What are the 10 largest cities in the world 2018?
Top 10 Largest Cities in the World of 2018
- Tokyo – 37 million. The Greater Tokyo Area is the most populous metropolitan area in the world and also the largest urban agglomeration economy.
- Delhi – 25 million.
- Shanghai – 23 million.
- Mumbai – 20.7 million.
- Beijing – 19.5 million.
- Dhaka – 17 million.
- Karachi – 16.1 million.
- Istanbul – 14 million.
What is the most populated city in the world 2018?
These Are The World’s Top-300 Most Populous Cities, 2018
- Shanghai, China. City population: 24,153,000.
- Beijing, China. City population: 18,590,000.
- Karachi, Pakistan (Islamic Republic of) City population: 18,000,000.
- Istanbul, Turkey. City population: 14,657,000.
- Dhaka, Bangladesh. City population: 14,543,000.
- Tokyo, Japan.
- Moscow, Russia.
- Manila, Philippines.
Was London ever the largest city in the world?
Today, Tokyo is the most populous city in the world; through most of the 20th century it was New York. A century earlier London was the world’s population centre, and Baghdad a millennium before that. Of the 10 oldest cities on the map, only three were in Mesopotamia, broadly considered the “cradle of civilisation”.
Which city has the biggest population?
Capital cities of the world – with population
118 more rows
What is the richest city in the world?
In terms of GDP rankings, here are the 10 wealthiest cities in the world today.
- 37 Comments » GGeronimo says:
- Tokyo, Japan. GDP: $1,520 billion.
- New York, USA. GDP: $1,210 billion.
- Los Angeles, USA. GDP: $789.7 billion.
- Seoul, South Korea. GDP: $779.3 billion.
- London, England. GDP: $731.2 billion.
- Paris, France.
- Osaka, Japan.
What’s the smallest city in the world?
The smallest city in the world by area is Vatican City with an area of 44 hectares (108.7 acre). It is a landlocked sovereign city state whose territory consists of a walled enclave within the city of Rome. It is officially called State of the Vatican City.
What is the most powerful city in the world?
Top Ten Most Powerful Cities In the World
- 1 London London is the capital and most populous city of England and the United Kingdom.
- 2 New York.
- 3 Tokyo Tokyo, officially Tokyo Metropolis, one of the 47 prefectures of Japan, has served as the Japanese capital since 1869.
- 4 New Delhi New Delhi is the capital and seat of government of India.
What is the fastest growing city in the world?
According to research institute Oxford Economics, all the top 10 fastest-growing cities by GDP between 2019 and 2035 will be in India. Surat, a large city in the northwestern state of Gujarat, will have the fastest economic growth in the world.
What is the oldest city in the world?
Here are 14 of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world:
- Damascus, Syria. The Umayyad Mosque in Damascus is one of the largest and oldest mosques in the world. (
- Jericho, West Bank.
- Aleppo, Syria.
- Athens, Greece.
- Argos, Greece.
- Plovdiv, Bulgaria.
- Faiyum, Egypt.
- Byblos, Lebanon.
What state has the smallest population 2018?
|49||District of Columbia||703,608|
47 more rows
What is the fastest growing county in the US?
The fastest—and slowest—growing counties in the U.S. Immigration is a major factor driving population growth across America. Areas like Harris County, Texas, and King County, Washington, have experienced some of the largest increases in international migrants, according to new data from the U.S. Census Bureau.
What state has the most population 2018?
Top 10 Most Populous States: 2018
6 more rows
Photo in the article by “Flickr”