Which is the largest railway station?
Gorakhpur Railway Station has the longest railway station in India followed by Kollam Junction,Kharagpur and Bilaspur Railway Station.
But in terms of the number of platforms Howrah has the largest station with 23 Platforms and 26 tracks,lets find out the more Railway stations of India with highest number of platforms.
Which is the biggest railway station in Asia?
The World’s longest railway platforms are:
- Gorakhpur railway station (Uttar Pradesh, India): 1,366.33 m (4,483 ft)
- Kollam Junction Railway Station (Kerala, India): 1,180.5 m (3,873 ft)
- Kharagpur (West Bengal, India): 1,072.5 m (3,519 ft)
Which is the largest railway platform in the world?
The longest railway platforms are:
- Gorakhpur railway station, Uttar Pradesh, India:1,366.33 m (4,483 ft) (longest in the world)
- Kollam Junction, Kerala, India:1,180.5 m (3,873 ft)
- Kharagpur, West Bengal, India: 1,072.5 m (3,519 ft)
- State Street subway, Chicago, Illinois, US: 1,067 m (3,501 ft) (longest in North America)
Which country has the most railway stations?
Countries With The Largest Rail Networks
- The United States. The railway roads of the USA are considered to be the largest and most extensive network in the world, totaling 228,000 km of railroad paths.
- Russia. Russia comes in second places in terms of the length of railroad paths.
Who is the biggest station of India?
5 Biggest Stations in India With Highest Number of Platforms
- Howrah – 23 Platforms. Howrah Junction railway station is one of 4 railway stations serving the city of Kolkata,located on the west bank of the Hooghly River.
- Sealdah – 20 Platforms.
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus – 18 Platforms.
- New Delhi – 16 Platforms.
- Chennai Central – 15 Platforms.
Which is the busiest railway station in India?
Top 12 Most Busiest Railway Stations of India
- Howrah Junction Railway Station. Howrah Railway Station is the busiest railway stations in terms of passenger volume per day and its 23 platforms are serving more than a million passengers.
- New Delhi Station.
- Kanpur Central.
- Kalyan Junction.
- Patna Station.
- Vijayawada Station.
- Allahabad Junction.
- Itarsi Junction.
What is the biggest station in the world?
Gare du Nord in Paris is reportedly Europe’s busiest station in terms of passenger numbers. New York’s Grand Central Terminal is the world’s largest station in terms of platform capacity. Japan’s Nagoya Station is the world’s largest station in terms of floor area.
Which is the oldest railway station in India?
Traveling Through Some Of The Oldest Railway Stations In India
- Royapuram – Tamil Nadu.
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus – Maharashtra.
- Charbagh Railway Station – Uttar Pradesh.
- Sawai Madhopur Junction – Rajasthan.
- Barog Railway Station – Himachal Pradesh.
Which is the biggest airport in India?
Hyderabad airport with an area of 5,496 acres is the biggest airport in India in terms of area.
- Check out five biggest and busiest airports in India.
- Indira Gandhi international airports in New Delhi.
- Chattarpati Shivaji international airport in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Kempegowda international airport in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Which is the busiest train station in the world?
We discuss seven of the busiest stations in the world below.
- Grand Central Terminal – the Busiest Train Station in the United States.
- Howrah Junction Railway Station – The Busiest Train Station in India.
- Gare du Nord – The Busiest Train Station in Europe.
- Shinjuku Station – The World’s Busiest Train Station.
Which is the biggest railway junction in world?
The world’s largest station by number of platforms is Grand Central Terminal, Park Avenue and 42nd Street, New York City, USA, built from 1903–13 which has 44 platforms. They are situated on two underground levels with 41 tracks on the upper level and 26 on the lower.
What is the oldest railway station in the world?
The station was the Manchester terminus of the world’s first inter-city passenger railway in which all services were hauled by timetabled steam locomotives. It is the world’s oldest surviving terminal railway station.
Which is the best railway zone in India?
The Indian Railways is divided into 17 zone and around 73 sub-divisional headquarter. North Zone is the largest Railway Zone of Indian Railways.
List of the Major Railways Zones in India.
|Railway Zone||Zonal Headquarter||Division|
|West Central Railway||Jabalpur||1. Jabalpur 2. Bhopal 3. Kota|
|Kolkata Metro||Kolkata||1. Kolkata Metro|
15 more rows
Which is the largest junction of India?
Mathura Junction is the largest junction in India with 7 routes emerging from it. Mathura – Vrindavan Line are the 7 lines emerging at Mathura Junction Railway Station.
How many railway stations are in India?
Photo in the article by “Flickr”