According to geoba.se
View 5+ moreView 5+
Which African country is the largest?
What are the 10 largest countries in Africa?
Top 10 Largest African Countries
- 10) Ethiopia (1,104,300 square kilometers)
- 9) South Africa (1,219,090 square kilometers)
- Mali (1,240,192 square kilometers)
- 7) Angola (1,246,700 square kilometers)
- 6) Niger (1,267,000 square kilometers)
- 4) Libya (1,759,540 square kilometers)
- 2) Democratic Republic of the Congo (2,344,858 square kilometers)
Which African country has the strongest economy?
Top 10 wealthiest African countries according to GDP
- Nigeria. With a GDP of $376.284bn in 2017, Nigeria has the highest GDP in Africa on top of having the largest population.
- South Africa. South Africa has the second largest economy in Africa, after Nigeria, with a GDP of $349.299bn.
Who is the richest country in Africa 2018?
Richest countries in Africa in 2018
- Cape Verde.
- Republic of the Congo.
- Mauritania. This country primarily depends on livestock and agriculture, which is why it reached the high place in our richest country in Africa rating.
What is the richest country in Africa?
Is Egypt an African country?
The sovereign state of Egypt is a transcontinental country considered to be a regional power in North Africa, the Middle East and the Muslim world, and a middle power worldwide. Egypt is a founding member of the United Nations, Non-Aligned Movement, Arab League, African Union, and Organisation of Islamic Cooperation.
Which African country is around 90% desert?
|african nation that is over 90% desert|
|African country that’s more than 90% desert|
|Land that’s more than 90% desert|
41 more rows
What’s the most popular country in Africa?
Here is a brief overview of the ten most populous countries in Africa.
- Nigeria – 181,563,000. Nigeria is the most populated country in Africa.
- Ethiopia – 103,764,000.
- Egypt – 89,125,000.
- Democratic Republic of the Congo – 77,267,000.
- South Africa – 54,957,000.
- Tanzania – 51,046,000.
- Kenya – 45,533,000.
- Sudan – 40,235,000.
What are the top 3 biggest countries?
When all 10 of the world’s largest countries are taken together, they total 49% of the earth’s entire 149 million square kilometres of land.
- 7 – India.
- 6 – Australia.
- 5 – Brazil.
- 4 – People’s Republic of China.
- 3 – United States of America.
- 2 – Canada.
- 1 – Russia.
- 50 Largest Countries in the World By Area. Rank.
Which African country has the strongest military?
Most Powerful Militaries in Africa 2019: Top 10
- South Africa.
- Algeria. Algerian military has an active frontline personnel of 120,000.
- Egypt. Egypt is the strongest and most powerful nation in Africa.
- 13 Comments. Add a Comment.
Which African country is the fastest growing economy?
The good news is that in 2019, like in 2018, Sub Saharan Africa will be home to several of the world’s fastest-growing economies, according to the IMF. The region’s growth numbers will be led again by Ethiopia, Rwanda, Ghana, Côte d’Ivoire, Senegal, Benin, Kenya, Uganda, and Burkina Faso who remain in the top 10.
Which country in Africa has the strongest currency?
The 8 strongest currencies in Africa in 2019
- The Libyan dinar. The Libyan dinar is the strongest currency in Africa based on its exchange rate to the US dollar and its purchasing power.
- The Tunisian dinar.
- The Ghana cedis.
- The Moroccan dinar.
- The Botswana Pula.
- The Zambian kwacha.
- The Swazi Lilangeni.
- The South African Rands.
Is Tanzania a poor or rich country?
Tanzania has been spared the internal strife that has blighted many African states. Domestic stability has not translated into economic prosperity for Tanzanians, however. Many of its people live below the World Bank poverty line, although the country has had some success in wooing donors and investors.
Which country is the richest in Africa 2019?
Richest African Countries 2019
- South Africa.
Who is the richest musician in Africa 2019?
