According to worldatlas.com
View 4+ moreView 4+
What are the 10 largest cities in the world 2018?
Top 10 Largest Cities in the World of 2018
- Tokyo – 37 million. The Greater Tokyo Area is the most populous metropolitan area in the world and also the largest urban agglomeration economy.
- Delhi – 25 million.
- Shanghai – 23 million.
- Mumbai – 20.7 million.
- Beijing – 19.5 million.
- Dhaka – 17 million.
- Karachi – 16.1 million.
- Istanbul – 14 million.
What are the 50 largest cities in the world?
So, the top 50 largest built-up urban areas in the world, with a population of 500,000 and over are:
- Tokyo–Yokohama (Japan)
- Jakarta (Indonesia)
- Delhi (India)
- Seoul–Incheon (South Korea)
- Manila (Philippines)
- Mumbai (India)
- Karachi (Pakistan)
- Shanghai (China)
What are the 12 largest cities in the world?
Capital cities of the world – with population
118 more rows
What are the 20 largest cities in the world?
- Tokyo-Yokohama, Japan (20/20) (Source: Reuters)
- Jakarta, Indonesia (19/20) (Source: Reuters)
- Delhi, India (18/20) (Source: Shutterstock)
- Manila, Philippines (17/20) (Source: Reuters)
- Seoul-Incheon, South Korea (16/20) (Source: Reuters)
- Shanghai, China (15/20)
- Karachi, Pakistan (14/20)
- Beijing, China (13/20)
What’s the biggest city in the world 2018?
These Are The World’s Top-300 Most Populous Cities, 2018
- Shanghai, China. City population: 24,153,000.
- Beijing, China. City population: 18,590,000.
- Karachi, Pakistan (Islamic Republic of) City population: 18,000,000.
- Istanbul, Turkey. City population: 14,657,000.
- Dhaka, Bangladesh. City population: 14,543,000.
- Tokyo, Japan.
- Moscow, Russia.
- Manila, Philippines.
What are the 10 largest metro areas in United States?
The Top 10 Largest U.S. Cities by Population
- Omaha, NE – 443,885.
- Miami, FL – 441,003.
- Oakland, CA – 419,267.
- Minneapolis, MN – 410,939.
- Tulsa, OK – 403,505.
- Wichita, KS – 389,965.
- New Orleans, LA – 389,617.
- Arlington, TX– 388,125.
What’s the largest city on earth?
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
- Manila – 12.8 million.
- Moscow – 13.1 million.
- Tokyo – 13.6 million.
- Dhaka – 14.5.
- Istanbul – 14.6 million.
- Karachi – 18 million.
- Beijing – 18.5 million.
- Shanghai – 24.1 million. Shanghai’s population of 24.1 million makes it the top populous city proper not only in Asia but in the world as well.
What is the richest city in the world?
In terms of GDP rankings, here are the 10 wealthiest cities in the world today.
- 37 Comments » GGeronimo says:
- Tokyo, Japan. GDP: $1,520 billion.
- New York, USA. GDP: $1,210 billion.
- Los Angeles, USA. GDP: $789.7 billion.
- Seoul, South Korea. GDP: $779.3 billion.
- London, England. GDP: $731.2 billion.
- Paris, France.
- Osaka, Japan.
What’s the smallest city in the world?
The smallest city in the world by area is Vatican City with an area of 44 hectares (108.7 acre). It is a landlocked sovereign city state whose territory consists of a walled enclave within the city of Rome. It is officially called State of the Vatican City.
What is the most common city name?
Most Common City Names in the US
- Washington. With 88 different cities and towns throughout the country named Washington, this names takes 1st place.
- Springfield. Springfield comes in 2nd place with 41 different cities and towns sharing its name.
- Franklin. Number 3 on the list is Franklin.
What country has the most cities in the world?
Here are the 10 most populated cities in the world, as reported by Time.
- Shanghai, China.
- Mumbai, India.
- São Paulo, Brazil.
- Beijing, China.
- Mexico City, Mexico.
- Osaka, Japan.
- Cairo, Egypt.
- New York-Newark, United States.
Was Mexico City the largest city in the world?
