What is the largest freshwater lake in Australia?
The largest lake in Australia is Lake Eyre, which is found in the state of South Australia.
Australia’s Largest Lakes
- Lake Eyre – 9,500 sq km.
- Lake Torrens – 5,745 sq km.
- Lake Carnegie – 5,714 sq km.
- Lake Mackay – 3,494 sq km.
- Lake Frome – 2,596 sq km.
Which is the largest salt lake in the world?
What is the largest man made lake in Australia?
Lake Argyle is a majestic man made waterway, several times larger than Sydney Harbour. In fact, it is Australia’s second largest (Lake Gordon/Lake Pedder, Tasmania is the largest) artificial lake by area. The damming of the Ord River was completed in 1972 however this is not just another dam.
What is the biggest lake in the southern hemisphere?
What is the Largest Lake in the World?
- Caspian Sea – 371,000 Square Kilometers.
- Lake Superior – 82,414 Square Kilometers.
- Lake Victoria – 69,485 Square Kilometers.
- Lake Huron – 59,596 Square Kilometers.
- Lake Michigan – 58,016 Square Kilometers.
- Lake Tanganyika – 32,893 Square Kilometers.
- Lake Baikal – 31,500 Square Kilometers.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”