- 1 What was the largest fish that ever lived?
- 2 What is world’s largest fish?
- 3 What is the biggest fish in the ocean?
- 4 What did Leedsichthys eat?
- 5 What is the largest extinct animal?
- 6 What is the biggest creature ever?
- 7 Which is bigger a megalodon or a whale shark?
- 8 What is the heaviest bird in the world?
- 9 Which is the dangerous fish in the world?
- 10 What fish is bigger than a whale?
- 11 What’s the smallest fish in the world?
- 12 What is the largest freshwater fish in the world?
- 13 What was the largest bear that ever lived?
- 14 Is Leedsichthys real?
- 15 What is the largest fish in the world that could be found in the Philippines?
- 16 Is a megalodon bigger than a blue whale?
- 17 What is the biggest spider that ever existed?
- 18 What’s the largest prehistoric animal?
- 19 Are blue whales bigger than dinosaurs?
- 20 Was there anything bigger than a blue whale?
- 21 What is the deadliest animal in the world?
- 22 What is the most powerful fish in the world?
- 23 Do piranha eat people?
- 24 Will fish eat humans?
- 25 What is the biggest fish in the Mississippi River?
- 26 What is the largest fish ever?
- 27 What is the biggest arapaima in the world?
What was the largest fish that ever lived?
What is world’s largest fish?
What is the biggest fish in the ocean?
What did Leedsichthys eat?
Leedsichthys was a huge bony, plankton-eating fish that lived in the Middle Jurassic period around 165 million years ago. A number of skeletal remains of the creature have been uncovered over the years but haven’t preserved well, meaning no-one was really sure just how large the fish could grow.
What is the largest extinct animal?
World’s Largest Extinct Animal
- Argentinosaurus. The Argentinosaurus is arguably the largest dinosaur that ever lived.
- Seismosaurus. The longest dinosaur called the Seismosaurus measured between 130 and 170 feet in length and is arguably one of the longest animals.
- Shonisaurus sikanniensis.
- Dromornis Stirtoni.
What is the biggest creature ever?
Which is bigger a megalodon or a whale shark?
The Megalodon has been compared to the whale shark (around 12.65 metres, or close to 41.50 feet) and the scientific community has determined that Megalodon was larger, based on both weight and length. Megalodon was also far bigger than the great white shark, which would only be around half of Megalodon’s size.
What is the heaviest bird in the world?
Which is the dangerous fish in the world?
Top 10 Most Dangerous Fish In The World
- The Puffer Fish. The puffer, also called a swellfish or blowfish, is famous for its ability to inflate when disturbed or threatened.
- The Red Lionfish.
- The Great White Shark.
- The Moray Eel.
- The Tigerfish.
- Electric Eel.
- The Box Jellyfish.
What fish is bigger than a whale?
This ancient fish was bigger than a whale shark—and faster than scientists ever imagined. Scientists have long struggled to explain why bony fishes are so small: The heaviest—the ocean sunfish—is just 2.3 metric tons, but cartilaginous fishes like whale sharks can weigh up to 34 metric tons.
What’s the smallest fish in the world?
What is the largest freshwater fish in the world?
The beluga sturgeon in Russia is the largest freshwater fish in the world. The white sturgeon is the largest freshwater fish in North America. White sturgeon have been reported to reach lengths of 15-20 feet and weights of nearly one ton. The second largest freshwater fish in North America is the alligator gar.
What was the largest bear that ever lived?
Is Leedsichthys real?
Leedsichthys. Leedsichthys is a giant member of the Pachycormidae, an extinct group of Mesozoic ray-finned fish that lived in the oceans of the Middle Jurassic period. The first remains of Leedsichthys were identified in the nineteenth century.
What is the largest fish in the world that could be found in the Philippines?
One such species is the humphead wrasse (Cheilinus undulatus). Also known as the Napoleon wrasse, it is one of the largest fish species that can be found on coral reefs. Now listed as endangered by the IUCN, they can grow up to 6 feet long.
Is a megalodon bigger than a blue whale?
Monster-size sharks in The Meg reach lengths of 20 to 25 meters (66 to 82 feet). That’s massive, although a tad smaller than the longest known blue whales. Scientists have made estimates of how big C. megalodon got, based on the size of their fossil teeth. Even the largest reached only 18 meters (about 60 feet).
What is the biggest spider that ever existed?
What’s the largest prehistoric animal?
Largest extinct animals
- However, the largest fossil whales were baleen whales (plankton feeders) from the Pliocene and Pleistocene Epochs.
- The largest perissodactyl, and land mammal, of all time was Paraceratherium.
Are blue whales bigger than dinosaurs?
Now paleontologists have announced a species proposed to be most massive dinosaur ever discovered: an enormous herbivore estimated at over 120 feet long and weighing over 70 tons—or longer than a blue whale and heavier than a dozen African elephants.
Was there anything bigger than a blue whale?
As the biggest animal ever to have lived, the blue whale (Balaenoptera musculus) seemingly obliterates any other animal’s chances at the length title. Even a new-born blue whale is longer than a giant reticulated python. The largest blue whales are found in the southern hemisphere.
What is the deadliest animal in the world?
Here, the ten most dangerous animals in the world.
- Humans. Surprised?
- Tsetse Fly.
- Saltwater Crocodile.
- Black Mamba.
- Box Jellyfish.
- Golden Poison Dart Frog.
What is the most powerful fish in the world?
10 of the World’s Most Dangerous Fish
- Puffer. puffer fish Photos.com/Thinkstock.
- Red Lionfish. red lionfishRed lionfish (Pterois volitans).
- Candiru. candiru © Morphart Creation/COMEO—Shutterstock.
- Great White Shark. great white sharkGreat white shark (Carcharodon carcharias).
- Moray Eel.
Do piranha eat people?
Some piranhas do occasionally eat small mammals, but as with humans, it’s usually when the unfortunate animal is already dead or gravely injured. A typical piranha diet consists of insects, fish, crustaceans, worms, carrion, seeds and other plant material.
Will fish eat humans?
Anacondas feed on fish, birds, reptiles, and small mammals, though they have been known to take the occasional domestic animal. The big snakes can be dangerous to people, though reports of deliberate predation are very rare. There are reports of the big animals overturning boats, though they rarely attack people.
What is the biggest fish in the Mississippi River?
The Mississippi River is home to one of the largest species of freshwater fish in the state, blue catfish. In fact, the 95-pound state record blue cat was caught in the Mississippi River, and in Louisiana it has produced three blue cats in excess of 100 pounds including the state record of 114 pounds.
What is the largest fish ever?
What is the biggest arapaima in the world?
Also known as the paiche or the pirarucu, the arapaima is an air-breathing fish that plies the rain forest rivers of South America’s Amazon Basin and nearby lakes and swamps. One of the world’s largest freshwater fish, these giants can reach 9 feet (2.75 meters) long and weigh up to 440 pounds (200 kilograms).
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”