Top Milk Producing Countries In The World
- USA (91.3 billion kilograms)
- India (60.6 billion kilograms)
- China (35.7 billion kilograms)
- Brazil (34.3 billion kilograms)
- Germany (31.1 billion kilograms)
- Russia (30.3 billion kilograms)
- France (23.7 billion kilograms)
- New Zealand (18.9 billion kilograms)
Which of the following nations was the world’s largest producer of milk in 2017 18?
In the last three decades, world milk production has increased by more than 58 percent, from 522 million tonnes in 1987 to 828 million tonnes in 2017. India is the world’s largest milk producer, with 21 percent of global production, followed by the United States of America, China, Pakistan and Brazil.
Is India the largest producer of milk?
India, which is well-known for its dairy products, is the largest producer of milk, second only to United States(in terms of cow milk). In 2016-2017, India produced a whopping 1,65,404 thousand tonnes of milk. Uttar Pradesh has the highest buffalo population in the country and the second highest cattle population.
Which cow give maximum milk in world?
Holstein full name is Holstein-Friesian Cattle or Friesian Cattle that is Holstein amazing milk producer and it is the highest milk production dairy farm animal in the world. This produced milk. This dairy cattle produced milk 32,740 kg in 365 days.
Who is the biggest dairy company in the world?
Ranking the Top 20 Global Dairy Companies
- Nestlé, Switzerland, $27.8 billion.
- Lactalis, France, $19.5 billion.
- Danone, France, $19.5 billion.
- Fonterra, New Zealand, $18.5 billion.
- Dairy Farmers of America, United States, $17.9 billion.
- FrieslandCampina, The Netherlands, $14.8 billion.
- Arla Foods, Denmark/Sweden, $13.6 billion.
- Saputo, Canada, $9.8 billion.
Which state ranks first in milk production in India?
The first five highest milk producing States during Summer Season 2017-18 are Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, and Andhra Pradesh. The Milk production in the country during 2016-17 has achieved a remarkable progress by showing 20.13% growth as compared to 2013-14.
Which state is known as milk bowl of India?
Which cow is best for milk?
There are eight top dairy cow breeds in North America which are a good starting point when looking for the right cow or herd for your needs.
- Holstein. The most recognizable breed of the dairy cow breeds is the Holstein or the Holstein-Friesians.
- Brown Swiss.
- Dutch Belted.
- Milking Shorthorn.
Which cow breed is best?
Here are the best cattle breeds that produce more milk – the world’s highest production dairy animals.
- Holstein. Image Source.
- Norwegian Red. Image Source.
- Kostroma Cattle Breed. Milk Production: 10,000 kilograms per year.
- Brown Swiss. Image Source.
- Swedish Red Cattle.
- Ayrshire Cattle.
- Angeln Cattle.
Which cow is best for milk in India?
There are 37 plus cow breeds found in India, Among the best for milking cow breeds are Sahiwal, Gir, Tharparkar, Rathi and Red Sindhi.
Where is the biggest farm in the world?
Chinese Farms. By far, the biggest farm in the world (in terms of acreage) is the Mudanjiang City Mega Farm in Heilongjiang, China. This astounding farm manages 22,500,000 acres. The Mudanjiang City Mega Farm specializes in dairy and has around 100,000 cows.
Where is the largest dairy farm in the world?
The second biggest farm in the world can also be found in China and again is in dairy. The Modern Dairy is located in Anhui and covers 11,000,000 acres. The 40,000 cows produce 600 tons milk per day. Before Mudanjiang City farm expanded, Modern Dairy held the title for the biggest farm in the world.
What is the most popular milk brand?
Brands The Best Milk Brands
- 768 351. Borden.
- 448 207. Organic Valley Beverages.
- 256 158. Horizon.
- 246 179. Dairyland.
- 167 114. Whole Foods Market Supermarket.
- 193 157. Dean Foods Dairy Product Manufacturing, Dairy Product (except Dried or Canned) Merchant Wholesalers, Food processing.
- 135 114. Hood.
- 111 91. _1448549895399 added Amul.
Photo in the article by “Wikipedia”