What are the 4 countries with the largest land area in the Western Hemisphere?
Top 100 largest countries by area
|1||Russia||Asia / Europe|
|3||United States (incl. overseas territories)||North America|
91 more rows
What are the largest countries by land size?
When all 10 of the world’s largest countries are taken together, they total 49% of the earth’s entire 149 million square kilometres of land.
- 7 – India.
- 6 – Australia.
- 5 – Brazil.
- 4 – People’s Republic of China.
- 3 – United States of America.
- 2 – Canada.
- 1 – Russia.
- 50 Largest Countries in the World By Area. Rank.
Which country has the largest land area in North America?
Largest North American Countries: (by land area)
- Canada: 9,984,670 sq km.
- United States: 9,826,630 sq km.
- Mexico: 1,923,040 sq km.
- Nicaragua: 120,254 sq km.
- Honduras: 112,090 sq km.
- Cuba: 110,860 sq km.
- Guatemala: 108,890 sq km.
- Panama: 78,200 sq km.
What country has the largest land area in South America?
Which is the largest country in the world 2018?
Largest Countries in the World by Area 2019
75 more rows
Which country has the largest land area in the eastern hemisphere?
7th – Daily Geography Set 2
|If it is dawn in the eastern United States, is the western United States in darkness? Why or why not?||Yes, because of the earths rotation from east to west.|
|Which country has the largest land area in the Eastern Hemisphere?||Russia|
|Which nation is farther north, Egypt or Greece?||Greece|
29 more rows
What is the most beautiful country in the world?
10 of the Most Beautiful Countries in the World
- Switzerland. Switzerland is a lovely country with breathtaking scenery and natural environment.
- New Zealand.
- South Africa.
What is the richest country in the world?
Another common characteristic of the wealthiest nations is all of the 25 richest countries have life expectancies at birth above the world average of 72 years.
- Qatar. • GNI per capita: $128,060.
- Singapore. • GNI per capita: $90,570.
- Brunei Darussalam.
- United Arab Emirates.
- Hong Kong SAR.
What country has the most debt?
Venezuela, which is currently undergoing serious economic difficulties, is also in the top five countries with the highest national debt, with a debt to GDP ratio of 161.99%. Several African countries also have high national debts, including Sudan (176.49%), Eritrea (129.43%) and Gambia (111.45%).
What are the three largest countries of North America?
Largest Countries in North America
- Canada – 9,984,680 sq km. Canada is the largest country in North America.
- The United States of America – 9,629,091 sq km. The United States of America is the second-largest country, covering 9,629,091 square kilometers.
- Greenland – 2,166,086 sq km.
- Mexico – 1,964,375 sq km.
- Nicaragua – 130,373 sq km.
Which country is the smallest in the world?
Based on landmass, Vatican City is the smallest country in the world, measuring just 0.2 square miles, almost 120 times smaller than the island of Manhattan. Situated on the western bank of the Tiber River, Vatican City’s 2-mile border is landlocked by Italy.
Which country has the largest population 2018?
The World: Population (2018) – Top 100+
|3.||United States of America||331,026,400|
96 more rows
What are the 3 biggest countries in South America?
Below is a list of all the South American countries, in order of geographical area. South America’s total geographical area is 17,835,252 km².
What is the longest country in South America?
South American Countries with the Longest Coastlines
- Brazil. The longest coastline in South America is that of Brazil, which has a length of 7,941 kilometers.
- Chile. Chile is ranked the second South American country with a coastline of 6,435 kilometers long.
Which country has the smallest land area in South America?
The Smallest Countries in South America
- Suriname – 163,820 sq km. Suriname’s territory covers an area of 63,252 square miles to become the smallest state in South America.
- Uruguay – 181,034 sq km. Uruguay is South America’s smallest nation with an area of 69,898 square miles.
- Guyana – 214,969 sq km.
- Ecuador – 276,841 sq km.
- Paraguay – 406,750 sq km.
What’s the biggest city in the world 2018?
These Are The World’s Top-300 Most Populous Cities, 2018
- Shanghai, China. City population: 24,153,000.
- Beijing, China. City population: 18,590,000.
- Karachi, Pakistan (Islamic Republic of) City population: 18,000,000.
- Istanbul, Turkey. City population: 14,657,000.
- Dhaka, Bangladesh. City population: 14,543,000.
- Tokyo, Japan.
- Moscow, Russia.
- Manila, Philippines.
Which country has the most billionaires?
The U.S. still leads the pack, but Asia is now the region home to the most billionaires.
|Country||Billionaire Rank||Number of Billionaires|
6 more rows
What are the 10 largest cities in the world 2018?
Top 10 Largest Cities in the World of 2018
- Tokyo – 37 million. The Greater Tokyo Area is the most populous metropolitan area in the world and also the largest urban agglomeration economy.
- Delhi – 25 million.
- Shanghai – 23 million.
- Mumbai – 20.7 million.
- Beijing – 19.5 million.
- Dhaka – 17 million.
- Karachi – 16.1 million.
- Istanbul – 14 million.
Which hemisphere has the most land area Eastern or Western?
Which Hemisphere Has More Land Mass: East or West? The Eastern Hemisphere has more land mass than the Western Hemisphere. The Eastern Hemisphere includes virtually all of Asia and Australia, most of Africa and Europe, and around half of Antarctica.
What is the second largest ocean in the world?
Located between the Southern Ocean, Asia, Australia and the Americas, the Pacific Ocean occupies about one-third of the Earth’s surface. Containing almost twice as much as the world’s second largest body of water, the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean holds more than half of the Earth’s open water supply.
How many countries are on the continent of South America?
What country has the most debt 2018?
United States of America. The United States is the world’s largest economy and it also has the highest level of national debt. While its national debt levels exceed the country’s GDP in 2017, in 2007, the U.S. debt-to-GDP ratio was at just 62.5%.
What country owes the most money?
According to the CIA World Factbook, these are the most indebted countries in the world.
- The United States (US) The US has a total of 29.27 trillion dollars of external debt, translating to around 45% of the total debt owed.
- The United Kingdom (UK)
- Foreign Debts and the National Economy.
What country has the lowest debt?
The 20 countries with the lowest national debt in 2017 in relation to gross domestic product (GDP)
|National debt in relation to GDP|
16 more rows
Which country has the largest population 2019?
The World: Population (2019) – Top 100+
|3.||United States of America||333,928,672|
96 more rows
What is the most crowded country in the world?
Which country has the lowest population 2018?
The 9 Smallest Countries in the World by Population
- Vatican City. Population: 451.
- Tuvalu. Population: 10,640.
- Nauru. Population: 11,347.
- Palau. Population: 21,097.
- San Marino. Population: 33,285.
- Monaco. Population: 37,623.
- Liechtenstein. Population: 37,815.
- Marshall Islands. Population: 53,066.
Photo in the article by “Mount Pleasant Granary”