of the population is located in the eastern half of the country.||1,394,510,000|
|2||India A very high population density exists throughout the country, apart from the deserts in the northwest and the mountains in the north.||1,343,330,000|
48 more rows
Which is the most crowded country in the world?
|TOP 10 MOST POPULOUS COUNTRIES (July 1, 2019)|
|Rank. Country||Population||Rank. Country. Population|
|1. China||1,389,618,778||6. Brazil|
|2. India||1,311,559,204||7. Nigeria|
|3. United States||331,883,986||8. Bangladesh|
2 more rows
Which country has the largest population 2018?
The World: Population (2018) – Top 100+
|3.||United States of America||331,026,400|
96 more rows
What is the safest city in the world?
Here are the safest cities around the globe:
- Toronto, Canada.
- Melbourne, Australia.
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Amsterdam, Netherlands (Jeroen Swolfs)
- Sydney, Australia. ()
- Stockholm, Sweden. Overall score: 86.72.
- Hong Kong. (Anthony Wallace/AFP)
- Zurich, Switzerland. Overall score: 85.2.
- Frankfurt, Germany. (REUTERS)
What is the richest city in the world?
In terms of GDP rankings, here are the 10 wealthiest cities in the world today.
- 37 Comments » GGeronimo says:
- Tokyo, Japan. GDP: $1,520 billion.
- New York, USA. GDP: $1,210 billion.
- Los Angeles, USA. GDP: $789.7 billion.
- Seoul, South Korea. GDP: $779.3 billion.
- London, England. GDP: $731.2 billion.
- Paris, France.
- Osaka, Japan.
What city has the largest homeless population?
In Seattle, which has the nation’s largest homeless population outside New York or Los Angeles, the count this year rose to more than 12,000 — more than half of them unsheltered. The number was less than 9,000 just four years ago, and the city has been wrestling with what to do about the problem.
Which city has the most billionaires?
In 2015, Forbes Magazine listed New York City with the most billionaires at 78 persons, followed by Moscow with 68 billionaires, and Hong Kong in third place with 65 billionaires. The report also states that the US has the most billionaires per capita of any country.
Which city has the most murders?
List of cities by murder rate
|Rank||City||Homicides per 100,000|
46 more rows
What country has the most homeless?
It is estimated that 150 million people are homeless worldwide. Habitat for Humanity estimated in 2015 that 1.6 billion people around the world live in “inadequate shelter”.
|Homeless population (per night)||116,427|
|Main article||Homelessness in Australia|
56 more columns
What is the most polluted city in the world?
Gurugram, a suburb of the Indian capital New Delhi, is the world’s most polluted city, according to Greenpeace and AirVisual, which found it had an average air quality index of 135.8 in 2018 — almost three times the level which the US Environmental Protection Agency regards as healthy.
What is the most populated city in the world 2019?
The 10 Most Populous Cities in the World for 2019
- 8: Mumbai.
- 7: Dhaka.
- 6: Cairo.
- 5: Mexico City.
- 4: Sao Paulo.
- 3: Shanghai.
- 2: Delhi.
- 1: Tokyo. And the winner is: the most populous city in the world is the vibrant Japanese city of Osaka which has a staggering population of 37.4 million.
What is the most populated area in the US?
The 30 Most Populous Cities
26 more rows
What are the 10 largest cities?
The Top 10 Largest U.S. Cities by Population
- New York City, NY. Population: 8,550,405.
- Los Angeles, CA. Population: 3,971,883.
- Chicago, IL. Population: 2,720,546.
- Houston, TX. Population: 2,296,224.
- Philadelphia, PA. Population: 1,567,442.
- Phoenix, AZ. Population: 1,563,025.
- San Antonio, TX. Population: 1,469,845.
- San Diego, CA. Population: 1,394,928.
What’s the best country in the world?
The 10 Best Countries in the World
- United Kingdom.
- United States.
- France. France, the most visited country in the world, ranks second in cultural influence and sixth in the power rankings for the second year in a row.
What is the most expensive city in the US?
While not universally the case, residents of the most expensive cities tend to have higher incomes.
- San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, California.
- Santa Cruz-Watsonville, California.
- San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward, California.
- Urban Honolulu, Hawaii.
- New York-Newark-Jersey City, New York-New Jersey-Pennsylvania.
- Napa, California.
Which country has the most billionaires?
The U.S. still leads the pack, but Asia is now the region home to the most billionaires.
|Country||Billionaire Rank||Number of Billionaires|
6 more rows
What’s the biggest race in the world?
The world’s largest ethnic group is Han Chinese with Mandarin being the world’s most spoken language in terms of native speakers. Human migration has been shifting toward cities and urban centers. The urban population jumping from 29% in 1950, to 50.5% in 2005.
What state has the most population 2018?
Top 10 Most Populous States: 2018
6 more rows
Is Detroit the most dangerous city?
Crime in Detroit. As of 2016, Detroit has the fourth highest murder rate among major cities in the United States after St. Louis, Baltimore and New Orleans and the 42nd highest murder rate in the world.
What state has the highest murders rate?
Murder rates were calculated based on the FBI Uniform Crime Reports and the estimated 2015 population of each state.
|Gun Murders (total deaths) (2015)||440|
|Gun Ownership (%) (2013)||26.2|
|Murder and Nonnegligent Manslaughter Rate (per 100,000) (2015)||5.8|
|Murder Rate (per 100,000) (2015)||3.9|
50 more columns
What country has the most murders per capita?
Intentional deaths per 100,000 people per year
|105||São Tomé and Príncipe||1.9|
76 more rows
Photo in the article by “President of Russia”