Which is the largest metro city in India?
Metro Cities In India
|1||National Capital Region (NCR)||46,049,032|
|2||Mumbai Metropolitan Region||20,800,000|
|3||Kolkata Metropolitan Area||14,720,000|
|4||Bangalore Metropolitan Region||10,576,167|
6 more rows
Which are the largest cities in India?
The 10 Largest Cities in India
- Chennai – 8.7 million people.
- Bangalore – 8.5 million people.
- Hyderabad – 7.75 million people.
- Ahmedabad – 6.3 million people.
- Pune – 5.0 million people.
- Surat – 4.5 million people.
- Jaipur – 3.1 million people. Jaipur is the largest city in the state of Rajasthan and its capital city as well.
What is a metro city in India?
In India, the Census Commission defines a metropolitan city as one having a population of over four million. Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Pune, Surat and Nashik are those Indian cities that have over 4 million people.
Which metro city is best in India?
Here is a list of top 12 famous and best metropolitan cities in India 2018:
- Indore. Indore is the largest city in the state of Madhya Pradesh, which is also known for commerce, research, finance, entertainment, technology, and fashion.
Which is the most developing city in India?
Top 35 Fastest Developing and Emerging Cities of India
- Banglore. Banglore is the IT capital of India and also referred as the Silicon Valley of India.
- Pune. Pune city has emerged as a major educational and IT hub as well as economic base for other industries.
What is the nicest city in India?
7 Best Indian Cities To Live In 2016
- Hyderabad. Hyderabad is the best Indian city to stay in, emerged as the foremost centre of culture in India.
- Pune. Pune has been selected as the second best Indian city to live in,considered as the cultural capital of Maharashtra.
- New Delhi.
Which is the cleanest city in India?
So here are the top 10 cleanest cities in India.
- Mysore (Mysuru) The largest city state of Karnataka, Mysore topped the cleanest city list, emerging with the no.
- Navi Mumbai.
- Kochi (Cochin)
Which is the smallest city in India?
Top 10 Least Populated Cities of India
7 more rows
Which is the No 1 city in India?
How much does Metro City cost in India?
Out of these 46 metropolitan cities, 8 of them are considered as Mega Cities. The remaining 38 are considered as Million Plus Cities. So first, here are the 8 Mega Cities in India: Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Kolkata & Surat.
Which city has more traffic in India?
The survey was conducted by a team of researchers at the University of California, Berkeley, and three other US universities. According to a report in the Hindustan Times, Bengaluru stands on the first position for the most congested city, Mumbai in the second position followed by Delhi, Chennai, and Kolkata.
How many metro trains are there in India?
The Metro railway system and service are operational in 10 cities in India. These are Kolkata, Delhi, Bengaluru, Gurugram, Mumbai, Chennai, Jaipur, Kochi, Hyderabad, and Lucknow. The Kolkata Metro rail is the oldest metro service in the country.
Which city is richest in India?
List of Indian cities by GDP per capita
|Rank||City||State or union territory|
|1||Delhi||National Capital Territory of Delhi|
2 more rows
Which is the cheapest place to live in India?
India has some of the world’s cheapest cities to live in: EIU
- Bengaluru, Chennai, and New Delhi ranked among the world’s ten cheapest cities in a ranking released by EIU.
- Amongst the most expensive cities in the world, Singapore and Hong Kong topped the rankings, along with Paris, followed by Zurich and Geneva.
Which Indian River is the longest?
What is the fastest growing city in India?
Surat tops the list of top 10 fastest growing cities in the world between 2019 and 2035, followed by Agra and Bengaluru. Hyderabad is in the fourth place, followed by Nagpur, Tirupur, Rajkot, Tiruchirappalli, Chennai and Vijayawada. Surat is a major diamond trading and processing centre and also has a strong IT sector.
Which is the fastest growing state in India?
What are the top 10 fastest growing states in India? Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Haryana were the fastest-growing states between fiscals 2013 and 2017. Bringing up the bottom (among top 10) were Punjab, Uttar Pradesh and Kerala.
Which is the most developed state in India?
These top 5 states own 53 per cent of India’s total factories:
- Tamil Nadu. The southern state is leading the chart of the most industrialised states with at least 37, 378 factories till 2013-2014.
- Uttar Pradesh.
- Andhra Pradesh.
Which is the most beautiful city of India?
Beautiful cities in India
- Srinagar. Dal Lake in Srinagar. Srinagar is the northernmost city in India.
- Jaipur. Hawa Mahal in Jaipur. Jaipur is the biggest city in the state of Rajasthan and is the state’s capital.
- Agra. Taj Mahal in Agra.
- Pondicherry. Pondicherry.
- Udaipur. Udaipur.
- Gangtok. Gangtok.
- Mysore. Mysore.
- Nainital. Nainital.
Which is the dirtiest city in India?
India’s 10 Cleanest & Dirtiest Cities List Out. Check Out Which City Topped The List
- Simari Bakhtiyarpur, Bihar.
- Champandi, West Bengal.
- Bansberia, West Bengal.
- Chandbali, Odisha.
- Khardah, West Bengal.
- Bidyabati, West Bengal.
- Panihati, West Bengal.
- Khoda Makanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
Which is the most beautiful state in India?
The Best State To Visit In India
- Kerala. Kerala. Kerala is one of the prettiest states, rightfully dubbed ‘God’s Own Country’.
- Rajasthan. Rajasthan.
- Goa. Goa.
- Punjab. Punjab.
- Himachal Pradesh. Himachal Pradesh.
- Uttar Pradesh. Uttar Pradesh.
- Gujarat. Gujarat.
- Jammu and Kashmir. Jammu and Kashmir.
Which is the poorest city in India?
10 Poorest states in India are as follows:
- Assam: Nearly 31.98% of the people in Assam are below the poverty line.
- Madhya Pradesh: Poverty in Madhya Pradesh is around 31.65%.
- Uttar Pradesh: The poverty in UP is 29.43%.
- Karnataka: Percentage of people below poverty line is 20.91%.
Which is the richest city in India 2018?
Top 10 richest City in India – The Fast Growing Cities of India
- Mumbai. Commercial capital of India is the leading trade center of the world.
- Delhi. National capital of India contributes 4.94% of the total country’s GDP, whereas the per capita income is of Rs.78, 690/-.
Which is the safest city in India?
Top 10 Safest Cities in India To Live & Work In For Women
- mumbai. Mumbai, earlier known as Bombay, is the capital of Maharashtra and the largest city of India.
- ahmedabad. Ahmedabad is one of the largest metropolitan cities in India and is voted the safest city of the country.
Which Indian city is the most congested?
Mumbai is now the most car-congested city in India: Report
- Mumbai is now the most car-congested city in India with 510 cars for every kilometre.
- Car density in Mumbai is five times more than that of New Delhi.
- Pune, Kolkata, Chennai are among the top five most ‘car congested’ cities after Mumbai.
Which city has highest number of vehicles in India?
Map of Top Ten Towns with Highest No. of Car Ownership
|Rank||Major Cities of India||in numbers|
6 more rows
Which city in India has best roads?
How Safe is Your City? We Take a Look at Their Road Safety Index
- New Delhi. Source: Wikimedia.
- Mumbai. Source: Wikimedia.
- Chennai. Source: Facebook.
- Kolkata. Source: Wikimedia.
- Bengaluru. Source: Wikimedia.
- Ahmedabad. Source: Wikimedia.
- Pune. Source: Wikimedia.
- Indore. Source: Wikimedia.