The platform at Gorakhpur Railway Station in Uttar Pradesh is the world’s longest station, measuring a whopping 1,366 m. The record was previously held by the platform at Kharagpur station in West Bengal at 1,072 m.
Which is the longest station in the world?
The world’s longest station platform is at Gorakhpur Junction in India at 1,355.40 metres (4,446.9 ft). The Appalachian Trail station in the United States, at the other extreme, has a platform which is only long enough for a single bench.
Which is the longest train in India?
This super-long train named SheshNaag is the longest-ever train to run in India. As per the reports, IRCTC operated this 2.8 km long train by amalgamating four empty BOXN rakes, which was powered by four sets of electric locomotives.
Which is the fastest train of world?
Here are the world’s fastest high-speed trains in commercial service, ranked by speed:
- Shanghai Maglev: 267 mph. …
- Fuxing Hao CR400AF/BF: 249 mph. …
- Shinkansen H5 and E5: 224 mph. …
- The Italo and Frecciarossa: 220 mph. …
- Renfe AVE: 217 mph. …
- Haramain Western Railway: 217 mph. …
- DeutscheBahn ICE: 205 mph. …
- Korail KTX: 205 mph.
27 мар. 2018 г.
Which is the smallest railway station in the world?
Ib railway station
|Tracks||Broad gauge 1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Structure type||Standard (on ground station)|
What is the name of longest bridge of India?
This 19-km long four-lane bridge to be built at a cost of Rs 5,000 crore once completed will be double the length of the current longest bridge in the country—the 9.15 km long Dhola–Sadiya Bridge, also referred to as the Bhupen Hazarika Setu, over Brahmaputra river.
Which is the slowest train in India?
Mettupalayam Ooty Nilgiri Passenger train is the slowest train in India, running at a speed of 10 kmph, which is roughly 16 times slower than the fastest train in India.
How long is an Indian train?
Conventional freight trains in India can average nearly 2.8 km (2800 m). Freight trains with a total length of three or four times that average are possible with the advent of distributed power, or additional locomotive units between or behind long chains of freight cars (referred to as a “consist”).
Which is the fastest train in India 2020?
Let’s have a look at the Fastest Trains in India:
- Vande Bharat Express – Train 18 (22439), 180 km/h.
- Gatimaan Express (12049/12050), 160 km/h.
- New Delhi – Bhopal Shatabdi Express (12002), 150 km/h.
- Mumbai – New Delhi Rajdhani Express (12951) & New Delhi – Kanpur Shatabdi Express (12034), 140 km/hour.
Which is the fastest train in 2020?
World’s fastest high-speed trains in commercial operation in 2020
- United Kingdom – Eurostar e320 – 320 km/h (198.8 mph) …
- Morocco – Al Boraq – 320 km/h (198.8 mph) …
- France – TGV – 320 km/h (198.8 mph) …
- Japan – E5, E6, H5 Series Shinkansen – 320 km/h (198.8 mph) …
- China – CR400AF / CR400BF – 350 km/h (217.5 mph) …
- China – Shanghai Transrapid – 431 km/h (268 mph)
Which car is fastest?
Check out our world’s fastest car timeline below…
|Year||Make and model||Top speed (mph)|
|2007||SSC Ultimate Aero TT||256.1|
|2010||Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport||267.9|
|2017||Koenigsegg Agera RS||277.9|
Which country has no railway?
Bhutan has no railway network, but there are plans to link the southern parts of Bhutan to the vast Indian railway network.
Who is the CEO of Indian Railway?
The Central government on Friday appointed Suneet Sharma as new Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Indian Railway Board (Ministry of Railways) and ex-officio Principal Secretary to Government of India.
Which is the most expensive luxury train in India?
Maharajas’ Express: the most expensive train in India
- Operating since January 2010, Maharajas’ Express is the newest luxury train of Indian Railways and easily one of the most expensive in Asia. …
- The train comprises 24 carriages, which include accommodation, dining, bar, lounge, generator and store cars.