Parastratiosphecomyia sphecomyioides is a species of fly in the soldier fly family.
Its Genus name comes from Ancient Greek, meaning “Near Soldier Wasp-Fly”, with its species name meaning “Wasp Fly-like”.
It is considered to be the animal with the longest scientific name.
- 1 What is the longest animal name?
- 2 Who has the longest name in the world?
- 3 How old is the girl with 1000 letters in her name?
- 4 What is the longest name passed?
- 5 What is the oldest animal alive today?
- 6 What is the oldest animal alive?
- 7 What’s the largest baby ever born?
- 8 Is Uvuvwevwevwe a real name?
- 9 What’s the shortest name ever?
- 10 What is the longest name in the English language?
- 11 Who has the longest name in the NBA?
- 12 How do you say longest word in Maori?
- 13 What is the oldest last name?
- 14 What’s the longest surname in the world?
- 15 What is the oldest family in the world?
- 16 Is anyone from the 1800s still alive 2018?
- 17 What’s the oldest animal species on Earth?
- 18 Can crocodiles die of age?
- 19 What is the first animal on earth?
- 20 What is the oldest plant species on Earth?
- 21 Can lobsters die?
- 22 Do lobsters suffer when boiled alive?
- 23 Is there anything life forever?
- 24 How long can lobsters live?
- 25 Who has the longest name in baseball?
What is the longest animal name?
Parastratiosphecomyia stratiosphecomyioides is a species of flies in the soldier fly family (Stratiomyidae). Its genus name comes from Ancient Greek, meaning “Near soldier wasp-fly”, with its species name meaning “wasp fly-like”. It is considered to be the animal with the longest scientific name.
Who has the longest name in the world?
Hubert Wolfstern, Hubert B. Wolfe + 988, Sr., Hubert Blaine Wolfe+585, Sr., and Hubert Blaine Wolfe+590, Sr., among others) is the abbreviated name of a typesetter who has held the record for the longest personal name ever used.
|Hubert Blaine Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorff Sr.|
7 more rows
How old is the girl with 1000 letters in her name?
22 years ago “Jamie” became famous when Ms. Winfrey ask about her name. In 2019, The Oprah affect makes the girl a household name again. A 1997 clip of a 12-year-old girl with over 1000 letters in her name from The Oprah Winfrey Show has gone viral, and Youtubers and social media users can’t seem to get enough.
What is the longest name passed?
Confucius (551 BC – 479 BC), whose surname was Kong (孔, also romanized as Kung), and his descendants have the longest unbroken documented genealogy in human history. The father-son family tree is now in its 83rd generation, with over 2 million current members.
What is the oldest animal alive today?
Top 10 Longest Living Animals
- Immortal Jellyfish. A very unique jellyfish which can revert back to its premature state when exposed to stress or injury.
- Ocean Quahog. Some collected specimens have been calculated to be more than 400 years old.
- Greenland Shark.
- Bowhead Whale.
- Galapagos Giant Tortoise.
- African Elephant.
- Long Finned Eel.
What is the oldest animal alive?
50 Longest Living Animals in the World
- Aldabra tortoise.
- Shortraker rockfish.
- Galapagos tortoise. > Oldest recorded: 177 years.
- Red sea urchin. > Oldest recorded: 200 years.
- Rougheye rockfish. > Oldest recorded: 205 years.
- Bowhead whale. > Oldest recorded: 211 years.
- Greenland shark. > Oldest recorded: 392 years.
- Ocean quahog clam. > Oldest recorded: 507 years.
What’s the largest baby ever born?
He broke records down under and is believed to be the heaviest baby born in Victoria, 7 News reports. The record for “heaviest birth” is currently held by Giantess Anna Bates, who gave birth to a boy weighing 22 pounds and measuring 28 inches in her home in Seville, Ohio, on January 19, 1879.
Is Uvuvwevwevwe a real name?
Uvuvwevwevwe Onyetenyevwe Ugwemuhwem Osas. Uvuvwevwevwe Onyetenyevwe Ugwemuhwem Osas (born 9 March 1999) is a Kenyan professional footballer who plays as a central midfielder at youth level for Reddit XI.