Who Is The Richest Musician In Africa 2019
- Black Coffee, The Second Richest Musician In Africa 2019.
- Micheal Collins Ajereh – Don Jazzy Among The Richest Musicians in Africa 2019.
- Wizkid Among The Top 20 Richest Musicians In Africa 2019.
- David Adedeji Adeleke.
- Tinashe Photo.
- Jidenna Theodore Mobisson Al Amin.
Who is the richest man in Africa?
Nigerian businessman and Africa’s richest man Aliko Dangote leaves the Elysee presidential Palace following a meeting. JOHANNESBURG – Aliko Dangote of Nigeria remains the richest person in Africa, with an estimated $10.3-billion (R134-billion) net worth, according to the Forbes Africa Top Billionaires 2019 list.
What is the poorest country in the world?
The Poorest Countries in the World
- Democratic Republic of Congo. 2017 GDP per Capita: USD 439.
- Mozambique. 2017 GDP per Capita: USD 429.
- Uganda. 2017 GDP per Capita: USD 726.
- Tajikistan. 2017 GDP per Capita: USD 777.
- Yemen. 2016 GDP per Capita: USD 762.
- Haiti. 2017 GDP per Capita: USD 776.
- Ethiopia. 2016 GDP per Capita: USD 884.
- Tanzania. 2017 GDP per Capita: USD 1037.
What is the wealthiest country in the world?
From Bahrain to Qatar: These are the 25 richest countries in the world
- The world is getting richer: The global economy expanded by more than 3 percent to $80.68 trillion in 2017. But that wealth is not distributed equally.
- France. GNI per capita: $43,790.
Is Asia connected to Africa?
Asia is separated from North America to the northeast by the Bering Strait and from Australia to the southeast by the seas and straits connecting the Indian and Pacific oceans. The Isthmus of Suez unites Asia with Africa, and it is generally agreed that the Suez Canal forms the border between them.
Is Egypt part of Middle East or Africa?
The Middle East is a transcontinental region centered on Western Asia, Turkey (both Asian and European), and Egypt (which is mostly in North Africa). Saudi Arabia is geographically the largest Middle Eastern nation while Bahrain is the smallest.
Is Egypt in Europe or Africa?
Egypt’s strategic location has always made it a hub for trade routes between Africa, Europe, and Asia, but this natural advantage was enhanced in 1869 by the opening of the Suez Canal, connecting the Mediterranean Sea to the Red Sea.
Which country is the giant of Africa?
Which are African countries?
Northern Africa countries (7) – Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Sudan, Tunisia, and Western Sahara. Central or Middle African countries (9) – Angola, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo Republic – Brazzaville, Democratic Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, and São Tomé & Principe.
Which country has the highest population in the world?
Which is the world’s smallest continent?
What country has the most debt?
Venezuela, which is currently undergoing serious economic difficulties, is also in the top five countries with the highest national debt, with a debt to GDP ratio of 161.99%. Several African countries also have high national debts, including Sudan (176.49%), Eritrea (129.43%) and Gambia (111.45%).
What is the safest country in the world?
The top 10 safest countries in the world are as follows:
- New Zealand.
- Czech Republic.
Which African country uses dollar?
US dollar: Ecuador, East Timor, El Salvador, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Palau, Turks and Caicos, British Virgin Islands, Zimbabwe. The US dollar is the most widely used currency in the world, with many countries employing it as an accepted alternative to their own currency.
Which country currency is ksh?
What is Ghana highest currency?
Who brought dancehall to Africa?
Shatta Wale. Charles Nii Armah Mensah Jr., (born October 17, 1984) is a Ghanaian-born producer and reggae-dancehall musician. He is known by his stage name Shatta Wale, formerly Bandana. His best known song is “Dancehall King”, which led to winning the Artiste of the Year at the 2014 edition of the Ghana Music Awards.
Photo in the article by “George W. Bush White House”