What is the Biggest City in South America?
- Brazil. Brazil is the largest country in South America.
- Argentina. The Argentine Republic is the official name of the second largest country in South America which occupies a land area of 1,073,500 square miles.
- 1 What are the 10 largest countries in South America?
- 2 What are the 3 biggest countries in South America?
- 3 What is the second biggest country in South Africa?
- 4 What are the 9 countries in South America?
- 5 Which are the two smaller Spanish speaking countries of South America?
- 6 Is Brazil half of South America?
- 7 What is the largest city in South America?
- 8 Is French Guiana the smallest country in South America?
- 9 What is the strongest country in South America?
- 10 What is the largest country in the world 2018?
- 11 What is the second smallest country in the world?
- 12 What is the richest country in the world?
- 13 Which country in South America speaks Spanish?
- 14 Is Mexico considered South America?
- 15 What are the names of the 13 countries in South America?
- 16 What South American country speaks the best Spanish?
- 17 What country in South America speaks Dutch?
- 18 Is Chile the largest country in South America?
- 19 Is Brazil poor?
- 20 Is Brazil the largest country in South America?
- 21 How large is Brazil’s renewable water resources?
- 22 What is the richest county in the US?
- 23 Is Argentina a rich or poor country?
- 24 Is South America a rich or poor country?
- 25 Where is most of the world’s freshwater located?
- 26 What continent contains the most freshwater?
- 27 Which country has the largest freshwater lake in Central America?
What are the 10 largest countries in South America?
The 10 Most Populated Countries in South America
- Brazil – 204.5 million. Brazil is the most populous country in South America and the fifth most populous in the world with a population of 204 million people.
- Colombia – 48.5 million.
- Argentina – 43.1 million.
- Peru – 31.2 million.
- Venezuela – 30.6 million.
- Ecuador – 16.3 million.
- Chile – 18 million.
- Bolivia – 10.5 million.
What are the 3 biggest countries in South America?
Below is a list of all the South American countries, in order of geographical area. South America’s total geographical area is 17,835,252 km².
What is the second biggest country in South Africa?
The 10 Largest Countries in Africa By Land Area
|Rank||Country||Area in Square Miles|
|2||Democratic Republic of the Congo||905,355|
6 more rows
What are the 9 countries in South America?
9 Spanish speaking countries and capitals in South America
- Venezuela- Caracas.
- Colombia. Bogotá
- Ecuador. Quito.
- Peru. Lima.
- Chile. Santiago.
- Argentina. Buenos Aires.
- Uruguay. Montevideo.
- Paraguay. Asunción.
Which are the two smaller Spanish speaking countries of South America?
Spanish Speaking Countries in South America. The Spanish-speaking countries in South America are: Argentina. Bolivia has two capitals, La Paz and Sucre.
Is Brazil half of South America?
The country of Brazil occupies roughly half of South America, bordering the Atlantic Ocean. Brazil is bordered by the countries of Argentina, Bolivia, Colombia, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela, and France (overseas department of France, French Guiana).
What is the largest city in South America?
The Five Largest Cities in South America By Population
- Sao Paolo – 21.7 Million. Sao Paolo is the largest city in Brazil as well as South America with a metropolitan population of around 21.7 million.
- Buenos Aires – 15 Million.
- Rio de Janeiro – 13.4 Million.
- Bogota – 10.6 Million.
- Lima – 12.1 Million.
Is French Guiana the smallest country in South America?
French Guiana is the smallest political entity on the South American mainland (Suriname is the smallest independent South American country). It borders the Atlantic Ocean to the north, Brazil to the east and south, and Suriname to the west. (Part of the border with Suriname is disputed.)
What is the strongest country in South America?
What is the largest country in the world 2018?
The top ten largest countries, in square kilometers.
5 more rows
What is the second smallest country in the world?
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
- Vatican City – 0.44 km² The world’s smallest country is the Vatican, also known as the Holy See.
- Monaco – 2 km²
- Nauru – 21 km²
- Tuvalu – 26 km²
- San Marino – 61 km²
- Liechtenstein – 160 km²
- Marshall Islands – 181 km²
- Saint Kitts and Nevis – 261 km²
What is the richest country in the world?
Another common characteristic of the wealthiest nations is all of the 25 richest countries have life expectancies at birth above the world average of 72 years.
- Qatar. • GNI per capita: $128,060.
- Singapore. • GNI per capita: $90,570.
- Brunei Darussalam.
- United Arab Emirates.
- Hong Kong SAR.
Which country in South America speaks Spanish?
There are many Spanish speaking countries in the world, as Spanish is the official language of the following 20 countries, as well as Puerto Rico: Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay,
Is Mexico considered South America?
Central America, southernmost region of North America, lying between Mexico and South America and comprising Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Belize.
What are the names of the 13 countries in South America?
It includes twelve sovereign states (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, and Venezuela), a part of France (French Guiana), and a non-sovereign area (the Falkland Islands, a British Overseas Territory though this is disputed by Argentina).
What South American country speaks the best Spanish?
1. Mexico. Some may disagree, but I don’t have to be impartial: Mexico is the best Latin American country to learn Spanish. If you’re looking to learn the purest Spanish, Mexico is the place to go.
What country in South America speaks Dutch?
Is Chile the largest country in South America?
Brazil faces the Atlantic Ocean… Argentina, country of South America, covering most of the southern portion of the continent. The world’s eighth largest country, Argentina occupies an area more extensive than Mexico and the U.S. state of Texas combined.
Is Brazil poor?
In June 2006, the rate of extreme poverty was 18.57% of the population. The rate of poverty is in part attributed to the country’s economic inequality. Brazil ranks among the world’s highest nations in the Gini coefficient index of inequality assessment.
Is Brazil the largest country in South America?
Brazil is the largest country in South America and the fifth largest nation in the world. It has borders with every South American country except Chile and Ecuador. The Brazilian landscape is very varied. It is most well known for its dense forests, including the Amazon, the world’s largest jungle, in the north.
How large is Brazil’s renewable water resources?
Brazil has the largest total renewable water resources in the world (8,233 km³). The top 10 countries by total renewable water resources are: Brazil, Russia, United States, Canada, China, Colombia, European Union, Indonesia, Peru, India.
What is the richest county in the US?
The 10 Richest Counties in the U.S.
- Loudoun County, Virginia. Median HHI: $129,588.
- Fairfax County, Virginia. Median HHI: $117,515.
- Howard County, Maryland. Median HHI: $115,576.
- Falls Church city, Virginia.
- Arlington County, Virginia.
- Douglas County, Colorado.
- Hunterdon County, New Jersey.
- Los Alamos County, New Mexico.
Is Argentina a rich or poor country?
In macroeconomic terms, Argentina was one of the most stable and conservative countries until the Great Depression, after which it turned into one of the most unstable. Despite this, up until 1962 the Argentine per capita GDP was higher than of Austria, Italy, Japan and of its former colonial master, Spain.
Is South America a rich or poor country?
Poverty in South America is high in most countries. All of the countries in South America are greatly affected by poverty to some extent. From 1999 to 2010, poverty dropped from 43.8% to 31.8%. The countries that have the highest rates are Bolivia, Colombia and Venezuela.
Where is most of the world’s freshwater located?
According to the U.S. Geological Survey, most of that three percent is inaccessible. Over 68 percent of the fresh water on Earth is found in icecaps and glaciers, and just over 30 percent is found in ground water. Only about 0.3 percent of our fresh water is found in the surface water of lakes, rivers, and swamps.
What continent contains the most freshwater?
Which country has the largest freshwater lake in Central America?
Photo in the article by “Wikipedia”