When all 10 of the world’s largest countries are taken together, they total 49% of the earth’s entire 149 million square kilometres of land.
- 7 – India.
- 6 – Australia.
- 5 – Brazil.
- 4 – People’s Republic of China.
- 3 – United States of America.
- 2 – Canada.
- 1 – Russia.
- 50 Largest Countries in the World By Area. Rank.
Which is the largest country in the world in 2018?
Largest Countries in the World by Area 2019
|4||United States||9,372,610 3,617,827|
75 more rows
Which is the smallest country of the world?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
- Vatican City – 0.44 km² The world’s smallest country is the Vatican, also known as the Holy See.
- Monaco – 2 km²
- Nauru – 21 km²
- Tuvalu – 26 km²
- San Marino – 61 km²
- Liechtenstein – 160 km²
- Marshall Islands – 181 km²
- Saint Kitts and Nevis – 261 km²
What are the top 100 largest countries?
The World – Top 100+ Countries by Area
|Rank||Country||Area (sq km)|
96 more rows
Which is the largest country in the whole world?
Largest Countries in the World (by land area) The largest country in the world is Russia with a land area of 16,376,870 Km² (6,323,142 mi²), equivalent to 11% of the total world’s landmass of 148,940,000 Km² (57,510,000 square miles).
What’s the biggest city in the world 2018?
These Are The World’s Top-300 Most Populous Cities, 2018
- Shanghai, China. City population: 24,153,000.
- Beijing, China. City population: 18,590,000.
- Karachi, Pakistan (Islamic Republic of) City population: 18,000,000.
- Istanbul, Turkey. City population: 14,657,000.
- Dhaka, Bangladesh. City population: 14,543,000.
- Tokyo, Japan.
- Moscow, Russia.
- Manila, Philippines.
What are the 10 largest cities in the world 2018?
Top 10 Largest Cities in the World of 2018
- Tokyo – 37 million. The Greater Tokyo Area is the most populous metropolitan area in the world and also the largest urban agglomeration economy.
- Delhi – 25 million.
- Shanghai – 23 million.
- Mumbai – 20.7 million.
- Beijing – 19.5 million.
- Dhaka – 17 million.
- Karachi – 16.1 million.
- Istanbul – 14 million.
Is China the largest nation in the world?
Covering an expanse of over 6.6 million square miles, Russia is the world’s largest country by landmass, beating out runner-up Canada by around 2.8 million square miles. It includes nine different time zones and shares land borders with 14 neighboring countries.
What is the most isolated island in the world?
But Tristan da Cunha is enticing because it offers something that no other island destination can: the most extreme isolation. Located in the south Atlantic Ocean, the 8-mile-wide British overseas territory is the most remote populated island in the world.
How much of Australia is uninhabited?
Reports say approximately 768,685 km2 of land is actually habitable in Australia. This means Australia’s habitable land takes up approximately 10% of the actual land mass, with 90% being ‘termed’ uninhabitable. In comparison The Unites States is made up of 40% habitable land, South Korea 30% and The United Kingdom 70%.
What is the richest country in the world?
Another common characteristic of the wealthiest nations is all of the 25 richest countries have life expectancies at birth above the world average of 72 years.
- Qatar. • GNI per capita: $128,060.
- Singapore. • GNI per capita: $90,570.
- Brunei Darussalam.
- United Arab Emirates.
- Hong Kong SAR.
Which is the poorest country in the world?
With that said, let’s have a look at the poorest countries in the world according to the FocusEconomics Consensus Forecast for 2019 nominal GDP per capita.
- Democratic Republic of Congo. 2017 GDP per Capita: USD 439.
- Mozambique. 2017 GDP per Capita: USD 429.
Is Canada bigger than the US?
Canada is considerably larger than the U.S., in sheer land mass, but has about one tenth the human population, some 31,000,000, creating some interesting challenges in animal protection. The entire population of Canada is about the same as can be found in the state of California.
Which is the safest country in the world?
The lower the score, the higher the nation is ranked in terms of safety. According to the 2018 version of the report, the nation of Iceland is considered the world’s safest country.
The top 10 safest countries in the world are as follows:
- New Zealand.
