Which Country Has the Most Islands?
- Sweden – 221,800. Sweden has an estimated total of 221,800 islands, the majority of which are not inhabited.
- Finland – 188,000.
- Norway – 55,000.
- Canada – 52,455.
- Indonesia – 17,508.
- Australia – 8,222.
- The Philippines – 7,107.
- Japan – 6,853.
What country has more than 6852 islands?
Japan has 6,852 islands, the 4 biggest islands are Hokkaido, Honshu, Shikoku, and Kyushu. Solomon or Salomo is an archipelagic country in southern Pacific Ocean, or exactly it is located in the east of Papua New Guinea and belongs to its commonwealth states.
How many island countries are there in the world?
There are 195 countries in the world today. This total comprises 193 countries that are member states of the United Nations and 2 countries that are non-member observer states: the Holy See and the State of Palestine.
Which is the largest island country in the world?
LARGEST ISLAND COUNTRIES
- Indonesia – (735,358 sq miles) (1,904,569 sq km)
- Madagascar – (226,917 sq miles) (587,713 sq km)
- Papua New Guinea – (178,704 sq miles) (462,840 sq km)
- Japan – (143,939 sq miles) (372,801 sq km)
- Malaysia – (127,320 sq miles) (329,758 sq km)
- Philippines – (115,831 sq miles) (300,000 sq km)
Which continent has most islands?
Did you know?
- There are seven continents: Europe, Asia, Africa, Oceania, North America, South America and Antarctica.
- Asia is the largest continent, and makes up one-third of the land on the Earth’s surface.
- Africa is the second largest continent.
- Great Britain and Ireland are islands.
Which country has the richest middle class?
Which country has the richest middle class? For decades, the United States boasted the honor of having the richest middle-class. However, as of 2015, Canada has the wealthiest middle class of any country in the world.
Which country has the most beautiful islands?
30 Most Beautiful Islands in The World
- 1) Galápagos Islands, Ecuador.
- 2) Cayman Islands.
- 3) Seychelles.
- 4) Santorini, Greece.
- 5) Mallorca, Spain.
- 6) Crete, Greece.
- 7) Cebu, Philippines.
- Ischia, Italy.
Which is the richest country in the world?
Top 10 Richest Countries in the World
- Kuwait. GDP per capita ($): 71,930.
- Norway. GDP per capita ($): 72,190.
- Ireland. GDP per capita ($): 75,790.
- Brunei Darussalam. GDP per capita ($): 77,700.
- Singapore. GDP per capita ($): 93,680.
- Luxembourg. GDP per capita ($):112,710.
- Macao. GDP per capita ($): 125,170.
- Qatar. GDP per capita ($): 129,360.
Can an island be a country?
An island is a land mass (smaller than a continent) that is surrounded by water. Many island countries are spread over an archipelago, as is the case with the Federated States of Micronesia and Indonesia (both of which consist of thousands of islands).
Which country is the smallest in the world?
Based on landmass, Vatican City is the smallest country in the world, measuring just 0.2 square miles, almost 120 times smaller than the island of Manhattan. Situated on the western bank of the Tiber River, Vatican City’s 2-mile border is landlocked by Italy.
Why Australia is not an island?
According to Britannica, an island is a mass of land that is both “entirely surrounded by water” and also “smaller than a continent.” By that definition, Australia can’t be an island because it’s already a continent. Unfortunately, there isn’t a strict scientific definition of a continent.
Is Tasmania bigger than Sicily?
Area – At 25,711 square kilometers (9,927 square miles), Sicily is the largest island in the Mediterranean and the largest of Italy’s twenty political regions, slightly larger than Piedmont. For comparison, Wales is 20,780 square kilometers and Massachusetts is 27,340, while Albania is 28,750.
What is the smallest island country?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
- Vatican City – 0.44 km² The world’s smallest country is the Vatican, also known as the Holy See.
- Monaco – 2 km²
- Nauru – 21 km²
- Tuvalu – 26 km²
- San Marino – 61 km²
- Liechtenstein – 160 km²
- Marshall Islands – 181 km²
- Saint Kitts and Nevis – 261 km²
Which country has the largest army?
China, India, USA, North Korea, Russia, Pakistan, Turkey. These countries have the world’s largest standing armies. North Korea has the world’s largest reserves of military personnel and paramilitary forces numbering around 9.45 million.
- UNITED STATES –
- NORTH KOREA:
- SOUTH KOREA:
What country has the most languages?
Top 20 countries by number of languages
|Country||% of world languages|
|1.||Papua New Guinea||11.86%|
6 more rows
What is the largest number in the world?
The largest number that has a commonly-known specific name is a “googleplex”, which is a 1 followed by a googol zeros, where a “googol” is (a 1 followed by 100 zeros).
Which country has the purest gold in the world?
Below are the top 10 countries with the largest gold holdings, beginning with India.
- United States. Tonnes: 8,133.5. Percent of foreign reserves: 75.2 percent.
- Germany. Tonnes: 3,371.0.
- Italy. Tonnes: 2,451.8.
- France. Tonnes: 2,436.0.
- Russia. Tonnes: 1,909.8.
- China. Tonnes: 1,842.6.
- Switzerland. Tonnes: 1,040.0.
- Japan. Tonnes: 765.2.
What country has the most debt?
Venezuela, which is currently undergoing serious economic difficulties, is also in the top five countries with the highest national debt, with a debt to GDP ratio of 161.99%. Several African countries also have high national debts, including Sudan (176.49%), Eritrea (129.43%) and Gambia (111.45%).
Which country has the most billionaires?
The U.S. still leads the pack, but Asia is now the region home to the most billionaires.
|Country||Billionaire Rank||Number of Billionaires|
6 more rows
What’s the best country in the world?
The 10 Best Countries in the World
- United Kingdom.
- United States.
- France. France, the most visited country in the world, ranks second in cultural influence and sixth in the power rankings for the second year in a row.
Which is the cleanest country in the world?
Top 10 Cleanest Countries in the World 2018
- Malta. Malta is one of the smallest and most densely populated countries in the world, with an estimated population of about 450,000.
- France. Last on our list of the top 10 cleanest countries in the world is France, one of the most industrialized European countries.
Where is the most peaceful place to live in the world?
Denmark is the most peaceful nation on continental Europe, despite being about the size of Massachusetts. Iceland tops the list of the most peaceful countries on Earth. No doubt, the country is really a safe place to live. The country is so cold and so small, and this is why it ranks top out of 162 nations.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”