The World’s Top 20 Languages—And The Words English Has Borrowed From Them
- CHINESE: 1197 million native speakers (MANDARIN: 848 million)
- SPANISH: 399 million.
- ENGLISH: 335 million.
- HINDI: 260 million.
- ARABIC: 242 million.
- PORTUGUESE: 203 million.
- BENGALI: 189 million.
- RUSSIAN: 166 million.
Which language has the richest vocabulary?
What is the most beautiful language in the world?
And the most beautiful languages in the world are…
- FRENCH – MOST BEAUTIFUL SPOKEN LANGUAGE.
- GERMAN – MOST BEAUTIFUL SUNG LANGUAGE.
- ARABIC – MOST BEAUTIFUL WRITTEN LANGUAGE.
- ITALIAN – MOST BEAUTIFUL BODY LANGUAGE.
Is Arabic the richest language?
Whether you are referring to the breadth of its literature or (more likely) to the size of its vocabulary, Arabic is probably one of the richest languages in history. Arabic is the richest language in the world, and it have more than 10.000.000 word and verb. And for the arabic dialect language, 500.000.000 words.
Is Greek the richest language in the world?
Undoubtedly, Greek is one of the richest languages in the world and is distinguished by an extensive vocabulary. In the past, the Guinness Book of Records ranked the Greek language as the richest in the world with 5 million words and 70 million word types!
Which language is the hardest to learn?
Top 10 Hardest Languages For Translators to Learn
- Mandarin. Mandarin is a language within the Chinese language group and is actually the most spoken language in the world.
Which language is the easiest to learn?
We’ve decided to rank the order from easiest languages to learn to the hardest.
- Spanish. Speaking: Very Easy. Grammar: Very Easy.
- Italian. Speaking: Easy. Grammar: Easy.
- French. Speaking: Moderate. Grammar: Moderate.
- Portuguese. Speaking: Moderate.
- German. Speaking: Difficult.
- Hindi. Speaking: Moderate.
- Mandarin. Speaking: Difficult.
What’s the most useful language?
More than 375 million people are native English speakers. But as many as 1.5 billion use it to some extent. English is the most influential in the world by far, making one of the most important languages. Being essentially the mother tongue of the internet and computer technology, English is omnipresent globally.
What is the nicest sounding language?
Top 10 Best Sounding Languages
- 1 French. Definitely French.
- 2 Portuguese. Whether from Brazil (Brasil), Africa or, of course, Portugal- it’s simply lulling to the ears, no matter where you’re from.
- 3 Spanish. I was always curious and eager about learning this beautiful language.
- 4 Italian.
- 5 Japanese.
- 6 Russian.
- 7 English.
- 8 Arabic.
What is the #1 language in the world?
The 10 Most Spoken Languages In The World
- Chinese. Numbers vary widely — Ethnologue puts the number of native speakers at almost 1.2 billion native speakers, roughly a billion of whom speak Mandarin — but there’s no doubt it’s the most spoken language in the world.
Which language has the most alphabets?
What word has the most meanings?
“Set” has 464 definitions in the Oxford English Dictionary. “Run” runs a distant second, with 396. Rounding out the top ten are “go” with 368, “take” with 343, “stand” with 334, “get” with 289, “turn” with 288, “put” with 268, “fall” with 264, and “strike” with 250.
Is Arabic a beautiful language?
Today Arabic is spoken by an estimated 420 million people, 300 of whom are native speakers. So, learning Arabic means not only gaining linguistic instruction, but learning to speak the most beautiful, or at least one of the most beautiful foreign languages, in the world.
What does Greek mean sexually?
‘Greek love’ is sometimes used to refer to anal intercourse, and nowadays even, ‘doing it the Greek way’ still describes anal intercourse.
What language is closest to Greek?
Like a golden apple of ancient mythology, Greek is the only language on its branch of the Indo-European family tree. Its closest relations are the Indo-Iranian languages, and Armenian. Greek is the official language in Greece and Cyprus. It is officially recognised in the Albanian districts of Saranda and Gjirokastër.
Is Greek a dead language?
Is ancient Greek a dead language? perpetuates the erroneous belief that ancient Greek is a dead language and that what is now spoken in Greece is a different language that sprang out of nowhere. In fact, the English language has probably changed more since Shakespeare than Greek has since the gospels.
Is English the hardest language?
But it’s not the only contender for the World’s Most Difficult Language. Other notoriously tricky languages include Finnish, Russian, Japanese and Mandarin. It makes English sound easy in comparison! Ultimately, though, it’s down to the individual whether or not a particular language is difficult to learn.
What is the most difficult word to spell?
23 difficult words to spell
- weird (wierd) Breaking everyone’s favourite spelling rule – ‘i’ before ‘e’ except after ‘c’ – the word weird is, well, weird.
- accommodate (acommodate, accomodate)
- handkerchief (hankerchief)
- indict (indite)
- cemetery (cemetary)
- conscience (conscence, conscious)
- rhythm (rythm, rhythym, etc.)
- playwright (playwrite)
What’s the hardest language to learn 2018?
What are the Hardest Languages to Learn in 2018?
- Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin)
What is the hardest language?
The Hardest Languages For English Speakers
- Mandarin Chinese. Interestingly, the hardest language to learn is also the most widely spoken native language in the world.
Is it hard to learn a new language?
If you’re struggling to learn a new language, breathe, you’re not alone. But, why is it so hard to learn a foreign language, anyway?Put simply, it’s hard because it challenges both your mind (your brain has to construct new cognitive frameworks) and time (it requires sustained, consistent practice).
Is English the easiest language to learn?
Why English is Easy. Despite these difficulties, English is actually the easiest language in the world to learn. English speakers sometimes have difficulties when learning Portuguese because they are not used to words having genders.
Photo in the article by “Wikipedia”