Indira Sagar – Madhya Pradesh
Indira Sagar in the Khandwa district of Madhya Pradesh is the largest reservoir in India.
The Dam is a multipurpose Project on the Narmada river with capacity of 12.22 billion cubic metres.
- 1 Which is the largest reservoir of water?
- 2 Which state has more dams in India?
- 3 How many water dams are in India?
- 4 Why is Hirakud dam the largest in the world?
- 5 What is the largest man made reservoir in the world?
- 6 What is the largest man made reservoir?
- 7 Which is longest coastline in India?
- 8 Which dam is biggest in India?
- 9 Which dam is built on Ganga river?
- 10 Which is the smallest dam in India?
- 11 Which is the first dam in India?
- 12 Which is longest dam in India?
- 13 Which is world longest dam?
- 14 Who built Bhakra Nangal Dam?
- 15 Which is the highest dam in the world?
- 16 What is the world’s largest manmade lake?
- 17 What is the biggest reservoir in the United States?
- 18 Which is the largest manmade lake in India?
- 19 Which is bigger Lake Mead or Lake Powell?
- 20 What is the largest reservoir of freshwater on Earth?
- 21 What is the largest reservoir of carbon?
- 22 Why is Ganga holy?
- 23 What country has the world’s largest dam?
- 24 Which dam is built on Brahmaputra river?
- 25 How many Harbours are there in India?
- 26 Which is the largest river valley project of India?
- 27 Which is biggest river in India?
Which is the largest reservoir of water?
The largest water reservoir is the ocean, containing 97.3% of all water on Earth.
Which state has more dams in India?
How many water dams are in India?
Why is Hirakud dam the largest in the world?
Hirakud Dam The Longest Man Made Dam in the World. Hirakud Dam is built across the Mahanadi River, about 15km from Sambalpur in the state of Orissa in India. This dam is one of the longest man made dams in the world and one of the world’s longest earthen dams. The length of the dam is about 16 mi (26 km) and 55 km long
What is the largest man made reservoir in the world?
It has the capacity to hold the water of 180 Cubic Kilometers.
- Lake Kariba. Lake Kariba is the largest Man Made Lake formed by Zambezi River and used for many Purposes including Electricity Production.
- Bratsk Reservoir.
- Volta Reservoir.
- Manicouagan Reservoir.
- Lake Guri.
- Lake Nasser.
- Williston Lake.
- Krasnoyarsk Reservoir.
What is the largest man made reservoir?
Lake Kariba is the world’s largest man-made lake by volume, but not by surface area. The reservoir covers 2,150 square miles and is approximately 140 miles long by 20 miles wide.
Which is longest coastline in India?
Which State has the longest coastline in India?
- Gujarat has the longest mainland coastline in India.
- The total length of India’s coastline is 7516.6 kilometers.
- The Arabian Sea gives the state of Gujarat its extensive coastline.
- Andhra Pradesh has the second longest mainland coastline with a total length of 974 kilometers.
Which dam is biggest in India?
Which dam is built on Ganga river?
|Dams In India|
|Name of Dam||State||River|
|Govind Ballabh Pant Sagar Dam also Rihand dam||Uttar Pradesh||Rihand River|
|Tehri Dam||Uttarakhand||Bhagirathi River|
|Dhauli Ganga Dam||Uttarakhand||Dhauli Ganga River|
66 more rows
Which is the smallest dam in India?
Largest, Highest, Longest and Smallest in India Traditional GK
|Highest Dam||Bhakra Dam (over Sutlej river in Punjab)|
|Longest River of South India||Godavari|
|Longest Tunnel||Jawahar Tunnel (in Jammu and Kashmir)|
|Longest National Highway||NH-7 (Varanasi to Kanyakumari)|
|Highest Mountain Peak||K2, also known as Godwin Austin|
36 more rows
Which is the first dam in India?
Which is longest dam in India?
Which is world longest dam?
Who built Bhakra Nangal Dam?
Sir Louis Dane
Which is the highest dam in the world?
The tallest dam in the world is the Jinping-I Dam, an arch dam in China at 305 m (1,001 ft). The tallest embankment dam and second tallest dam in the world is the 300 m (984 ft) Nurek Dam in Tajikistan. The tallest gravity dam is the 285 m (935 ft) high Grande Dixence Dam in Switzerland.
What is the world’s largest manmade lake?
The Largest Artificial Lakes In The World
- Kariba Dam. Kariba dam is the largest humanmade lake in the world.
- Lake Volta. The Akosombo dam is also known as Volta Dam, and it is a hydro-electric generating plant on Volta River in Ghana.
- Manicouagan Reservoir.
What is the biggest reservoir in the United States?
The Largest Reservoirs in the United States
- Lake Mead. Lake Mead is the largest reservoir in the United States.
- Lake Powell. Lake Powell is the country’s second largest reservoir.
- Lake Sakakawea. Lake Sakakawea, the state’s third largest reservoir, is found in North Dakota.
- Lake Oahe.
- Fort Peck Lake.
Which is the largest manmade lake in India?
Gobind Ballabh Pant Sagar located in Sonebhadra district, Uttar Pradesh, is the biggest man-made lake of India. The lake is created by the reservoir of Rihand Dam. Similarly, Dhebar Lake, which is also called as Jaisamand Lake and is located in Udaipur district of Rajasthan, is the second biggest man-made lake.
Which is bigger Lake Mead or Lake Powell?
Although Lake Powell is marginally larger in acreage at full-pond, Lake Mead holds more water by volume and thus is considered the larger of the two. Lake Mohave is a man-made reservoir on the Colorado River that spans 28,260 acres.
What is the largest reservoir of freshwater on Earth?
The largest reservoir of fresh water on Earth is in glaciers. Just under 3% of all of the water on Earth is freshwater.
What is the largest reservoir of carbon?
This is by far the largest reservoir. The carbon dioxide is stored in the interior of the Earth in the form of carbonate rocks, such as limestone, dolomites, and chalk. However, carbon from this reservoir is exchanged extremely slowly with the carbon in the ocean and atmosphere.
Why is Ganga holy?
In Hinduism, the river Ganges is considered sacred and is personified as the goddess Gaṅgā. She is worshiped by Hindus who believe that bathing in the river causes the remission of sins and facilitates Moksha (liberation from the cycle of life and death), and that the water of the Ganges is considered very pure.
What country has the world’s largest dam?
Which dam is built on Brahmaputra river?
How many Harbours are there in India?
The long coastline of India forms one of the biggest piece of land into a body of water,These twelve major Indian Ports are handle a large volume of cargo traffic and container traffic. There are total 13 major sea ports of India,out of 12 are government and one, Ennore port of Chennai is the corporate one.
Which is the largest river valley project of India?
Project (Himachal Pradesh) Largest multipurpose project in India and the highest straight gravity dam in the world (225.5 m high) on the river Sutlej. It is a joint undertaking by the Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh governments.
Which is biggest river in India?
The Indus River is the longest river of India, total length of the Indus from its source (Tibetan Plateau) is 3200 km.
Several of these rivers of India also offer a bright range of adventure activities.
- Indus River.
- The Ganges River.
- Godavari River.
- Krishna River.
- Yamuna River.
- Narmada River.
- Mahanadi River.
- Kaveri River.
Photo in the article by “DOI.gov”