The Top 5 Largest Countries in Africa
- Algeria. Algeria is the largest country in Africa and the 10th largest country in the world.
- The Democratic Republic Of The Congo. The DRC is found in Central Africa.
- Sudan. Sudan covers a total area of 728,215 square miles.
What are the 10 largest nations in Africa?
List of African countries by area
|1||Algeria||2,381,741 km2 (919,595 sq mi)|
|2||Democratic Republic of the Congo||2,344,858 km2 (905,355 sq mi)|
|3||Sudan||1,861,484 km2 (718,723 sq mi)|
|4||Libya||1,759,540 km2 (679,362 sq mi)|
50 more rows
What is the smallest country in Africa?
Is Nigeria the biggest country in Africa?
Largest Country in Africa By Population. Algeria may have the highest land size and area, but it is definitely not the largest when it comes to population. Following Nigeria is Ethiopia with about 103 million as its population.
Is Sudan the largest country in Africa?
Sudan was the largest country in Africa prior to the secession of South Sudan in 2011. It is now the third largest, after Algeria and Democratic Republic of the Congo. After secession, the size of Sudan is approximately 25% smaller, with an area of 1.86 million square kilometers.
What is the richest country in Africa?
What are the top 3 biggest countries?
When all 10 of the world’s largest countries are taken together, they total 49% of the earth’s entire 149 million square kilometres of land.
- 7 – India.
- 6 – Australia.
- 5 – Brazil.
- 4 – People’s Republic of China.
- 3 – United States of America.
- 2 – Canada.
- 1 – Russia.
- 50 Largest Countries in the World By Area. Rank.
What is the largest country in Africa in population?
The 10 Most Populated Countries in Africa
|4||Democratic Republic of the Congo||77,267,000|
6 more rows
What is the least populated country in Africa?
What city in Africa has the largest population?
Largest Cities In Africa By Population
|Rank||Largest Cities In Africa||Estimated Metro Population|
|1||Lagos, Nigeria||21.0 million people|
|2||Cairo, Egypt||20.4 million people|
|3||Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo||13.3 million people|
|4||Luanda, Angola||6.5 million people|
11 more rows
Is Nigeria the best country in Africa?
Nigeria now 14th in Africa in best countries for business. Forbes has rated Nigeria as the 110th best country for business in the world and the 14th in Africa in 2019. This put Nigeria behind South Africa, rated 59th globally. Morocco is 62nd, Seychelles rated 66th and Tunisia is rated 82nd.
Is Nigeria the most populated country in Africa?
Nigeria is often referred to as the “Giant of Africa”, owing to its large population and economy. With 186 million inhabitants, Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa and the seventh most populous country in the world.
Why is Nigeria the most populated country in Africa?
Nigeria is the most populated country in Africa with over 181 million people and accounts for about 15.98% of the total African population. The population growth has seen Nigeria become the 7th most populous country in the world. The country is home to over 300 ethnic groups such as the Yorubas, Fulanis and Igbo.
Which is the largest lake in Africa?
These are the largest lakes in Africa.
- Lake Kivu.
- Lake Mweru.
- Lake Rukwa.
- Lake Albert.
- Lake Turkana.
- Lake Nyassa.
- Lake Tanganyika.
- Lake Victoria. Lake Victoria is the largest freshwater body in Africa and the second largest in the world, smaller only than Lake Superior, which is one of North America’s Great Lakes.
Which country has the highest population in the world?
What are the biggest country in the world?
The top ten largest countries, in square kilometers.
5 more rows
Which country will be the richest in 2050?
- 2 China – $25.33 trillion. The richest country in the world in 2050 is predicted to be China.
- 3 United States – $22.27 trillion.
- 4 India – $8.17 trillion.
- 5 Japan – $6.43 trillion.
- 6 Germany – $3.71 trillion.
- 7 United Kingdom – $3.58 trillion.
- 8 Brazil – $2.96 trillion.
- 9 Mexico – $2.81 trillion.
What is the richest country in Africa in 2017?
Top 10 wealthiest African countries according to GDP
- Nigeria. With a GDP of $376.284bn in 2017, Nigeria has the highest GDP in Africa on top of having the largest population.
- South Africa. South Africa has the second largest economy in Africa, after Nigeria, with a GDP of $349.299bn.
Who is the richest country in Africa 2018?
Richest countries in Africa in 2018
- Cape Verde.
- Republic of the Congo.
- Mauritania. This country primarily depends on livestock and agriculture, which is why it reached the high place in our richest country in Africa rating.
What are the top 100 largest countries?
The World – Top 100+ Countries by Area
|Rank||Country||Area (sq km)|
96 more rows
Which country is the richest?
Another common characteristic of the wealthiest nations is all of the 25 richest countries have life expectancies at birth above the world average of 72 years.
- Qatar. • GNI per capita: $128,060.
- Singapore. • GNI per capita: $90,570.
- Brunei Darussalam.
- United Arab Emirates.
- Hong Kong SAR.
What country has the most debt?
Venezuela, which is currently undergoing serious economic difficulties, is also in the top five countries with the highest national debt, with a debt to GDP ratio of 161.99%. Several African countries also have high national debts, including Sudan (176.49%), Eritrea (129.43%) and Gambia (111.45%).
What is the largest town in Africa?
Which is the richest city in Africa?
GALLERY: The wealthiest cities in Africa
- Accra Total city wealth US$38 billion.
- Johannesburg Total city wealth: US$276 billion.
- Cape Town Total city wealth US$155 billion.
- Cairo Tota city wealth: US$140 billion.
- Lagos Total city wealth: US$108 billion.
- Durban Total city wealth: US$55 billion.
- Nairobi Total city wealth US$54 billion.
What is the most common language in Africa?
It is also worth noting that most of the countries that speak Arabic in Africa are have Islam as the majority religion. Swahili or Kiswahili is the second most popularly spoken language on the Continent. This is a Bantu language that is spoken as the first language among the Swahili people of East Africa.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”