Here are some examples of the longest words by category.
- METHIONYLTHREONYLTHREONYGLUTAMINYLARGINYL …
- LOPADOTEMACHOSELACHOGALEOKRANIOLEIPSAN …P TERYGON.
- PARASTRATIOSPHECOMYIA STRATIOSPHECOMYIOIDES.
What is the most difficult word to spell?
23 difficult words to spell
- weird (wierd) Breaking everyone’s favourite spelling rule – ‘i’ before ‘e’ except after ‘c’ – the word weird is, well, weird.
- accommodate (acommodate, accomodate)
- handkerchief (hankerchief)
- indict (indite)
- cemetery (cemetary)
- conscience (conscence, conscious)
- rhythm (rythm, rhythym, etc.)
- playwright (playwrite)
What are the 5 longest words?
The longest words in Oxford Dictionaries are:
- antidisestablishmentarianism – opposition to the disestablishment of the Church of England – 28 letters.
- floccinaucinihilipilification – the estimation of something as worthless – 29 letters.
- pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis – a supposed lung disease – 45 letters.
What are the 10 longest words in English?
10 Longest Words In The English Language
- Antidisestablishmentarianism (28 letters)
- Floccinaucinihilipilification (29 letters)
- Pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism (30 letters)
- Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (34 letters)
- Hepaticocholangiocholecystenterostomies (39 letters)
- Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis (45 letters)
How long is the longest word in the world?
The longest word in English has 189,819 letters and would take you three and a half hours to pronounce correctly. Seriously. It’s the chemical name of Titin (or connectin), a giant protein “that functions as a molecular spring which is responsible for the passive elasticity of muscle.”
What’s the hardest word to say?
The 10 hardest English words to pronounce, according to Reddit
- Anemone. Pronunciation: Uh-nem-uh-nee.
- Isthmus. Pronunciation: Is-muss.
- Sixth. Pronunciation: Siks.
- Penguin. Pronunciation: Pen-gwen.
- Colonel. Pronunciation: Ker-nal.
- Otorhinolaryngologist. Pronunciation: Oto-rhino-laryng-ologist.
- Rural. Pronunciation: Rurr-rol (the “rurr” syllable rhymes with “purr”)
What is the hardest word to spell in hangman?
The hardest word to guess in hangman, according to science, is: Jazz.
What’s the shortest word in the world?
Eunoia, at six letters long, is the shortest word in the English language that contains all five main vowels. Seven letter words with this property include adoulie, douleia, eucosia, eulogia, eunomia, eutopia, miaoued, moineau, sequoia, and suoidea. (The scientific name iouea is a genus of Cretaceous fossil sponges.)
Is Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious a real word?
“Obnoxious” is an ugly word so we said “atrocious,” that’s very British. The word supercalifragilisticexpialidocious in Mary Poppins is said to be simply a word used as “something to say when you have nothing to say,” but the mouthful of nonsensical syllables certainly has brought cheer to audiences for decades.
What’s the biggest word in the world?
The longest word in any of the major English language dictionaries is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis, a word that refers to a lung disease contracted from the inhalation of very fine silica particles, specifically from a volcano; medically, it is the same as silicosis.
What is the longest English word that doesn’t repeat a letter?
What is the longest English word which doesn’t repeat a letter? There are two 15-letter words that meet this criterion: uncopyrightable, referring to something for which it is not possible to secure copyright, and dermatoglyphics, meaning ‘the study of skin markings’.
What is the most misspelled word in the world?
Here are the top 10 most misspelled words in the English language, according to the Oxford Dictionary:
- Publically. Whether you use it privately or publicly, this is one you want to make sure is correct.
Is there a word with all 26 letters?
I doubt there is a single word in the English language that includes all 26 letters, but the following sentence does: The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. An individual character from an alphabet is a “letter”.
What’s the longest last name?
The longest name used by anyone is Adolph Blaine Charles David Earl Frederick Gerald Hubert Irvin John Kenneth Lloyd Martin Nero Oliver Paul Quincy Randolph Sherman Thomas Uncas Victor William Xerxes Yancy Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorff, Senior, who was born at Bergedorf, near Hamburg, Germany, on 29 Feb. 1904.
