According to worldatlas.com
View 3+ moreView 3+
What are the 10 largest countries in Europe?
10 Largest Countries In Europe
- Russia. Russia resides on both Europe and Asia.
- Ukraine. The Second largest country in Europe is Ukraine, which has an area of 603,628 km² (233,062 mi²) including Crimea, over which it is currently in dispute with Russia.
What are the top 3 biggest countries?
When all 10 of the world’s largest countries are taken together, they total 49% of the earth’s entire 149 million square kilometres of land.
- 7 – India.
- 6 – Australia.
- 5 – Brazil.
- 4 – People’s Republic of China.
- 3 – United States of America.
- 2 – Canada.
- 1 – Russia.
- 50 Largest Countries in the World By Area. Rank.
What are the 3 largest countries in Europe by population?
Population of Countries in Europe 2019
44 more rows
Which is the largest country in the world in 2018?
Largest Countries in the World by Area 2019
|4||United States||9,372,610 3,617,827|
75 more rows
What are the 10 major countries of the European Union?
Which countries belong to the EU?
- Czech Republic.
Who is bigger France or Germany?
France is about 2 times bigger than Germany. Germany is approximately 357,022 sq km, while France is approximately 551,500 sq km. For more details, see an in-depth comparison of France vs. Germany using our country comparison tool.
What are the top 100 largest countries?
The World – Top 100+ Countries by Area
|Rank||Country||Area (sq km)|
96 more rows
What are the 4 largest countries in the world?
The top ten largest countries, in square kilometers.
5 more rows
Which is the richest country in the world?
Top 10 Richest Countries in the World
- Kuwait. GDP per capita ($): 71,930.
- Norway. GDP per capita ($): 72,190.
- Ireland. GDP per capita ($): 75,790.
- Brunei Darussalam. GDP per capita ($): 77,700.
- Singapore. GDP per capita ($): 93,680.
- Luxembourg. GDP per capita ($):112,710.
- Macao. GDP per capita ($): 125,170.
- Qatar. GDP per capita ($): 129,360.
Which country has the lowest population in Europe?
The 10 Least Populated Countries Of Europe
6 more rows
What are the biggest and smallest countries in Europe?
Russia is the largest country in Europe, as well as the world.
- San Marino.
- Monaco. Monaco covers an area of 1.95 square kilometers, making it the second smallest nation in Europe.
- Vatican City. The smallest country in Europe is Vatican City, an enclave of the city of Rome in Italy.
What is the largest island in Europe?
LARGEST ISLANDS in EUROPE
- Great Britain – (88,787 sq miles) (229,957 sq km)
- Iceland – (39,769 sq miles) (103,000 sq km)
- Ireland – (33,342 sq miles) (83,766 sq km)
- West Spitsbergen – (15,200 sq miles) (39,368 sq km)
- Sicily – (9,807 sq miles) (25,400 sq km)
- Sardinia – (9,189 sq miles) (23,800 sq km)
What is the smallest country in the world 2018?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
- Vatican City – 0.44 km² The world’s smallest country is the Vatican, also known as the Holy See.
- Monaco – 2 km²
- Nauru – 21 km²
- Tuvalu – 26 km²
- San Marino – 61 km²
- Liechtenstein – 160 km²
- Marshall Islands – 181 km²
- Saint Kitts and Nevis – 261 km²
What’s the biggest city in the world 2018?
These Are The World’s Top-300 Most Populous Cities, 2018
- Shanghai, China. City population: 24,153,000.
- Beijing, China. City population: 18,590,000.
- Karachi, Pakistan (Islamic Republic of) City population: 18,000,000.
- Istanbul, Turkey. City population: 14,657,000.
- Dhaka, Bangladesh. City population: 14,543,000.
- Tokyo, Japan.
- Moscow, Russia.
- Manila, Philippines.
What are the 10 largest cities in the world 2018?
Top 10 Largest Cities in the World of 2018
- Tokyo – 37 million. The Greater Tokyo Area is the most populous metropolitan area in the world and also the largest urban agglomeration economy.
- Delhi – 25 million.
- Shanghai – 23 million.
- Mumbai – 20.7 million.
- Beijing – 19.5 million.
- Dhaka – 17 million.
- Karachi – 16.1 million.
- Istanbul – 14 million.
Is Croatia in the EU 2018?
The 2013 enlargement of the European Union saw Croatia join the European Union as its 28th member state on 1 July 2013. The country applied for EU membership in 2003, and the European Commission recommended making it an official candidate in early 2004.
Is Turkey in the EU 2018?
Turkey has been an applicant to accede to the EU since 1987, but since 2016 accession negotiations have stalled. On 26 June 2018, the EU’s General Affairs Council stated that “the Council notes that Turkey has been moving further away from the European Union.
What are the Schengen countries 2018?
Schengen Area Countries. The 26 Schengen countries are: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
Which is the biggest city in Europe?
Largest City Metro Populations In Europe
6 more rows
Which country is bigger in Europe?
List of European countries by area
46 more rows
What is the most famous country in Europe?
Top 10 Most Beautiful Countries in Europe
- Austria. Austria, the land of Mozart and waltz, is a medley of sparkling alpine lakes, majestic mountains, and elegant cities, with a rich cultural heritage and one of the highest living standards in the world.
What are the top 10 countries?
Top 10 Most Powerful Countries in the World 2019
- United States. The United States is the most powerful country in the world.
- Russia. Russia is the largest country in the world by area, entirely covering Northern Asia and the majority of Eastern Europe.
- China. China is the most populous nation in the world.
- United Kingdom.
What is the most beautiful country in the world?
10 of the Most Beautiful Countries in the World
- Switzerland. Switzerland is a lovely country with breathtaking scenery and natural environment.
- New Zealand.
- South Africa.
Which is the world’s smallest continent?
What will be the most powerful country in 2050?
In 2050, China is expected to be the world’s richest, and probably the most powerful, economy, with a GDP of $24.62 trillion and a per capita income of $17,759.
- Canada. Entree Destinations.
- United Kingdom.
- United States.
What country is the poorest?
One of the factors used to determine the richest and poorest countries in the world is by taking a look at each nation’s gross domestic product per capita.
Poorest Countries In Africa 2019
- Central African Republic.
- Democratic Republic of the Congo.
What’s the richest country in the world 2018?
The 20 Richest Countries in the World Right Now Might Surprise You
- United Arab Emirates.
- Luxembourg. Luxembourg has a GDP (PPP) per capita of $112,710.
- Qatar. Qatar has a GDP (PPP) per capita of $129,360, making its citizens the richest in the world.
What are the 5 largest Greek islands?
The 5 Best Greek Islands
- Santorini. My favorite island in Greece is Santorini.
- Mykonos. The best nightlife and clubbing in Greece is found on Mykonos.
- Crete. The largest Greek island and rich with beaches, historical sights, hikes, and small cities.
- Naxos. The most family-friendly island in Greece is Naxos.
Which is largest island in the world?
What is the 2nd largest island in the world?
The Top Ten: Largest Islands of the World
6 more rows
Photo in the article by “Foreign Press Centers – State Department”