According to a report by IDC, Samsung remains the leader and Chinese smartphone maker Huawei has surpassed Apple.
Smartphone makers shipped a total of 342.0 million units during the second quarter of 2018 (2Q18), resulting in a 1.8% decline when compared to the 348.2 million units shipped in the second quarter of 2017.
Who is the biggest mobile phone company in the world?
Top 10 largest Mobile Companies in the World – 2018
- Samsung. Samsung is ruling the mobile market all over the world.
- Apple. In the smartphone market, the identity of Apple is iPhone and it is the reason for Apple’s second position in the smartphone market.
- Huawei. Huawei is the third leading mobile company in the world.
Who is the largest wireless carrier?
Verizon is the company with the most wireless subscribers in the United States, with the figure standing at 145.74 million customers as of the fourth quarter of 2016. This meant that Verizon had 10 million more subscribers than AT&T and more than twice as many as T-Mobile US.
Who is the largest telecommunications company in the world?
Top 10 Telecom Companies in the World by Market Value in 2018
- Verizon Communications. |
- AT&T | USA | Market value: $198 billion.
- China Mobile.
- Nippon Telegraph and Telephone.
- Deutsche Telekom.
Is AT&T the biggest phone company?
With $163 billion in annual sales, AT&T is now the world’s biggest telecom company, having recently acquired satellite TV provider DirecTV and several smaller wireless outfits. Its rumored M&A partner T-Mobile is owned by Germany’s Deutsche Telekom , #6 on the Forbes Global 2000 for telecoms.
Photo in the article by “Pixabay”