What is the hardest language to learn?
The Hardest Languages For English Speakers
- Mandarin Chinese. Interestingly, the hardest language to learn is also the most widely spoken native language in the world.
What is the shortest sentence that uses all 26 letters?
Everybody knows one or two pangrams (sentences that use every letter of the alphabet). You’ve probably seen some of these before: The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog. Pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs.
What is the most difficult word in the world?
Before we get too deep into the search for the world’s most difficult word to pronounce, we’ll have to start with a bit of soul-searching around that question.
The Most Difficult English Word To Pronounce
What is the weirdest word in the world?
Have a look at these weird English words and try them out as you speak with people:
- Poppycock (ˈpɒpɪkɒk)
- Discombobulate (ˌdɪskəmˈbɒbjʊleɪt)
- Flummox (ˈflʌməks)
- Curmudgeon (kəːˈmʌdʒ(ə)n)
- Lackadaisical (ˌlakəˈdeɪzɪk(ə)l)
- Woebegone (ˈwəʊbɪɡɒn)
- Lollygag (ˈlɒlɪɡaɡ)
- Frankenfood (ˈfraŋk(ə)nfuːd)
What is the hardest word to say in Spanish?
How to Handle the Top 10 Hardest Words to Pronounce in Spanish
- Desarrolladores (Developers)
- Difícil, Fácil (Difficult, Easy)
- Actualmente, Desafortunadamente, Probablemente (Currently, Unfortunately, Probably)
- Verde, Tarde (Green, Afternoon)
- Estadística (Statistics)
- Huevos revueltos (Scrambled eggs)
- Idea (Idea)
- Aeropuerto (Airport)
Are there any words without vowels?
Words with no vowels. Dr., nth (as in “to the nth degree”), and TV also do not contain any vowel symbols, but they, like cwm and crwth, do contain vowel sounds. Shh, psst, and mm-hmm or mmk do not have vowels, either vowel symbols or vowel sounds. There is some controversy whether they are in fact “words,” however.
What is the word in hangman?
Hangman is a paper and pencil guessing game for two or more players. One player thinks of a word, phrase or sentence and the other(s) tries to guess it by suggesting letters or numbers, within a certain number of guesses.
What word has the least amount of vowels?
Longest Words Without Vowels which Can’t Be Used for Scrabble
- TWYNDYLLYNGS. TWYNDYLLYNGS is actually a Welsh word, but it’s listed as appearing in several dictionaries, so it can be counted as an example of a longest word without vowels.
How do you pronounce Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia?
How to Pronounce the Fear of Long Words
- Know the word. It is hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia.
- Break the word into up into its root words. Hippopoto-monstro-sesuiquipedalio-phobia.
- Break the word up into easy to pronounce pieces.
- Start with Hippo.
- Follow with Poto.
- Next comes Monstro.
- Then there is Sesqui.
- Say Pedalio.
Is Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious in Mary Poppins returns?
“Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious” Isn’t In ‘Mary Poppins Returns’ For A Good Reason. According to the Mary Poppins Returns filmmakers, “supercalifragilisticexpialidocious” is so closely linked with the original 1964 film that they had no desire to recreate it in their own story.
Is the word supercalifragilisticexpialidocious copyrighted?
According to the Oxford English Dictionary, the word has now come to mean an expression of excited approval. But it says there was an earlier form of the word, supercalafajalistickespialadojus, first documented in a song in 1949.
What is the longest piece of English literature?
Thus begins the longest work of fiction ever written. Nope, it’s not Proust’s À la recherche du temps perdu (In Search of Lost Time). It’s The Subspace Emissary’s Worlds Conquest, and it’s a Super Smash Bros. WIP (work-in-progress) on fanfiction.net. As of July, the fic is 3,548,615 words long.
Who has the longest name in the world?
Hubert Wolfstern, Hubert B. Wolfe + 988, Sr., Hubert Blaine Wolfe+585, Sr., and Hubert Blaine Wolfe+590, Sr., among others) is the abbreviated name of a typesetter who has held the record for the longest personal name ever used.
|Hubert Blaine Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorff Sr.|
7 more rows
How many letters does Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious have?
Photo in the article by “A center for Kulintang”