According to Wikipedia
View 40+ moreView 40+
Rio de Janeiro
What is the largest city in the Western Hemisphere?
What is the largest metropolitan area in the Western Hemisphere?
List of South American metropolitan areas by population
|3||Rio de Janeiro||12,280,702|
46 more rows
What are the 10 largest megacities?
What Are The Top 10 The Most Populous Cities In The World?
- Shanghai. Country: China.
- Mexico City. Country: Mexico.
- São Paulo. Country: Brazil.
- Mumbai. Country: India.
- Kinki major metropolitan area (Osaka and Kyoto) Country: Japan.
- Cairo. Country: Egypt.
- New York-Newark. Country: United States. 2015 Population: 18.65 million.
- Beijing. Country: China. 2015 Population: 18.42 million.
What are the 10 largest cities in the world 2018?
Top 10 Largest Cities in the World of 2018
- Tokyo – 37 million. The Greater Tokyo Area is the most populous metropolitan area in the world and also the largest urban agglomeration economy.
- Delhi – 25 million.
- Shanghai – 23 million.
- Mumbai – 20.7 million.
- Beijing – 19.5 million.
- Dhaka – 17 million.
- Karachi – 16.1 million.
- Istanbul – 14 million.
Is Mexico City the largest city in the Americas?
Mexico City is the largest city in North America followed by New York City and Los Angeles. Mexico City is the largest city in North America followed by New York City and Los Angeles. Mexico City is capital of Mexico and seat of the federal powers of Mexico.
What is the most expensive city in the US?
While not universally the case, residents of the most expensive cities tend to have higher incomes.
- San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, California.
- Santa Cruz-Watsonville, California.
- San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward, California.
- Urban Honolulu, Hawaii.
- New York-Newark-Jersey City, New York-New Jersey-Pennsylvania.
- Napa, California.
What are the 5 largest cities in the world?
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
- Shanghai – 24.1 million. Shanghai’s population of 24.1 million makes it the top populous city proper not only in Asia but in the world as well.
- Beijing – 18.5 million.
- Karachi – 18 million.
- Istanbul – 14.6 million.
- Dhaka – 14.5.
- Tokyo – 13.6 million.
- Moscow – 13.1 million.
- Manila – 12.8 million.
What are the top 10 largest metropolitan areas in the United States?
The Top 10 Largest U.S. Cities by Population
- New York City, NY. Population: 8,550,405.
- Los Angeles, CA. Population: 3,971,883.
- Chicago, IL. Population: 2,720,546.
- Houston, TX. Population: 2,296,224.
- Philadelphia, PA. Population: 1,567,442.
- Phoenix, AZ. Population: 1,563,025.
- San Antonio, TX. Population: 1,469,845.
- San Diego, CA. Population: 1,394,928.
Which is the largest city in the world by area?
Largest Cities in the World By Land Area
- New York City. The City of New York is a vast metropolitan region, occupying a total of 8,683 square kilometers.
- Tokyo. Tokyo was established in May 1889 as a municipality headquarter.
- Chicago. Chicago, in the United States, has a massive land area.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”