List of longest rivers of Asia
|Yangtze (Cháng Jiāng)||China||6,300|
|Yellow River (Huang He)||China||5,464|
|Mekong||China, Myanmar, Laos, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam||4,909|
76 more rows
Who is the longest river in Asia?
What is the main river in Asia?
What is the deepest river in Asia?
The deepest river in the world is the Congo River in Africa. At its deepest point, the river reaches a depth of approximately 720 feet. This depth makes the Congo River about 64 feet deeper than the second deepest river in the world, which is the Yangtze River in China.
Which is world’s longest river?
Here is a list of five longest rivers of the world
- Nile River: The longest river in the world. Nile River: the longest river in the world (Image: 10mosttoday)
- Amazon River: Second longest and the largest by water flow. Amazon River (Image: 10mosttoday)
- Yangtze River: The longest river in Asia.
Which is the only river that crosses the equator twice?
What is the shortest river in Asia?
Of the ten shortest rivers, five are found in Europe, four in the Americas, and one in Asia.
- Ombla River.
- Jezernica River.
- Roe River.
- Rio Los Patos.
- D River.
- Azuis River.
- Aril River.
- Guinness World Records. Some of the above rivers have been listed as the shortest river by Guinness World Records.
What country in Asia has the most rivers?
This is a list of longest rivers of Asia. Included are all rivers over 1,000 km (620 mi) that are in Asia.
List of longest rivers of Asia.
|River||Yangtze (Cháng Jiāng)|
78 more columns
Has the most rivers in the world in Asia?
Rivers in Asia Continents, Facts about Size etc. The land of Asia abounds in rivers. Some of the world’s longest rivers, such as the Yangtze, the Yellow River and Euphrates flow through the world’s largest continent.
Which is the largest river in world?
What’s the World’s Longest River?
- The Nile. Flowing northward through the tropical climate of eastern Africa and into the Mediterranean Sea, the Nile river is the longest river in the world at 4,135 miles (6,650 kilometers), according to the U.S. National Park Service.
- The Amazon.
- The Debate.
Which is the smallest country in Asia?
The 10 Smallest Countries Of Asia By Area
- The Maldives. The Maldives occupies the southern part of Asia, and it constitutes 26 atolls in the Indian Ocean.
- Singapore. Singapore is one of the world’s city-states, and it lies in Southeast Asia.
What is the deepest river in the world?
What’s the oldest river in the world?
Like the New River, it is deprived of ancient fossils that many younger rivers have. It is generally accepted that the Nile is the oldest river in the world, yet based on geological evidence, the Finke River in Australia can also make a claim that it is the oldest river in the world.
Which is the shortest river in the world?
Which is biggest river in India?
The Indus River is the longest river of India, total length of the Indus from its source (Tibetan Plateau) is 3200 km.
Several of these rivers of India also offer a bright range of adventure activities.
- Indus River.
- The Ganges River.
- Godavari River.
- Krishna River.
- Yamuna River.
- Narmada River.
- Mahanadi River.
- Kaveri River.
Which is longer Amazon or Nile?
The Amazon is considered the world’s largest river by volume, but scientists have believed it is slightly shorter than Africa’s Nile. The Brazilian scientists’ 14-day expedition extended the Amazon’s length by about 176 miles (284 kilometers), making it 65 miles (105 kilometers) longer than the Nile.
Which river crosses the Tropic of Cancer twice in world?
Which is the deepest river in Africa?
The Deepest River in Africa, It’s Over 700 Feet Deep. The Congo River, the 9th longest river on the planet, is 2, 920 miles. It is also the deepest river on the planet, and it is over 700 feet deep. It is the second longest river in Africa (The longest being River Nile).
Where is the deepest part of the Mississippi River?
South of Cairo (Illinois), where the Ohio River joins the Mississippi, the river averages 50-100 feet deep. The deepest point along the river is at New Orleans (near Algiers Point) where it reaches 200 feet deep.
What is the most dangerous river?
According to a new video by British fact-seeker Tom Scott, the narrowest part of the river, called the Strid, appears to be a humble forest creek but is actually one of the most lethal stretches of water in the world.
What is the largest country in Asia?
The 10 Largest Countries in Asia
- Russia. Russia is not only the largest country in Asia, but is also the largest country in the world.
- China. The second largest country in Asia is China, which covers an area of around 9.5 million square km (3.7 million square miles).
- Saudi Arabia.
What is the largest lake in Asia?
Lakes of Asia – Map & Description
- Caspian Sea. The Caspian Sea, located in western Asia on the eastern edges of Europe, is the largest lake on the planet.
- Lake Baikal. Lake Baikal is positioned in southeastern (Siberia) Russia, directly to the north of Mongolia.
- Aral Sea.
Which is the largest river in the Asia?
This list highlights the Asian continent’s thirty longest rivers:
- Yangtze – 3,915 miles.
- Yellow – 3,395 miles.
- Mekong – 3,050 miles.
- Lena – 2,734 miles.
- Irtysh – 2,640 miles.
- Yenisei – 2,540 miles.
- Ob – 2,268 miles.
- Lower Tunguska, 1,857 miles.
What are the 5 oldest rivers in the world?
7 Oldest Rivers in the World
- Nile River. Age: c.30 million years old.
- Colorado River. Age: 6 – 70 million years old.
- Susquehanna River. Age: over 300 million years old.
- French Broad River. Age: over 300 million years old.
- Meuse. Age: 320 – 340 million years old.
- New River. Age: 3 – 360 million years old.
- Finke River. Age: over 300 – 340 million years old.
Which is the largest island in the world?
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”