Mexico City is ranked 12th largest in the world. Mexico’s capital has experienced a roller coaster ride in urban area rankings since the middle of the last century. In 1950, Mexico City ranked 17th in the world, according to United Nations estimates. By 2000, Mexico City was second in the world to only Tokyo Yokohama.
What are the best cities in the world?
The 30 best cities in the world is no ordinary listicle.
- Melbourne, Australia.
- Barcelona, Spain.
- Hong Kong, SAR China.
- London, England.
- Cape Town, South Africa.
- Paris, France. Paris of course is high up on the list.
- Sydney, Australia. To visit Sydney is to love Sydney.
- New York, USA. My hometown is the best city in the world.
What defines a major city?
Definition of city. 1a : an inhabited place of greater size, population, or importance than a town or village We spent the weekend in the city. b : an incorporated British town usually of major size or importance having the status of an episcopal see. c capitalized.
What are the top 10 metropolitan areas?
Top 10 Most Populous Metropolitan Areas: 2017
|2017 Rank||2016 Rank||Metropolitan Area|
|1||1||New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA|
|2||2||Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, CA|
|4||4||Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, TX|
3 more rows
What’s the biggest city in the world 2019?
The 10 Most Populous Cities in the World for 2019
- 8: Mumbai.
- 7: Dhaka.
- 6: Cairo.
- 5: Mexico City.
- 4: Sao Paulo.
- 3: Shanghai.
- 2: Delhi.
- 1: Tokyo. And the winner is: the most populous city in the world is the vibrant Japanese city of Osaka which has a staggering population of 37.4 million.
What is the most populated country in the world 2018?
The World: Population (2018) – Top 100+
|3.||United States of America||331,026,400|
96 more rows
Is London bigger than New York?
As of 2013, London and NYC had comparable populations. London’s stood at 8.3 million, while NYC stood at 8.4 million. London, however, has much more room for its inhabitants — it’s 138 square miles bigger than NYC. So it’s pretty safe to say that New York is way more crowded than London.
What are the 3 largest metropolitan areas in the US and Canada?
The 40 Largest Cities in North America
|Rank||Metropolitan Area||Metropolitan Population|
|2||New York City||20,182,305|
46 more rows
What are the top 10 fastest growing cities in America?
The fastest growing cities
- Crestview-Fort Walton Beach-Destin, Fla.
- San Antonio-New Braunfels, Texas.
- Boise City, Idaho.
- Auburn-Opelika, Ala.
- Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, Texas.
- Hilton Head Island-Bluffton-Beaufort, S.C.
- Bismarck, N.D.
- Odessa, Texas.
What are the five largest metropolitan areas in the United States?
With 20.32 million residents, the New York-Newark-Jersey City metropolitan area was the most populous in the United States in 2017. The Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, and Houston metropolitan areas rounded out the top five in the U.S.
What’s the smallest city in America?
What is the least populated town in the world?
Welcome to Buford, Wyoming — the smallest town in America, and at least tied for the smallest town in the world. Buford only has one resident: 60 year-old Don Sammons has been all alone in the southern Wyoming town on Interstate 80 since his son moved out over three years ago, according to Denver’s 9 News.
What is the least populated country?
Countries With The Smallest Populations
- Vatican City. With a population of fewer than 1,000 people, Vatican City has the smallest population of any country in the world.
- Other Small Populations.
- Least Populated Countries by Continent.
What’s the fastest growing county in the United States?
Among counties with a population of 20,000 or more, Williams County, N.D., was the fastest-growing county by percentage, increasing by 5.9 percent between 2017 and 2018 (from 33,395 to 35,350). The rapid growth Williams County, N.D., experienced was due mainly to net domestic migration (1,471) in 2018.
What is the fastest growing county in America?
Phoenix and Maricopa County were among the fastest-growing regions in the U.S. last year. That’s the takeaway from new data released Thursday by the U.S. Census Bureau, which finds the Phoenix metro added nearly 100,000 residents from July 1, 2017, to July 2018.
What are the largest metropolitan areas?
The 10 Largest Metro Areas by GDP
|#1||New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA||20.1 million|
|#2||Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, CA||13.3 million|
|#3||Chicago-Naperville-Elgin, IL-IN-WI||9.5 million|
|#4||Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, TX||7.2 million|
7 more rows
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”