List of African countries by area
|1||Algeria||2,381,741 km2 (919,595 sq mi)|
|2||Democratic Republic of the Congo||2,344,858 km2 (905,355 sq mi)|
|3||Sudan||1,861,484 km2 (718,723 sq mi)|
|4||Libya||1,759,540 km2 (679,362 sq mi)|
50 more rows
Which African country is the largest?
What are the 10 largest countries in Africa?
Top 10 Largest African Countries
- 10) Ethiopia (1,104,300 square kilometers)
- 9) South Africa (1,219,090 square kilometers)
- Mali (1,240,192 square kilometers)
- 7) Angola (1,246,700 square kilometers)
- 6) Niger (1,267,000 square kilometers)
- 4) Libya (1,759,540 square kilometers)
- 2) Democratic Republic of the Congo (2,344,858 square kilometers)
What are the largest countries by land size?
When all 10 of the world’s largest countries are taken together, they total 49% of the earth’s entire 149 million square kilometres of land.
- 7 – India.
- 6 – Australia.
- 5 – Brazil.
- 4 – People’s Republic of China.
- 3 – United States of America.
- 2 – Canada.
- 1 – Russia.
- 50 Largest Countries in the World By Area. Rank.
Which is the smallest country in Africa?
What is the richest country in Africa?
Is Egypt an African country?
The sovereign state of Egypt is a transcontinental country considered to be a regional power in North Africa, the Middle East and the Muslim world, and a middle power worldwide. Egypt is a founding member of the United Nations, Non-Aligned Movement, Arab League, African Union, and Organisation of Islamic Cooperation.
Which African country is around 90% desert?
|african nation that is over 90% desert|
|African country that’s more than 90% desert|
|Land that’s more than 90% desert|
41 more rows
Which African country has the highest population?
The 10 Most Populated Countries in Africa
- Nigeria – 181,563,000. Nigeria is the most populated country in Africa.
- Ethiopia – 103,764,000.
- Egypt – 89,125,000.
- Democratic Republic of the Congo – 77,267,000.
- South Africa – 54,957,000.
- Tanzania – 51,046,000.
- Kenya – 45,533,000.
- Sudan – 40,235,000.
Which is bigger Russia or Africa?
Russia is 17.1 million square kilometres and Africa is 30.37 million square kilometres. So Africa is almost double the size of Russia. That’s just in area. Africa is the only continent that’s pretty much centred around the equator.
What is the most beautiful country in the world?
10 of the Most Beautiful Countries in the World
- Switzerland. Switzerland is a lovely country with breathtaking scenery and natural environment.
- New Zealand.
- South Africa.
What is the richest country in the world?
Another common characteristic of the wealthiest nations is all of the 25 richest countries have life expectancies at birth above the world average of 72 years.
- Qatar. • GNI per capita: $128,060.
- Singapore. • GNI per capita: $90,570.
- Brunei Darussalam.
- United Arab Emirates.
- Hong Kong SAR.
What is the friendliest country in the world?
For the first time ever in the Expat Insider survey, Portugal claims the top position as the country with the friendliest attitude towards foreign residents — relegating Taiwan and Mexico to second and third place.
The Top 10 Most Welcoming Countries
- Costa Rica.
Is Nigeria the biggest country in Africa?
Largest Country in Africa By Population. Algeria may have the highest land size and area, but it is definitely not the largest when it comes to population. Following Nigeria is Ethiopia with about 103 million as its population.
What is the least populated country in Africa?
Is South Africa bigger than Nigeria in land mass?
South Africa is around the same size as Nigeria. Nigeria is approximately 923,768 sq km, while South Africa is approximately 1,219,090 sq km. We have positioned the outline of Nigeria near the middle of South Africa.
Who is the richest country in Africa 2018?
Richest countries in Africa in 2018
- Cape Verde.
- Republic of the Congo.
- Mauritania. This country primarily depends on livestock and agriculture, which is why it reached the high place in our richest country in Africa rating.
Which country will be the richest in 2050?
- 2 China – $25.33 trillion. The richest country in the world in 2050 is predicted to be China.
- 3 United States – $22.27 trillion.
- 4 India – $8.17 trillion.
- 5 Japan – $6.43 trillion.
- 6 Germany – $3.71 trillion.
- 7 United Kingdom – $3.58 trillion.
- 8 Brazil – $2.96 trillion.
- 9 Mexico – $2.81 trillion.
What is the richest country in Africa in 2017?
Top 10 wealthiest African countries according to GDP
- Nigeria. With a GDP of $376.284bn in 2017, Nigeria has the highest GDP in Africa on top of having the largest population.
- South Africa. South Africa has the second largest economy in Africa, after Nigeria, with a GDP of $349.299bn.
Why is Egypt an African country?
Officially the Arab Republic of Egypt, Egypt is in North Africa. Its Sinai Peninsula acts as a land bridge in Southwest Asia. This makes Egypt a transcontinental country. Egypt is a major power in Africa, the Mediterranean, and the Islamic world.
Is Asia connected to Africa?
Asia is separated from North America to the northeast by the Bering Strait and from Australia to the southeast by the seas and straits connecting the Indian and Pacific oceans. The Isthmus of Suez unites Asia with Africa, and it is generally agreed that the Suez Canal forms the border between them.
Is Egypt part of Middle East or Africa?
The Middle East is a transcontinental region centered on Western Asia, Turkey (both Asian and European), and Egypt (which is mostly in North Africa). Saudi Arabia is geographically the largest Middle Eastern nation while Bahrain is the smallest.
Which African country has the lowest population?
The 10 Least Populated Countries in Africa
|2||Sao Tome and Principe||194,000|
6 more rows
Which country is the most popular in Africa?
Top Ten Most Famous African Countries
- 1 Kenya Kenya, officially the Republic of Kenya, is a country in Africa and a founding member of the East African Community.
- 2 Nigeria Nigeria, an African country on the Gulf of Guinea, has many natural landmarks and wildlife reserves.
How many countries are there in Africa 2018?
Is India bigger than Africa?
Africa is bigger than China, India, the contiguous U.S. and most of Europe—combined! Look at the usual flat map of the world and it appears that Greenland is nearly as big as Africa. But it’s not even close. Africa is 14 times larger.
Is Russia bigger than Africa in land mass?
But Canada, Russia, the United States and Europe are greatly enlarged. The distortion is largest near the poles: Greenland, which looks about the same size as the whole of Africa on the Mercator, is a classic example. In truth, it is no bigger than the Democratic Republic of Congo.
How many times can Africa fit into Russia?
You can see from this map created by Kai Krause, that Africa is large. If you combine the USA, China, India, Europe and Japan – they all fit into the continent of Africa. The US can fit comfortably no less than three times. The UK can fit into Africa over 120 times.
Photo in the article by “Wikipedia”