21 Top Social Media Sites to Consider for Your Brand
- Facebook – 2.23 billion MAUs. Facebook is the biggest social media site around, with more than two billion people using it every month.
- YouTube – 1.9 billion MAUs.
- WhatsApp – 1.5 billion MAUs.
- Messenger – 1.3 billion MAUs.
- WeChat – 1.06 billion MAUs.
- Instagram – 1 billion MAUs.
- QQ – 861 million MAUs.
- Tumblr – 642 million MUVs.
Which social media has the most users 2018?
Last updated: August 2, 2018
|Social network||Monthly Active Users|
12 more rows
How many social media users are there in 2018?
This statistic shows the number of social media users worldwide from 2010 to 2016 with projections until 2021. In 2019, it is estimated that there will be around 2.77 billion social media users around the globe, up from 2.46 billion in 2017. Social network penetration worldwide is ever-increasing.
Which social media platform is best for business?
- Facebook. It shouldn’t come as a huge surprise that Facebook is number one on our list of the top 10 social media sites for business.
- Facebook Messenger.
Is Facebook the biggest social media platform?
Facebook’s main platform should rank third, with 11.5 million MAUs. Instagram remains the second-most popular social networking platform among millennials (43.3 million MAUs) and Gen Xers (23.5 million MAUs), while Pinterest ranks second among baby boomers, with 12.9 million MAUs. Leo Sun owns shares of Facebook.
What is the most used social media platform 2018?
The ranking of the most popular mobile social networking apps in the United States as of October 2018 was headed by Facebook, Instagram, Facebook Messenger, and Twitter.
What is the most popular social media platform 2019?
The Top 20 Social Media Apps and Sites in 2019
- Facebook. Let’s start with the obvious choices.
- Instagram. If you’re more interested in looking at images and short video clips, Instagram might be the best social network for you.
- Twitter. Twitter is another network that’s received a considerable amount of negative coverage.
- Sina Weibo.
What percentage of the world uses social media 2018?
Percentage of U.S. population with a social media profile from 2008 to 2019
|Percentage of U.S. population|
8 more rows
What is the most used social media platform?
Facebook – 2.23 billion MAUs. Facebook is the biggest social media site around, with more than two billion people using it every month. That’s almost a third of the world’s population! Also, remember to optimize your content for mobile as 94 percent of Facebook’s users access Facebook via the mobile app.
What social media do Millennials use the most?
- MILLENNIALS. Facebook is the most used social network among US millennials, with 58.5 million of them expected to use the platform this year.
- GEN X. Generation X uses Facebook most heavily, with 45.1 million users this year.
- BABY BOOMERS.
Is Instagram or Facebook better for business?
Facebook’s paid advertising is still quite effective, and it’s able to reach older groups than Instagram. Facebook is also a better gateway to external sites or online stores because you can post links to anywhere.
Which social media platform is best for b2b?
The Best B2B Social Networking Channels To Grow Your Business
- LinkedIn. LinkedIn is one of the most popular and widely used B2B social networking platforms today.
- Twitter. With more than 300 million monthly active users, Twitter is a place to “see what’s happening.”
- Google Plus.
- 3 Comments.
What social media should I put for business?
How to Use Social Media for Your Small Business [Infographic]
- Build a Credible Reputation.
- Attract Potential Clients.
- Connect With Like-Minded Business Professionals.
- Diversify Your Marketing Efforts.
- Repurpose Top Content.
- 6. Make Your Time and Money Count.
- Drive Traffic to Your Website/Blog.
- Use the Right Tools.
What is the most popular social media platform 2018?
The most popular social media sites in 2018
- WhatsApp Messenger.
- Facebook Messenger.
Why is Instagram a good social media platform?
Well, it is very obvious because social media include different gigantic social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat and more. 59% of micro-influencers believe that they get the best engagement on Instagram. 60% of users on Instagram visit the platform daily.
Is Instagram more popular than Facebook?
The best part about Instagram is that it has some of the most highly engaged users. On an average day, users share more than 95 million photos and videos. At the same time, Instagram still had the highest audience engagement compared to all other social networking platforms.
Is Facebook still popular 2018?
Facebook is no longer the dominant social network among teens, according to Pew’s survey of 743 U.S. residents aged 13 to 17, conducted between March 7 and April 10, 2018. In fact, it’s no longer even in the top three. As the charts above show, YouTube, Instagram, and Snapchat have all surpassed Facebook in popularity.
What social media do college students use the most?
According to a study done by PC Magazine, the top social media application that college students use is Snapchat. The following popular apps nationwide include Tinder, Grindr, Instagram, Facebook and school-centric apps, among many more.
What is the safest social media platform?
For many parents, navigating their child’s social media presence is not only worrisome, but also challenging.
1. Educate yourself about social media.
Is YouTube considered social media?
YouTube – Yes, YouTube is considered a social media platform. What’s more, it is also the 2nd most-used search engine following Google.
Is YouTube a social channel?
YouTube is a social media platform. Its core functionality beyond presenting videos to watch is to allow for social interactions. It’s the quintessential social video platform because it reaches so many people.
What social media do teens use?
According to new research from the University of Chicago, the top social media apps for teens age 13-17 are Instagram (76% of surveyed teens use it) and Snapchat (75%). Facebook and Twitter are less popular, with 66% and 47% of the teens reporting that they use each app.
What is the fastest growing social media?
This increase in monthly users makes Instagram the fastest growing social network at the moment — by a considerably margin. Stories have become wildly popular on Instagram, and the amount of people publishing stories has eclipsed Snapchat’s entire userbase.
What is the fastest growing social media platform?
Instagram is the Fastest-Growing Social Network Platform.
What social media platform is favored most by Millennials?
Top 5 Marketing Channels to Reach Millennials
- Facebook. 88% of Millennials have a Facebook account, and over half of them use the platform regularly.
- Instagram. Instagram is the second most popular social media platform among Millennials.
- Snapchat. Snapchat is the most recent social platform obsession among Millennials and young teens.
- Mobile Advertising.
How can I promote myself on social media?
Here are 11 effective ways to promote your content using social media you probably aren’t doing enough of.
- Embrace The Visual.
- Headlines Matter.
- Customize For the Platform.
- Share at the Right Time.
- Don’t be Afraid to Post Multiple Times.
- Ask Questions.
- Share on the right platform.
- Pay to Play.
How can I increase my social media followers?
How to Increase Your Social Media Following
- Be Regular and Consistent.
- Speak to Your Market.
- Match the Message and Format to the Proper Network.
- Have Your Social Media Follow Buttons Everywhere You Can.
- Follow Influencers and Share Their Content.
- Remind Your Email Subscribers About Your Social Media Accounts.
- Respond to Your Followers.
- Use Hashtags Where Appropriate.
How do I stay off social media?
6 ways you can train yourself to stop using social media
- Turn off your notifications. ‘FOMO’ or the ‘fear of missing out’ is a relatively new term that’s become synonymous with social media envy.
- Get a hobby.
- Don’t use Instagram when you’re emotional.
- Social media is like Netflix.
- Track the time you spend online.
- Control your apps.
Photo in the article by “Wikipedia”