What’s the shortest name ever?
Guinness World Records verified Mohammed’s height at 22 in (57 cm). He was the shortest man ever verified up to 2012, when he lost the title to Chandra Bahadur Dangi.
What is the longest name in the English language?
The longest word in any of the major English language dictionaries is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis, a word that refers to a lung disease contracted from the inhalation of very fine silica particles, specifically from a volcano; medically, it is the same as silicosis.
Who has the longest name in the NBA?
Dikembe’s full name is Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo. That’s probably the longest name in NBA history and we didn’t even bother to read it.
How do you say longest word in Maori?
The longest place name in New Zealand is in Hawke’s Bay is a hill known as “Taumata whakatangi hangakoauau o tamatea turi pukakapiki maunga horo nuku pokai whenua kitanatahu”, which translates into English as “the place where Tamatea, the man with the big knees, who slid, climbed and swallowed mountains, known as ‘
What is the oldest last name?
The oldest surname in the world is KATZ (the initials of the two words — Kohen Tsedek). Every Katz is a priest, descending in an unbroken line from Aaron the brother of Moses, 1300 B.C. According to Michael O’Hair, 1749–1813; soldier of the revolution, the oldest surname is O’Brien.
What’s the longest surname in the world?
There’s an bit of internet lore circulating around that the Guinness World Record for Longest Name in the world belongs to a Mr. Adolph Blaine Charles David Earl Frederick Gerald Hubert Irvin John Kenneth Lloyd Martin Nero Oliver Paul Quincy Randolph Sherman Thomas Uncas Victor William Xerxes Yancy
What is the oldest family in the world?
The Donnellys, the world’s oldest family, have more than 1,000 years of life among them. The 13-sibling farming family from rural County Armagh, Ireland, recently received a Guinness World Record for being the oldest living siblings. They received the gong while making the BBC documentary “The World’s Oldest Family.”
Is anyone from the 1800s still alive 2018?
Emma Martina Luigia Morano OMRI (29 November 1899 – 15 April 2017) was an Italian supercentenarian who, before her death at the age of 117 years and 137 days, was the world’s oldest living person whose age had been verified, and the last living person to have been verified as being born in the 1800s.
What’s the oldest animal species on Earth?
Here the list of top 10 oldest animal species on Earth.
- 10 Martialis Huereka-120 million years old.
- 9 Frilled Shark – 150 million years old.
- 8 Horseshoe Shrimp – 200 million years old.
- 7 Sturgeon – 200 million years old.
- 6 Coelacanath – 360 million years old.
- 5 Horseshoe Crab – 445 million years old.
Can crocodiles die of age?
Crocodiles have no such thing as old age. A 7-year-old crocodile is as good as a 70-year-old one in terms of agility and other life parameters. Aging has no effect on them. Although they can’t die of natural aging, they also can’t live forever.
What is the first animal on earth?
What is the oldest plant species on Earth?
Methuselah, a Great Basin bristlecone pine (Pinus longaeva) is measured by ring count to be 4,850 years old. This is the oldest known tree in North America, and the oldest known living individual nonclonal tree in the world. The Cypress of Abarkuh is estimated to be between 4,000 and 5,000 years old.
Can lobsters die?
Contrary to popular belief, lobsters are not immortal. Eventually, the lobster will die from exhaustion during a moult. Older lobsters are also known to stop moulting, which means that the shell will eventually become damaged, infected, or fall apart and they die.
Do lobsters suffer when boiled alive?
No one knows if lobsters feel pain, which makes boiling them alive rather complicated. Starting in March 2018, it will be considered an act of animal cruelty to boil a lobster alive in Switzerland. The Swiss will need to stun or kill animals before boiling them, and lobsters can’t be kept alive on ice.
Is there anything life forever?
The ‘immortal’ jellyfish, Turritopsis dohrnii. To date, there’s only one species that has been called ‘biologically immortal’: the jellyfish Turritopsis dohrnii. These small, transparent animals hang out in oceans around the world and can turn back time by reverting to an earlier stage of their life cycle.
How long can lobsters live?
Who has the longest name in baseball?
Photo in the article by “Car Talk”