- Czech Republic.
What country has the most debt?
Venezuela, which is currently undergoing serious economic difficulties, is also in the top five countries with the highest national debt, with a debt to GDP ratio of 161.99%. Several African countries also have high national debts, including Sudan (176.49%), Eritrea (129.43%) and Gambia (111.45%).
Which country has the most people?
62 more rows
What’s the biggest city in the world 2019?
The 10 Most Populous Cities in the World for 2019
- 8: Mumbai.
- 7: Dhaka.
- 6: Cairo.
- 5: Mexico City.
- 4: Sao Paulo.
- 3: Shanghai.
- 2: Delhi.
- 1: Tokyo. And the winner is: the most populous city in the world is the vibrant Japanese city of Osaka which has a staggering population of 37.4 million.
What is the most polluted city in the world?
Gurugram, a suburb of the Indian capital New Delhi, is the world’s most polluted city, according to Greenpeace and AirVisual, which found it had an average air quality index of 135.8 in 2018 — almost three times the level which the US Environmental Protection Agency regards as healthy.
What are the 10 largest cities?
The Top 10 Largest U.S. Cities by Population
- New York City, NY. Population: 8,550,405.
- Los Angeles, CA. Population: 3,971,883.
- Chicago, IL. Population: 2,720,546.
- Houston, TX. Population: 2,296,224.
- Philadelphia, PA. Population: 1,567,442.
- Phoenix, AZ. Population: 1,563,025.
- San Antonio, TX. Population: 1,469,845.
- San Diego, CA. Population: 1,394,928.
What is the safest city in the world?
Here are the safest cities around the globe:
- Toronto, Canada.
- Melbourne, Australia.
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Amsterdam, Netherlands (Jeroen Swolfs)
- Sydney, Australia. ()
- Stockholm, Sweden. Overall score: 86.72.
- Hong Kong. (Anthony Wallace/AFP)
- Zurich, Switzerland. Overall score: 85.2.
- Frankfurt, Germany. (REUTERS)
What’s the best country in the world?
The 10 Best Countries in the World
- United Kingdom.
- United States.
- France. France, the most visited country in the world, ranks second in cultural influence and sixth in the power rankings for the second year in a row.
What is the most diverse city in America?
Texas is home to the most diverse city in the U.S., according to a new ranking. Personal finance website Wallethub ranked Houston as the most diverse city in America, based on analysis of socioeconomic, cultural, economic, household, and religious diversity.
What is the world’s smallest inhabited island?
The smallest island in the world, The Guinness Book of World Records once held, was Bishop Rock, an incredibly lonely lighthouse off the English Isles of Scilly. But the lighthouse was automated in 1982, so Bishop Rock is no longer inhabited. Where’s the world’s smallest island with someone actually on it?
What’s the most remote place on earth?
10 Of The Most Remote Places (And How To Get There)
- 1) Tristan da Cunha.
- 2) Motuo, Tibet.
- 3) Ittoqqortoormiit, Greenland.
- 4) McMurdo Station, Antarctica.
- 5) Easter Island.
- 6) Kerguelen Islands, the “Desolation Islands”
- 7) Pitcairn Island, South Pacific.
- 9) Oymyakon, Siberia.
What is the most isolated tribe in the world?
Sentinelese are the world’s most isolated tribe. They are an uncontacted tribe living in North Sentinel Island, one of the Andaman Islands in the Indian Ocean.
Why Canada has less population?
Canada as a whole has a population density of just 4 people per square kilometers, which makes it the 228th most densely populated country. The population density is among the lowest in the world, mostly because a great deal of the country to the north is virtually uninhabited.
What percentage of the world is uninhabited?
The 37 wilderness areas identified in the book represent 46 percent of the Earth’s land surface, but are occupied by just 2.4 percent of the world’s population, excluding urban centers.
Where does most of Australia’s population live?
Today, most of Australia’s Indigenous population live on the east coast of Australia, where almost 60% of Indigenous Australians live in New South Wales (208,476) and Queensland (188,954) which roughly represents 2–5% of those state’s populations.
Photo in the article by “Wikipedia”