India’s top five states with maximum forest cover (in km²) are:
- Madhya Pradesh (77,462)
- Arunachal Pradesh (67,248)
- Chhattisgarh (55,586)
- Maharashtra (50,628)
- Orissa (50,354)
Which state has highest percentage of forest cover?
Map of States having largest forest cover in India
|Rank||States with Highest Forest Cover 2013||Total Forest Cover in Sq kms|
6 more rows
Which Indian state has the least forest cover?
India has a total forest area of 697,898 sq.km, with a percentage of 21.235%. Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat and Bihar have the lowest percentage of Forests in India. These 6 states along with the UT-Daman & Diu has forest percentages less than 10%.
Which state of India has 90% area under the forest?
Which country has the highest forest cover?
Which state has largest mangrove forest?
Map of Top 10 Mangrove Forest in India
|Rank||States/UTs with Highest Mangrove Cover 2013||Total Mangrove Cover in Sq km|
|3||Andaman And Nicobar Islands||604|
6 more rows
Which type of forest is largest in India?
Which state has highest forest?
India’s Top 5 States With The Largest Forest Cover
- Madhya Pradesh. The heart of incredible India, Madhya Pradesh is the second-largest state in the country by area and more than 30% of its area is under the forest cover.
- Arunachal Pradesh.
Which state has the most forest land?
Which state of India has lowest population?
Let’s have a look at all the states and their population according to consensus 2011:
25 more rows
Which is the thickest forest in India?
5 Indian States That Have The Densest Forest Cover
- Madhya Pradesh.
- Arunachal Pradesh.
- Maharashtra. The Forest Survey Conducted in 2014 has stated that the total forest cover of the state stands at 5.06 million hectares.
- Orissa. Orissa is at the position number five by having 5.03 million hectares covered under forests.
Which is the biggest forest in the world?
Which type of forest occupies the highest percentage of area in India?
Which type of forests occupies the highest percentage of area in India? Tropical Deciduous Forests: They are also called the “Monsoon forests”. They grow in the areas with annual rainfall of 70-200 cm.
Which country has the least forest cover?
Countries With The Lowest Forested Area In The World
|Rank||Country||% of Forested Landmass|
|2||San Marino||0.00 %|
21 more rows
How many acres of forest are left in the world?
Forests cover 31 percent of the world’s land surface, just over 4 billion hectares. (One hectare = 2.47 acres.) This is down from the pre-industrial area of 5.9 billion hectares.
Which country has the most trees in the world?
The world’s overall tree leader is Russia, with 642 billion trees, reports The Washington Post, which analyzed the data presented by researchers. Next is Canada with 318 billion trees and Brazil with 302 billion. The United States comes in fourth with 228 billion trees.
What are the 3 types of mangroves?
Of the seven types of mangroves, three are most dominant, the red, black and white types. and trap oxygen for its oxygen-starved root systems. These bristles are known as pneumatophores. The Black Mangrove is tolerant of high saline conditions and the trees grow in isolated groups or woodland formations.
Where are the most mangrove forests seen?
There are 15.9 million hectares (over 60,000 square miles) of mangrove forests in the warm waters of tropical oceans all over the world. Along the Atlantic coast they are found from Florida all the way down to Argentina. Mangroves grow on both the western and eastern coasts of Africa.
Which is the world’s largest mangrove forest?
How many trees are cut down each day in India?
Throughout the world, about 900 million trees are cut down annually.Twenty nine million, eight hundred thousand trees (29,800,000) are cut down every day in the world. TWENTY MILLION ACRES of forest are cut down each day, and 30% (SIX MILLION ACRES PER DAY!) becomes wood pulp for paper.
Which forests are found in India?
What are the different types of forests found in India?
- Tropical Deciduous Forests. These trees have broadleafs.
- Tropical Rain Forests. These are also called equatorial rainforests.
- Montane Forests. This type of forest is found in mountain or hilly areas.
- Tropical Thorn forests. They are found in the area with very little rainfall (as little as 50cm).
- Swamp Forests.
How much area of India is under forest?
State of Forest Report says that India’s forest and tree cover has increased by 1 percent. The total forest and tree cover is spread across 802,088 square km, which is 24.39 percent of the geographical area of the country.
Which is the greenest state in America?
Greenest States in America 2018
- New York.
- South Dakota.
- New Hampshire.
- Rhode Island.
What states are the most beautiful?
Top 10 Most Beautiful States in America
- Florida. Also known as the Sunshine State, Florida is an alluring mix of gorgeous beaches, balmy weather, and sweet Latin vibe.
Which states have the most mountains?
The eight US Mountain States are listed below.
- New Mexico.
- Arizona. Located in the southwestern United States, Arizona is a Mountain States and one of the Four Corner States.
- Colorado. Colorado is one of the eight Mountain States.
Which is the richest state in India?
Top 15 Richest States In India 2019
- Telangana – GDP Rs.7.50 lakh Crore.
- Rajasthan – GDP Rs.7.50 lakh Crore.
- West Bengal – GDP Rs.9.20 lakhs Crore.
- Gujarat – GDP Rs.12.75 lakh Crore.
- Karnataka – GDP Rs.12.80 Lakhs Crores.
- Tamil Nadu – GDP Rs.13.39 lakh Crores.
- Uttar Pradesh – GDP Rs.14.46 lakh Crores.
- Maharashtra – GDP Rs.25.35 lakh crore.
Which is the smallest city in India?
Top 10 Least Populated Cities of India
7 more rows
Which is the lowest educated state in India?
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”