What country are the 3 largest cities in Africa?
15 Biggest Cities In Africa
- Lagos, Nigeria – 21 million.
- Cairo, Egypt – 20.4 million. Cairo is Egypt’s largest city and its capital.
- Kinshasa, DR Congo – 13.3 million.
- Luanda, Angola – 6.5 million.
- Nairobi, Kenya – 3.5 million People.
- Mogadishu, Somalia – 2.1 million people.
- Abidjan, Ivory Coast – 4.707 million.
- Alexandria, Egypt – 4.7 million.
What is the most largest city in Africa?
Is Ibadan the largest city in Africa?
Ibadan – Largest City in West Africa. Ibadan is the capital and most populous city of Oyo State, Nigeria. With a population of over 3 million, it is the third most populous city in Nigeria after Lagos and Kano; it is the country’s largest city by geographical area.
Which is the richest city in Africa?
GALLERY: The wealthiest cities in Africa
- Accra Total city wealth US$38 billion.
- Johannesburg Total city wealth: US$276 billion.
- Cape Town Total city wealth US$155 billion.
- Cairo Tota city wealth: US$140 billion.
- Lagos Total city wealth: US$108 billion.
- Durban Total city wealth: US$55 billion.
- Nairobi Total city wealth US$54 billion.
What is the wealthiest country in Africa?
Algeria – $15,000. Algeria, the largest country in Africa by land area, is located in the Northern part of the continent. It is the 6th richest country in Africa with a GDP per capita of $15,000. The country has a population of over 40 million.
What is the most common language in Africa?
It is also worth noting that most of the countries that speak Arabic in Africa are have Islam as the majority religion. Swahili or Kiswahili is the second most popularly spoken language on the Continent. This is a Bantu language that is spoken as the first language among the Swahili people of East Africa.
What is the smallest city in Africa?
The smallest nation in continental mainland of Africa is The Gambia. The smallest nations of Africa are also some of the least populated African countries. Seychelles, the smallest country by area (451 square km), is also the least populated sovereign African nation with a population of about 94,228 people.
What is the largest island in Africa?
What is the biggest city in the world?
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
- Shanghai – 24.1 million. Shanghai’s population of 24.1 million makes it the top populous city proper not only in Asia but in the world as well.
- Beijing – 18.5 million.
- Karachi – 18 million.
- Istanbul – 14.6 million.
- Dhaka – 14.5.
- Tokyo – 13.6 million.
- Moscow – 13.1 million.
- Manila – 12.8 million.
Which state is largest in Africa?
Largest Countries in Africa by Area 2019
53 more rows
Which country is the largest in Africa?
Which state is the largest city in Africa by population?
Lagos city is Nigeria’s largest city and the most populous city in Africa with a population of over 21 million.
Which is the fastest growing city in Africa?
Nairobi is the second fastest growing city in Africa, a new report by the African Development Bank shows. The financial institution’s Tracking Africa’s Progress report, released on Monday, places the Kenyan capital behind Dar es Salaam as the continent’s fastest growing cities.
Which country is most beautiful country in Africa?
Top 20 Most Beautiful African Countries
- EGYPT. Egypt is another beautiful country in Africa.
- MOROCCO. Morroco is in the North of Africa bordering the Atlantic Ocean and Mediterranean Sea.
- KENYA. Kenya is among the popular countries in Africa and it is well known for its beauty and development.
- IVORY COAST.
What is the poorest city in Africa?
Poorest Countries In Africa
- Central African Republic – $681 per year.
- Democratic Republic of the Congo – $785 per year.
- Burundi – $808 per year.
- Liberia – $867 per year.
- Niger – $1,153 per year.
- Malawi – $1,172 per year.
- Mozambique – $1,266 per year.
- Eritrea – $1,434 per year.
Which country is the poorest in Africa 2018?
One of the factors used to determine the richest and poorest countries in the world is by taking a look at each nation’s gross domestic product per capita.
Poorest Countries In Africa 2019
- Central African Republic.
- Democratic Republic of the Congo.
Who is the richest country in Africa 2018?
Richest countries in Africa in 2018
- Cape Verde.
- Republic of the Congo.
- Mauritania. This country primarily depends on livestock and agriculture, which is why it reached the high place in our richest country in Africa rating.
What is the richest country in Africa in 2017?
Top 10 wealthiest African countries according to GDP
- Nigeria. With a GDP of $376.284bn in 2017, Nigeria has the highest GDP in Africa on top of having the largest population.
- South Africa. South Africa has the second largest economy in Africa, after Nigeria, with a GDP of $349.299bn.
Which African language is easiest to learn?
Although African in nature, its origins are much more multi-cultural. The Swahili language is heavily influenced by Arabic and Indo-European languages such as Portuguese, German, English and French. Learning Swahili is actually fairly easy as it has simple grammar structures and fairly easy to remember vocabulary.
What is the oldest language in Africa?
Ancient African writing is the oldest system of writing in the world, pre-dating European, Greek, by at least 2000 years respectively. Nsibidi and most other written African languages are known to have developed outside Arab, or European influences.
What African countries speak Swahili?
Swahili is a Bantu language spoken in Tanzania, Burundi, Congo (Kinshasa) Kenya, Mayotte, Mozambique, Oman, Rwanda, Somalia, South Africa, Uganda, UAE and the USA. Around 5 million people speak Swahili as a native language, and a further 135 million speak is as a second language.
What is the richest city in the world?
In terms of GDP rankings, here are the 10 wealthiest cities in the world today.
- 37 Comments » GGeronimo says:
- Tokyo, Japan. GDP: $1,520 billion.
- New York, USA. GDP: $1,210 billion.
- Los Angeles, USA. GDP: $789.7 billion.
- Seoul, South Korea. GDP: $779.3 billion.
- London, England. GDP: $731.2 billion.
- Paris, France.
- Osaka, Japan.
What’s the biggest city in the world 2018?
These Are The World’s Top-300 Most Populous Cities, 2018
- Shanghai, China. City population: 24,153,000.
- Beijing, China. City population: 18,590,000.
- Karachi, Pakistan (Islamic Republic of) City population: 18,000,000.
- Istanbul, Turkey. City population: 14,657,000.
- Dhaka, Bangladesh. City population: 14,543,000.
- Tokyo, Japan.
- Moscow, Russia.
- Manila, Philippines.
What’s the smallest city in the world?
The smallest city in the world by area is Vatican City with an area of 44 hectares (108.7 acre). It is a landlocked sovereign city state whose territory consists of a walled enclave within the city of Rome. It is officially called State of the Vatican City.
What is the cleanest city in Africa?
The cleanest city in Africa in 2018
- Tunisia (Tunisia)
- Gaborone (Botswana)
- Nairobi (Kenya)
- Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Cape Town (South Africa)
- Libreville (Gabon)
- Dar es Salaam (Tanzania)
- Kumasi (Ghana) Kumasi is the capital of the Ashanti region in the Republic of Ghana.
What is the nicest city in Africa?
Here are the 15 best cities to live in Africa:
- Johannesburg, South Africa. Johannesburg is one of the wealthiest modern cities in Africa; it has a lot of investment and career opportunities.
- Windhoek, Namibia.
- Tunis, Tunisia.
- Nairobi, Kenya.
- Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Cape Town, South Africa.
- Kigali, Rwanda.
- Kumasi, Ghana.
What is the most advanced city in Africa?
Dar Es Salaam is the capital of Tanzania and like the name goes, one of the most peaceful city in Africa. But much more than being peaceful, Dar Es Salaam is among the most developed cities in Africa one of the economic hub of the continent.
Photo in the article by “United States Department of State”