Largest Cities In Africa By Population
|Rank||Largest Cities In Africa||Estimated Metro Population|
|1||Lagos, Nigeria||21.0 million people|
|2||Cairo, Egypt||20.4 million people|
|3||Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo||13.3 million people|
|4||Luanda, Angola||6.5 million people|
11 more rows
What is the largest country in Africa by population?
The 10 Most Populated Countries in Africa
- Nigeria – 181,563,000. Nigeria is the most populated country in Africa.
- Ethiopia – 103,764,000.
- Egypt – 89,125,000.
- Democratic Republic of the Congo – 77,267,000.
- South Africa – 54,957,000.
- Tanzania – 51,046,000.
- Kenya – 45,533,000.
- Sudan – 40,235,000.
Where is the largest city in Africa?
Is Ibadan the largest city in Africa?
Ibadan – Largest City in West Africa. Ibadan is the capital and most populous city of Oyo State, Nigeria. With a population of over 3 million, it is the third most populous city in Nigeria after Lagos and Kano; it is the country’s largest city by geographical area.
What is the most popular city in Africa?
Most Visited Cities in Africa
- Johannesburg. Johannesburg is the biggest city in South Africa and the most visited city in Africa.
- Cape Town. Cape Town is considered the second most popular tourist destination in Africa with 1.6 million tourists visiting the city in 2014.
- Cairo. Cairo is one of the most visited cities in the Northern part of Africa.
Which country is the richest in Africa?
Currently, Equatorial Guinea is the richest country in Africa, with a per capita income of $34,865.
- Namibia – $11,528. Namibia can be found in Southern Africa.
- Tunisia – $11,987.
- Egypt – $12,994.
- South Africa – $13,403.
- Algeria – $15,000.
- Botswana – $18,146.
- Gabon – $19,266.
- Mauritius – $21,628.
What country are the 3 largest cities in Africa?
15 Biggest Cities In Africa
- Lagos, Nigeria – 21 million.
- Cairo, Egypt – 20.4 million. Cairo is Egypt’s largest city and its capital.
- Kinshasa, DR Congo – 13.3 million.
- Luanda, Angola – 6.5 million.
- Nairobi, Kenya – 3.5 million People.
- Mogadishu, Somalia – 2.1 million people.
- Abidjan, Ivory Coast – 4.707 million.
- Alexandria, Egypt – 4.7 million.
Which is the richest city in Africa?
GALLERY: The wealthiest cities in Africa
- Accra Total city wealth US$38 billion.
- Johannesburg Total city wealth: US$276 billion.
- Cape Town Total city wealth US$155 billion.
- Cairo Tota city wealth: US$140 billion.
- Lagos Total city wealth: US$108 billion.
- Durban Total city wealth: US$55 billion.
- Nairobi Total city wealth US$54 billion.
Does Africa have big cities?
Cities In Africa by Population 2019. Nigeria’s capital city of Lagos is the largest city in Africa, with a minimum population of nine million (some estimates say the population is more than twice that number) – it is also one of the fastest-growing cities in the world, so the number is sure to increase.
What is the most common language in Africa?
It is also worth noting that most of the countries that speak Arabic in Africa are have Islam as the majority religion. Swahili or Kiswahili is the second most popularly spoken language on the Continent. This is a Bantu language that is spoken as the first language among the Swahili people of East Africa.
What is the nicest city in Africa?
Here are the 15 best cities to live in Africa:
- Johannesburg, South Africa. Johannesburg is one of the wealthiest modern cities in Africa; it has a lot of investment and career opportunities.
- Windhoek, Namibia.
- Tunis, Tunisia.
- Nairobi, Kenya.
- Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Cape Town, South Africa.
- Kigali, Rwanda.
- Kumasi, Ghana.
What is the most beautiful city in Africa?
What is the most beautiful city in Africa? Cape Town is the Los Angeles of South Africa, which is located near Johannesburg – the local New York. The city is bright, beautiful and majestic.
What is the richest city in Africa?
It’s the commercial capital of South Africa and the wider region.
- Cairo (Egypt): $140 billion.
- Lagos (Nigeria): $108 billion.
- Durban (South Africa): $55 billion.
- Nairobi (Kenya): $54 billion.
- Luanda (Angola): $49 billion.
- Pretoria (South Africa): $48 billion.
- Casablanca (Morocco): $42 billion.
- Accra (Ghana): $38 billion.
Photo in the article by “Wikipedia”