The biggest net exporter of wine is Italy, followed by Spain, France, Chile and Australia.
The biggest net importing country of wine is the United Kingdom, followed by Germany, Russia, the United States and China.
What country is the largest exporter of wine?
Below are the 15 countries that exported the highest dollar value worth of wine during 2018.
- France: US$11 billion (29.5% of total wine exports)
- Italy: $7.3 billion (19.6%)
- Spain: $3.5 billion (9.4%)
- Australia: $2.2 billion (5.8%)
- Chile: $2 billion (5.3%)
- United States: $1.4 billion (3.9%)
- Germany: $1.2 billion (3.3%)
Which country produces the most wine 2018?
Top 10 shown on chart
13 more rows
What are the top 10 wine producing countries?
It’s no doubt that up-and-coming wine regions are intriguing, but there are just 10 countries producing 80% of the wine on the planet.
Get our Wine 101 Guide FREE
- 4 United States. 90% of wine from the United States is from California.
- 5 Argentina.
- 6 Australia.
- 7 Germany.
- 8 South Africa.
- 9 Chile.
- 10 Portugal.
How much French wine is exported?
Wine sales increased 9.6 percent to 8.67 billion euros, including a rise of 7.4 percent to 2.82 billion euros for champagne, FEVS said. In Britain, France’s second biggest export market for wine and spirits, sales rose by 2.7 percent to 1.33 billion euros.
Whats the best wine in the world?
The World’s Best Wines
- Chateau d’Yquem, Sauternes.
- Domaine Leroy Romanee-Saint-Vivant Grand Cru, Cote de Nuits.
- Screaming Eagle Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley.
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti La Tache Grand Cru Monopole, Cote de Nuits.
- Petrus, Pomerol.
- Abreu Vineyard ‘Thorevilos’ Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley.
What is the most expensive wine in the world?
- Chateau Margaux 1787. | $225,000.
- Chateau Lafite’s 1869. | $230,000.
- Shipwrecked 1907 Heidsieck. | $275,000.
- 1947 Cheval-Blanc. | $304,375 (£192,000)*
- Screaming Eagle Cabernet Sauvignon 1992. | $500,000*
What countries drink the most wine?
20 destinations that drink the most wine per capita
- Andorra – 56.9 litres.
- Vatican City – 56.2.
- Croatia – 46.9.
- Portugal – 43.7.
- France – 43.1.
- Slovenia – 42.5.
- Macedonia – 40.4.
- Falkland Islands – 38.5.
Where is the wine capital of the world?
What is the most popular wine in the world?
- Pinot Grigio. Quintessential pinot grigio, particularly from Italy, is known for being dry and easy-drinking, making it one of the world’s most popular wines.
- Chardonnay. Chardonnay is the most planted grape in the world and the U.S., though many either love it or hate it.
- Pinot Noir.
- Cabernet Sauvignon.
What country imports the most wine?
Top Wine Importing Countries
- United States: US$6.5 billion (17% of total wine imports)
- United Kingdom: $4.4 billion (11.5%)
- Germany: $3.1 billion (8.2%)
- China: $2.9 billion (7.5%)
- Canada: $2 billion (5.3%)
- Japan: $1.7 billion (4.4%)
- Hong Kong: $1.5 billion (4.1%)
- Netherlands: $1.4 billion (3.6%)