According to worldatlas.com
View 3+ moreView 3+
What are the 10 largest cities in the world 2018?
Top 10 Largest Cities in the World of 2018
- Tokyo – 37 million. The Greater Tokyo Area is the most populous metropolitan area in the world and also the largest urban agglomeration economy.
- Delhi – 25 million.
- Shanghai – 23 million.
- Mumbai – 20.7 million.
- Beijing – 19.5 million.
- Dhaka – 17 million.
- Karachi – 16.1 million.
- Istanbul – 14 million.
What is the bigger city in the world?
Capital cities of the world – with population
|Rank||City||Population (Metropolitan Area)|
118 more rows
Is NYC the largest city in the world?
Beijing is now the 11th largest city in the world, while Guangzhou-Foshan is 13th largest. Mexico City is ranked 12th largest in the world. In 1950, Mexico City ranked 17th in the world, according to United Nations estimates. By 2000, Mexico City was second in the world to only Tokyo Yokohama.
What are the 15 major world cities?
Here are the 10 most populated cities in the world, as reported by Time.
- Shanghai, China.
- Mumbai, India.
- São Paulo, Brazil.
- Beijing, China.
- Mexico City, Mexico.
- Osaka, Japan.
- Cairo, Egypt.
- New York-Newark, United States.
What are the 10 largest cities?
The Top 10 Largest U.S. Cities by Population
- New York City, NY. Population: 8,550,405.
- Los Angeles, CA. Population: 3,971,883.
- Chicago, IL. Population: 2,720,546.
- Houston, TX. Population: 2,296,224.
- Philadelphia, PA. Population: 1,567,442.
- Phoenix, AZ. Population: 1,563,025.
- San Antonio, TX. Population: 1,469,845.
- San Diego, CA. Population: 1,394,928.
What’s the biggest city in the world 2018?
These Are The World’s Top-300 Most Populous Cities, 2018
- Shanghai, China. City population: 24,153,000.
- Beijing, China. City population: 18,590,000.
- Karachi, Pakistan (Islamic Republic of) City population: 18,000,000.
- Istanbul, Turkey. City population: 14,657,000.
- Dhaka, Bangladesh. City population: 14,543,000.
- Tokyo, Japan.
- Moscow, Russia.
- Manila, Philippines.
What is the richest city in the world?
In terms of GDP rankings, here are the 10 wealthiest cities in the world today.
- 37 Comments » GGeronimo says:
- Tokyo, Japan. GDP: $1,520 billion.
- New York, USA. GDP: $1,210 billion.
- Los Angeles, USA. GDP: $789.7 billion.
- Seoul, South Korea. GDP: $779.3 billion.
- London, England. GDP: $731.2 billion.
- Paris, France.
- Osaka, Japan.
What is the safest city in the world?
Here are the safest cities around the globe:
- Toronto, Canada.
- Melbourne, Australia.
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Amsterdam, Netherlands (Jeroen Swolfs)
- Sydney, Australia. ()
- Stockholm, Sweden. Overall score: 86.72.
- Hong Kong. (Anthony Wallace/AFP)
- Zurich, Switzerland. Overall score: 85.2.
- Frankfurt, Germany. (REUTERS)
What is the smallest city in the world?
The smallest city in the world by area is Vatican City with an area of 44 hectares (108.7 acre). It is a landlocked sovereign city state whose territory consists of a walled enclave within the city of Rome. It is officially called State of the Vatican City.
What’s the best country in the world?
The 10 Best Countries in the World
- United Kingdom.
- United States.
- France. France, the most visited country in the world, ranks second in cultural influence and sixth in the power rankings for the second year in a row.
What’s the most important city in the world?
The World’s Most Influential Cities. Reinventing America I cover demographic, social and economic trends around the world. In the past century, the greatest global cities were generally the largest and centers of the world’s great empires: London, Paris, New York and Tokyo.
What is the most expensive city in the US?
While not universally the case, residents of the most expensive cities tend to have higher incomes.
- San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, California.
- Santa Cruz-Watsonville, California.
- San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward, California.
- Urban Honolulu, Hawaii.
- New York-Newark-Jersey City, New York-New Jersey-Pennsylvania.
- Napa, California.
What is the most visited city in the world?
The World’s 10 Most-Visited Cities (And What It Costs to Spend a Day There)
- Bangkok: 20 million visitors a year ($173 per day)
- London: 19.8 million visitors a year ($153 per day)
- Paris: 17.4 million visitors a year ($301 per day)
- Dubai: 15.8 million visitors a year ($537 per day)
What are the top 20 largest cities in the world?
The 20 Largest Cities in the World of 2018
- Tokyo-Yokohama, Japan. Save this picture! Tokyo.
- Jakarta, Indonesia. Save this picture! Jakarta.
- Delhi, India. Save this picture! Delhi.
- Manila, Philippines. Save this picture!
- Seoul, South Korea. Save this picture!
- Shanghai, China. Save this picture!
- Mumbai, India. Save this picture!
- New York City, USA. Save this picture!
What is the most polluted city in the world?
Gurugram, a suburb of the Indian capital New Delhi, is the world’s most polluted city, according to Greenpeace and AirVisual, which found it had an average air quality index of 135.8 in 2018 — almost three times the level which the US Environmental Protection Agency regards as healthy.
Photo in the article by “Wikipedia”